Home

KOTOR and TSL: improved dueling?

kamikazees

Ok I know beancounter was working on this issue last year, but my search of the forums and mods has turned up empty. Is it possible to mod the dueling line of feats so they are more competitive with two-weapon fighting? I know there are people like me who love those single sabers!

I am thinking dueling would be a very competitive choice if it did something like this:

Dueling 1: +1 Hit, +1 Def, +1 Dam

Dueling 2: +2 Hit, +3 Def, +2 Dam

Dueling 3: +3 Hit, +5 Def, +3 Dam

So what can be done, if anything?

• 2 weeks later...
actually, a freind of mine HAS made custom feats.

just to let y'all know!

oh and he dosn't want realise them. *BASHES FREINDS HEAD IN WITH UNUSED LIGHTSABER FIXTURE* XD

Probably he hacked game, and it is illegal.

No other way is known.

Because feats aren't covered by the scripts.

Only one thing we may do, is to activate some effects via hearbeat or userdefined or other event's scripts.

Also it is possible to activate them.

But no way to force feats work as they worked in game.

p.s.: what effect his feat has?

what if it will be passive force power (or something like that), what checking are you using one saber or dual/two ? or is the second hand empty? :)

after that, if result is true, it'll give some pluses. Can't that be done?

Passive Force powers can't be done.

But there is still a way to do this.

It should be for example, friendly forc power, when you cast it from friendly menu, it runs script with for() loop (having no parameters in () makes it infinite).

So, for() example this for loop will run after every 5 seconds (not to slow down the game). In this for() loop there will be if check, that checks if caster has lightsaber. Then, if returns 1 it applies somne bonuses for 5 seconds.

But what makes it different from passive powers is that it will be selectable in friendly powers menu...

But passive powers are possible to be dummy powers. Because there is no way to attach to them script via .2da files. :(;)

it runs script with for() loop (having no parameters in () makes it infinite).

So, for() example this for loop will run after every 5 seconds (not to slow down the game). In this for() loop there will be if check, that checks if caster has lightsaber. Then, if returns 1 it applies somne bonuses for 5 seconds.

That wouldn't work though, the game engine will kill a script after a few seconds if it hasn't finished executing by then, (in this case correctly) assuming it's stuck in an infinite loop. NWScript run in quick bursts, they don't run continually. It triggers a script, runs through all commands in it and then terminates, usually within a few milliseconds. As far as I understand it the engine can only run one or a few scripts/commands simultaneously, preventing execution of other scripts if a script runs in a loop for too long. (I.e. commands wrapped in DelayCommand() are put on the command queue and execute after the script that queued them has finished running.)

You can use either DelayCommand() or a script running from a Heartbeat event to do what you describe, instead.

Yes, STOFFE.

Just got bath and realised that another script may stop executing script.

As I thought :D So, I was partly wrong.

But for example, do you remember your blast power? It continues for more than 10 seconds... And just for fun I made something like it but it lasted for 30 seconds.

Heartbeat is good way, but this will recure doing hearbet for every module, yeah?

p.s.: Hey, Haven't I said of 5-seconds delay?

Archived