Home

Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...

Darth Avlectus

So basically what you are saying is that you would kinda of want to see Galadriel if she had taken the one ring from Frodo...I don't remember the exact quote but, "...beautiful and terrible as the dawn...all will love me and despair...".

I think that this potentially could work...just imagine if this was your PC's love interest/mentor and then there was that plot twist at some point in the story...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So basically what you are saying is that you would kinda of want to see Galadriel if she had taken the one ring from Frodo...I don't remember the exact quote but, "...beautiful and terrible as the dawn...all will love me and despair...".

I think that this potentially could work...just imagine if this was your PC's love interest/mentor and then there was that plot twist at some point in the story...

"In Place of a Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and Night, Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and Lightning! Stronger than the foundation of the earth. All shall love me and despair."

I like Vaelastraz combo idea.

^^^Atris used a blue too. I think it's what gives the enemy more layers. Not just plain Jedi' date=' plain Sith. But of course, only when the plot can explain it.[/quote']

Actually Atris used whichever color you specified in that dialogue with Atton, since she used the Exile's old lightsaber (I actually said once in that dialogue that I had a red lightsaber and Atris had a red saber when I encountered her later).

Also, Atris wasn't a Sith. She fell to the Dark Side near the end of the game and she didn't even realize it. If she considered herself a Sith she would have had a red saber. Besides it takes time to build a lightsaber, you can't expect her to quickly change her saber to red between her fall under Traya's influence and the Exile's arrival to Telos.

@Vaelastraz: But then she wouldn't be a Sith, would she? I could go with silver, but only if the villain turned out to be something different than a Sith.

Actually Atris used whichever color you specified in that dialogue with Atton, since she used the Exile's old lightsaber (I actually said once in that dialogue that I had a red lightsaber and Atris had a red saber when I encountered her later).

Also, Atris wasn't a Sith. She fell to the Dark Side near the end of the game and she didn't even realize it. If she considered herself a Sith she would have had a red saber. Besides it takes time to build a lightsaber, you can't expect her to quickly change her saber to red between her fall under Traya's influence and the Exile's arrival to Telos.

@Vaelastraz: But then she wouldn't be a Sith, would she? I could go with silver, but only if the villain turned out to be something different than a Sith.

How about if we see her before the final battle she used a color that matches your character type. When you meet her in the final battle she uses red.

^Thanks for the help with the exact quote!

I was thinking that it would be cool if you had that plot twist (that has been such a big part of SW in general)...think of Sidius, you never saw him with a red saber until he was confronted by Jedi - so I think the idea of not seeing the traditional red saber until the twist/final confrontation would be great!

EDIT: I always thought of Atris as a great charcter that could be used as a bridge between the games...going with what is accepted as canocical, LSF Exile, I always assumed that Atris was left alive. She has such great potential - for either falling from her grace and allowing the mercy shown to become the center of her dark heart; or having that mercy fill her with light and showing the way to redemption. Regardless, I have always felt that she would be determined not to make the same mistakes again - she would not sit idly by and wait and think. She in fact could be a great choice to be the mentor for your new character - whether or not she actually ends up as the new "bad guy" or not - as a very proactive force in the galaxy.

Helen of Troy? Last beach(Aleema) trying to pull that off died when a bunch of stars go nova.

How about a sithlord that was fatally wounded, therby supporting her life thru the use of a huge machine connected to her body.

Oh one thing. A sithlord with NO LIGHTSABER!! Yes, give her a sithblade, a spear, a reaper, a 2 by 4, but nO LIGHTSABER. A n ice bladeborn tradition breaths new air to the red glowstick swinging people.

I'd have the girl mentioned before. Who's a manipulating bitch. A more stereotypical sith guy who you think is running stuff (plot twist - OMGZ it's the girl whos da boss!!1!!11) who is a mior villain somewhen. And a big sith beast that prvides your physical violence.

Oh one thing. A sithlord with NO LIGHTSABER!! Yes, give her a sithblade, a spear, a reaper, a 2 by 4, but nO LIGHTSABER. A n ice bladeborn tradition breaths new air to the red glowstick swinging people.

How about no weapon at all?

Maybe not even a physical fight.

WOW!

I'm away for just a few days and I get all sorts of intriguing ideas from people! You all seem to have GREAT Ideas. IMO--keep this up and it may get some kind of attention.

I don't have much--or rather I have way too many to list.

some general ideas:

Like Egyptian?

Cow-folk?

South American?

What seems to be most prominant (by frequency of being brought up) is a woman character.

How about something more of oriental like (chun li, mai shiranui, kanu untyou, DOA girls, samurai spirits--the sort of french maid ninja chick)? Maybe like that girl on power stone?

I thin the new set of comics with that darth krayt isn't too bad--that darth nihl sort of remids me of Marylin Manson...

Maybe one like a rockstar--with a voice over from the one(s) whom is being imitated after? I.E.

Rob Zombie, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, OZZY (that'd be more hilarious than scary), Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot & Twisted Sister (Hey, shut up!--I like hair bands too), ICP, Iron Maiden, mighty mighty bosstones, cannibal corpse, dimmu borgir... Just something to play with in your little meatbag heads...;)

Or a pro wrestler like undertaker.

At any rate--I like this...KEEP IT UP!

And I have just a little refutation to anyone who believes all sith should have red lightsabers only;

What of Exar Kun? He invented the double bladed lightsaber and it was blue let us not forget.

Before K1, revan had both a red and a purple saber--the purple one was lost-- so how about that?

What of the groups of sith on K1 you would occasionally run into that happened to have purple blades?

What about the empire's executioner and Vader's trusted but lesser known student Hethrir--he weilded a silver lightsaber?

Darth Bane, a definite sith--came up with the philosophy that there shall be no more/less than 2 sith: one to embody the power, another to crave it-- weilded a purple lightsaber didn't he?

The human incarnation of Vader--on ROTS video game if you play as anakin, YOU actually win and leave a slain Obi Wan on the platform to decend the lava fall and go to get an alternate ending that rewrites history-- were that the case or had the 'theiving Kenobi' kept his paws off of skywalker's blue saber in the actual events that unfolded, it is forseeable that Vader would have kept the blue saber and left it unaltered. What about that?

I'm just saying; while red is the most prominent color, it may not always be the color of choice fitting a particular sith or other darksider that may or may not be derived from the sith.

The entirety of your ideas is in the works for some truly great concepts I think. Try to elaborate a little more. Some of you want some completely original Ideas.

I know this is a bit of an oxymoron, but did anybody else think there should be (more) sith who are more for using sith teachings for constructive and unselfish purposes, but maybe tragically misunderstood? (I guess this is stabbing at the jedi and showing possible arrogance and evil on their side in a way.) For example, thjough it is more of a grey area, ones who believe in true love? I mean, that was "basically" Anakin's reason for becoming Vader and also the reason he left vader to don Anakin Skywalker for the last time.

I love all you meatbags--I mean fellow LFers or somesuch-- out there. Good work!

Before K1, revan had both a red and a purple saber--the purple one was lost-- so how about that?

If you're referring to that apparition in the Tomb of Ludo Kreesh from TSL, that's, IMO, not a reliable proof. Remember the visions in K1 - Revan had only one lightsaber and it was red.

What of the groups of sith on K1 you would occasionally run into that happened to have purple blades?

Hmmmm, a programmer's mistake? :D

As for Exar Kun and Darth Bane, I honestly don't know, but I'll check to be sure.

I was just simply making a point.

Programmres mistake I'd honestly say 50/50 chance.

Maybe the grunts were a little disgruntled? :)

With all that lore abou Windu I'd say it's possible either way.

Hmm, I heard something on these forums that the Rev had a purple one that he lost. Eh. No matter.

Vader is just a theorizing based upon the Anakin ending in the ROTS game. I'll admit that much. Anakin/Vader seems like somebody who'd keep it.

As for Bane, I'm slowly finding out more and more. I see in the Visual guide book him with purple. Most accounts--all in fact--have been Bane/purple that I have ever seen. I probably don't know any more than you. Somehow I just have that feeling; but I will gladly abdicate to you if you have some solid evidence that he's a red. I believe there is some novel on him and his story that was supposed to have been published earlier (april-may) this year?

Exar is definitely blue all the way around--he only had a single sided blue at first, but then made his double bladed (his last), with which he used to anihlate his former master and many others. I can't find anything to the contrary on color. Again, if at any point AFTER he turned to the dark side he had a red, you happen to find a solid article, do show us all, won't you?

Back to the matter at hand:

What of your sith lord development? I'm here if you need ideas.

Well, pure force battle would not be fun in a playability point of view. Well, cause some players would prefer non attacking force powers during their game play and then when they come to the end they would get totally neutered by the event.

But ass a prosessing force ghost horde would be fun.

And well, the "beauty and the beast" combo is a bit cliche, I would just let the lady sithlord do the job on her own, with a nice3 pair of cortosis blade.

Yes, I still think a sithlord whose llife is maintained by a huge support cable is fun(maybe connected to a huge walking machine), it is basically an ancient version of the "mroe machine than man" idea, but obviously bulkier. Would be nice if you can redempt her also, if only for parody.

As for the "dead or alive" girl suggestion, I think it would look great. Though I think a sith in swimsuit is not exactly too good to the story? Dancing girl outfit, on the other hand...

I'd have the girl mentioned before. Who's a manipulating bitch. A more stereotypical sith guy who you think is running stuff (plot twist - OMGZ it's the girl whos da boss!!1!!11) who is a mior villain somewhen. And a big sith beast that prvides your physical violence.

Yes, she'd be a femme fatale, who appears to always just hide behind the big bosses without revealing that she's really the one running the show. Imagine how you have a few Sith lords early on, and one appears to be the top dog. Yet you meet him and kill him fairly early in the game, only to see his presumed apprentice take over as dark lord, and now he has his "master's girl" hanging at his side. And it's not until much, much later in the game that you find out that they were both just muscle to her manipulations. Sort of like a young but very beautiful Kreia, if you will... ;)

I keep thinking "succubus", when I think of this character :D

Yes, she'd be a femme fatale, who appears to always just hide behind the big bosses without revealing that she's really the one running the show. Imagine how you have a few Sith lords early on, and one appears to be the top dog. Yet you meet him and kill him fairly early in the game, only to see his presumed apprentice take over as dark lord, and now he has his "master's girl" hanging at his side. And it's not until much, much later in the game that you find out that they were both just muscle to her manipulations. Sort of like a young but very beautiful Kreia, if you will... ;)

I keep thinking "succubus", when I think of this character :D

Kreia was never sexy ;) and she would need to have that manipulative side but also could use her looks to manipulate people to do what she wanted... with the computer image based on Kate Beckingsale :)

Well, in my old KotOR III story that I ditched: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171405

I had a character called Darth Zithra, except I killed her off in the background.

However, she is similar to the type of character you fellas' were talking about. This is what I wrote:

The group also learns a bit about the ‘True Sith’ from the information acquired at the warehouse. It turns out indeed that the ‘True Sith’ are the remnants of Ludo Kressh’s fleet, an Ancient Sith Lord of the Great Hyperspace War era.

Long ago, his remnants fled into un-chartered space. The remnants vowed to return to Republic space and wage war against the Republic and the Jedi Order in an attempt to avenge the deaths of their brethren and the fall of their once great Empire by crushing their long time arch-rivals, once they were strong enough again.

But like all Sith, their secluded rebuilding phase in the unknown regions soon developed into a massive civil war, such is the way of the Sith. You would assume that the civil war would inevitably cause the complete destruction of their old Empire, but no.

This is because a female Sith Lord of great power, beauty and charisma, known as Darth Zithra, discovered the technique to do exactly the same thing as Darth Sion did, and keep her body alive and intact for a long time.

She, like Sion, could hold her body together by sheer force of will and the power of hatred, channeled through the dark side. Her hatred was directed at the Republic and the Jedi, for defeating the Empire that she was born into during the Great Hyperspace War.

But Zithra was different than most Sith. She was set on uniting the fallen Sith factions that had divided amongst themselves in the massive civil war they had against each other, so she returned from the Trayus Academy at Malachor V (where she left ancient Sith tablets and scrolls detailing what happened to her armada to the Sith students who remained at the Trayus Academy and learned from the teachings she left behind) and the knowledge that Sion discovered to learn how to keep his body together.

Sion was the only other Sith Lord who could achieve Zithra’s ability, as the technique requires the individual to have a very strong hatred and affinity to the dark side of the Force, something which most great Sith have, but not to the extent of Sion and Zithra’s hatred. That is why you don’t see hundreds of Sion’s amongst the Sith.

One by one, she found and united the Sith factions who were fighting against each other, but she could never achieve true unity, as each time the Sith looked to rebuild, all their work collapsed before them as they continued to erupt into civil wars, because that is in the nature of their teachings.

So for centuries they were caught between not being completely wiped out, but also not being strong enough to launch an assault upon the Jedi Order and the Old Republic, who kept getting much stronger and stronger, with each passing century.

Darth Zithra remained alive for all this time (because the technique makes her immortal, and her will is not as easy to break as Sion’s) and she remained as the Dark Lord of the Sith for centuries, but she could not bring true union among the divided Sith.

The civil wars continued to occur in the unknown regions, without the Jedi Order or the Old Republic ever finding out, but that all changed, as when the students at the Trayus Academy wiped each other out, they left traces, beacons of their Empire, clues of their continuing existence to this day, at Malachor V, which Revan would discover many years later.

Zithra was centuries old. She was still the Dark Lord of the ‘True Sith’ and obviously she lost her beauty long ago. The ‘True Sith’ Empire was in disarray, it was on the verge of collapse, until finally, she managed to unite what little was left of the Sith, and show them that the reason why their ancestors came into the unknown regions in the first place was to unite, rebuild and return to Republic space to crush the Jedi Order and the Republic.

She also showed the remaining Sith how their own teachings have led to the downfall of their previous Empires, that when fighting against an enemy such as the Republic and the Jedi Order, they should all be united by their hatred against them and deal with them first, and only after once their enemies are gone they should fight against each other, not like the old ways, where they used to do both at the same time.

In other words, she says that the Sith should leave each other alone and work together to defeat the Republic and the Jedi Order, not divide and fight each other at the same time whilst they’re fighting a great, historical enemy. Zithra’s strong hatred was directed towards the Republic and the Jedi Order, as you can imagine.

So they united, and began rebuilding their Empire together, slowly increasing in academies, numbers, resources and so on. At the time, the Old Republic and the Jedi Order were very strong and we’re in a fantastic state, and this is when a large society of elite neo-crusading warriors known as the Mandalorians were conquering outer-rim worlds not under the jurisdiction of the Republic over the years.

Darth Zithra knew that her united Empire would need to be strong in order to defeat the very powerful Republic and Jedi Order, but she couldn’t wait for her own Empire to rebuild over many years. Heck, they might split up again.

She wanted revenge badly, but she wanted the Republic and the Jedi Order weakened, so she went exploring the deep regions of space, to look for allies that could possibly help her weaken the Republic and the Jedi Order.

At the time, the Mandalorians were looking for someone worthy to fight. They were kicking everybody’s ass, and were looking for a decent challenge. Zithra came to the Mandalorians, and at first, they tried to kill her, but couldn’t because she was very powerful and she could not die. She would not go away, so the Mandalorians were forced to hear what she had to say.

She was impressed by the size and strength of the Mandalorian armada, and she asked the Mandalorians if they were interested in fighting against the Republic and the Jedi Order. She said to them that they were very strong factions and were worthy of their attention and skill in battle.

She said that fighting against such a great enemy would give the Mandalorians all the honour and glory that they could ever imagine. It would be a battle that would be remembered forever. In exchange for hordes of gold, honour and glory, Zithra wanted the Mandalorians to attack the Republic and the Jedi Order for them.

They agreed to this of course, excited by the promise of a great battle worthy of their skill and attention, so when Zithra told the Mandalorians where to find the Republic, they departed deep outer-rim space, and began attacking Republic worlds, in an attempt to lure the Republic into battle, which succeeded, resulting in the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars.

This not only weakened the Republic and the Jedi Order, but it gave the ‘True Sith’ more time to rebuild their Empire behind the scenes. And to the unexpected delight of the ‘True Sith’, the Jedi Civil War occurred, which they did not intend to happen.

So, they just sat back and let their enemies fight it out against each other, further weakening the Republic and the Jedi Order and allowing them even more time to build up an Empire that would stomp all over any measly resistance left after the end of the Jedi Civil War.

But, for some reason, the ‘True Sith’ never attacked the Republic and the Jedi Order after the Jedi Civil War. They somehow managed to end up in another civil war again, but how they managed to end up in another civil war again is not addressed in the data that is found by the group.

This is why they never attacked anyone in KotOR II, when all their enemies were in a weak, vulnerable state. Because they were too busy fighting each other again. The data does reveal though that Darth Zithra was defeated by her apprentice Lord Astaroth during the Jedi Civil War, and he became the new Dark Lord of the ‘True Sith’.

Maybe he stuffed up Zithra’s plans and restarted a massive civil war amongst the ‘True Sith’. Either way, Astaroth defeated Zithra. He threw her into an abandoned torture chamber that was filled with explosives, enclosed her in and set the charges off, blowing her body up into pieces.

To ensure her permanent end, he then scavenged her scattered, charred body parts from the wreckage, and threw them into the depths of a volcano, to melt and completely destroy her physical body, thus killing her and ensuring she will not put her body back together ever again, because she no longer has a body!

All this was written by a scholar/historian from Zithra’s Empire, who wrote scrolls telling the story about the ‘True Sith’ Empire, so they could be passed on and read by the younger students at their academies for educational purposes.

Sounds alright eh? Meh, something like that, except if I kept Zithra alive and we saw her, she'd probably look something like Kreia, not like Bastila or anything.

I had a funny idea for who the next Sith Lord should be, but I think it might fall under the category of "ridiculouse", so bear with me.

I think the next villian in KotOR III should be a Sith Lord impersonating Darth Revan. The player should be prompted to make a decision early on if whether Revan was male or female, and then the fake Revan is adjusted accordingly. And then the big shocking revelation scene reveals that your life long Jedi Master / Mentor is actually Revan, and the opposite gender of what you chose. (That last idea is just a little mischief on my part to mess with people who refuse to play Revan as anything but one gender, then see their reaction. ;))

Archived