Home

Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...

Darth Avlectus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too funny! :rofl:

@Sith_Reven, that's an interesting idea, but it wouldn't allow any dialogue with the Sith Lord. Mentally insane people are hard enough to have conversations with, let alone turn to the light side. :)

For the new villain, I'd like someone who's more of a Thrawn-like character, like InyriForge mentioned, than someone like Palpatine or Vader. I'd love the villain to have elaborate schemes and such, but there was already a Palpatine-esque Sith in KotOR II.

Inyri's post sums up my opinion on this, though. :)

That will be fun. The final boss battle will be decided in dialog.

I was of course applying that to the idea I posted before: I'd have the girl mentioned before. Who's a manipulating *****. A more stereotypical sith guy who you think is running stuff (plot twist - OMGZ it's the girl whos da boss!!1!!11) who is a minor villain somewhen. And a big sith beast that provides your physical violence.

So in this case... yeah. A final boss you defeat without beating for ages; or, as igyman suggested: a fight with the force.

I know this is a bit of an oxymoron, but did anybody else think there should be (more) sith who are more for using sith teachings for constructive and unselfish purposes, but maybe tragically misunderstood? (I guess this is stabbing at the jedi and showing possible arrogance and evil on their side in a way.) For example, thjough it is more of a grey area, ones who believe in true love? I mean, that was "basically" Anakin's reason for becoming Vader and also the reason he left vader to don Anakin Skywalker for the last time.

I also like the idea of more layered and sympathetic Sith. I guess Revan can sort of fit that description. Problem is that even Anakin became the stereotypical sith guy in not a lot of time. What's needed is a more personal relationship, or look into the backstory of the villain. Otherwise they'll just be another sith villain. Most sith characters could have that tragic falling, but we just don't find out.

Maybe the That Sith lord should have a twisted love relationship with the his female apprintes . First he dies some where early on , then you think she's the real deal , and somewhere on the end you fight her . She gets redeemed or killed and the true EVIL being "their child" emerges from the shadow .

Now this kid is truely a Sith on speed , using massive force powers ( thinkin like does crazy scene's in Akira ) . I think that would be truely something else .

OFcourse this might give problems with rating stuff , so make the child very unhumenly evil , he's just using the body as vessel or something .

Well... how about this for an idea. You play as a mentally unstable jedi with a split-personality. Throughout the story you are trying to destroy your arch enemy, who, unbeknown to you is your split personality. (If you are ls, enemy is ds and so on...)

Thus, the final boss battle is between you and yourself.

DS self - "Mwahahah I've got you now!"

*chops off own arm*

LS self - "YOU LOATHSOME BEAST I SHALL SLAY YOU AND PROTECT THE INNOCENTS OF THE GALAXY!!"

*chops off other arm*

*Party Members mutter about you being a crazed maniac and ask themselves why they wasted their time offering you aid to help you in your suicidal endeavors*

Well... how about this for an idea. You play as a mentally unstable jedi with a split-personality. Throughout the story you are trying to destroy your arch enemy, who, unbeknown to you is your split personality. (If you are ls, enemy is ds and so on...)

Thus, the final boss battle is between you and yourself.

DS self - "Mwahahah I've got you now!"

*chops off own arm*

LS self - "YOU LOATHSOME BEAST I SHALL SLAY YOU AND PROTECT THE INNOCENTS OF THE GALAXY!!"

*chops off other arm*

*Party Members mutter about you being a crazed maniac and ask themselves why they wasted their time offering you aid to help you in your suicidal endeavors*

Has someone been watching Fight Club?

WHOA! HOLY $***

I didn't think this would still be up in the ranks.

OK. Well, I can't fully respond to everyone but I'll do my best to address as many people as possible.

To humor those guys up there about the women--Awesome! Maybe some kind of ninja chick wearing oriental sort of a qi-pow (did I spell it right?--chinese style dress, though japanese use it too if a bit varied) combat dress? Heh--did someone say succubus? Can you say Morrigan Aensland? :) That'd be trippy to have some sith creature that does the whole morphing-wings thing even if there is nothig else particularly special. BTW the crystal dwarf (the one where Vader's student Hethrir gets eaten by some anti-force creature named waru at the end) makes reference to succubi and incubi. So there IS some mithical creatures referenced in the SW.

As far as you got, architect, I'm actually surprised that you aren't an author or something--you LOVE to type/write don't you? I liked in general what I saw. LucasArts should consider hiring you as a plot writer or something I guess. Maybe you could write your own book? Excellent work.

Master Kavar , Not at all--this sort of intrigue makes it interesting as a game I think.

During the Jedi Vs Sith comics? That could be one. IMO--I'd sort of like to see how this republic fails and it becomes anarchious...before the next republic rises "that has stood for a thousand years" that sidious eventually takes over. But that idea DOES utilize existing sith lords. And it seems like it is usable enough. Bane always struck me as a darkside version of Mace Windu.

"Bob Bushwhacker's guide: to how to defeat lightsaber form VII." YOU are onto something, definitely.

Convertable characters...I think that's a little too simple. Since I have so much real life experience with meatbags and managing conflicts, the choices in dialogue are kind of a no-brainer for me. Maybe someone else had a hard time--but I can't imagine who.

Maybe if the writers put some effort into it, you know, draw it out with intrigue and really force the player to think philosophically--and it takes place over a number of fights and events. Perhaps you can bring the guy or gal to your side without using the light side? Like you have a loyal follower of DS? I suppose even literally at your disposal if you are as souless and dishonorable as sidious was.

Many of you like the idea of a sith relationship-- why not have master be the woman (still pretty young and attractive) and the student be a young man she is in love with?

C'mon--does nobody like the idea of a hot teacher chick and a young dude? She could have him wrapped around her little finger.

Wookie sith--somehow it seems like a fair idea...if a bit funny. :) If you can make it serious I'll listen and respond--but I'll rate that borderline, not quite rediculous but could easily be. Darth jarjar? Don't mkae me laugh!

As far as revan being the sympathetic sith...while revan was awesome--shouldn't we try to at least move on a bit? Maybe someone, a bit of a maverick, who followed Revans phillosophies? Someone who is like Revan but, you know, different? Original? There should continue to be reference to the Rev. However, we need to move in a forward direction. A mystical and intrigue type ending of unknown determination is good --in moderation. For example, much as I also love MegaMan X (obviously by my avatar of Zero), Let us not imitate its storyline and its main bad guy, Sigma--which is what writers were beginning to do with sidious. We need to keep the storyline true but keep rolling out with originality so to others will follow (not lead) star wars in brinksmanship and knockoffs!

Evln, sabretooth, why haven't you two posted on this yet? I'd have thought you'd both eat this one up?!?

I love this. I've been away awhile. Keep it up Meatbags!

Happy Holidays.

Many of you like the idea of a sith relationship-- why not have master be the woman (still pretty young and attractive) and the student be a young man she is in love with?

C'mon--does nobody like the idea of a hot teacher chick and a young dude? She could have him wrapped around her little finger.

Oh absolutely; it hasn't been done yet in the Old Republic series (or at any other time that I can recall) and might make a refreshing change from the same arch type Sith Lords we've already had. In fact I imagine that female Revan and Malak already had this kind of relationship prior to him betraying her.

Wookie sith--somehow it seems like a fair idea...if a bit funny. :) If you can make it serious I'll listen and respond--but I'll rate that borderline, not quite rediculous but could easily be. Darth jarjar? Don't mkae me laugh!

This won't happen; Lucas has already laid down the law that there isn't to be any more force sensitive wookiees, period. Obsidian wanted Hanharr to be an optional dark Jedi character, but Lucas Arts shut that idea down pretty fast.

Yes, she'd be a femme fatale, who appears to always just hide behind the big bosses without revealing that she's really the one running the show. Imagine how you have a few Sith lords early on, and one appears to be the top dog. Yet you meet him and kill him fairly early in the game, only to see his presumed apprentice take over as dark lord, and now he has his "master's girl" hanging at his side. And it's not until much, much later in the game that you find out that they were both just muscle to her manipulations. Sort of like a young but very beautiful Kreia, if you will... ;)

I keep thinking "succubus", when I think of this character :D

Exactly.... then slap in some sith beast to keep the violence fan happy :p

Oh, great. Now you made Jimbo go to the hospital with head injuries from beating _his_ head to get the image out. :xp:

And we'd better get back on topic before I have to give me a warning. :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I like my bosses getting progressively harder and their stories making sense with their fights. In TSL, I had a non sequiter with Nihilus being (considerably) weaker than Sion when they had built him up as a planet-size force-sucking monster.

Oh, great. Now you made Jimbo go to the hospital with head injuries from beating _his_ head to get the image out. :xp:

Tell him I have other pics. :p

And we'd better get back on topic before I have to give me a warning. :)

C'mon, Jae! Don't you remember the good ol' days with us and RJM? :D

(We can still make off-topic comments on the sidelines. ;))

I don't know about anyone else, but I like my bosses getting progressively harder and their stories making sense with their fights. In TSL, I had a non sequiter with Nihilus being (considerably) weaker than Sion when they had built him up as a planet-size force-sucking monster.

But the problem with that is how it fit perfectly with the plot. Nihilus is a planet-draining monster, (in some cut content, he completely pwns Sion when they get into a fight) but the problem with the Exile was that she had nothing he could drain. In fact, quite the opposite. If you give a plant water, it grows. If you set it on fire, it dies; that's what happened with Nihilus. He thought when he consumed the Exile he'd get water, but he ended up getting quite the opposite. It was a totally natural reaction, and wouldn't have fit with the plot if it didn't happen. :)

(If that doesn't convince you, I have a tweak to make Nihilus much stronger I can send your way. :xp: )

I'd love for the KotOR III villain to be a hard nut to crack, but if there are any extenuating and plot-fitting circumstances that make him an easy one, I'd be fine with that.

What if you had a char that's just in it for the money? A third party looking out for himself and does not think of the repercussions... A dopple GO-TO, if you will... Both the good and the evil have thier own agendas, but have to work around the idiot with credits on the brain. If your actions were a decidinf factor before, they may be a little more in depth now... There's more than one way to skin a cat, right? Try tostop him/her by telling them the cons of thier actions. Show them proof... Cripple them physically/mentally/financially... Kill them... The thread of the story as well as the difficulty of the game could change with your choices in a differant way than before... Will you stop them full on putting you at constant risk? Infultrate and coup from the inside? Who knows? I dunno... just throwing it out there... I like the idea of the whole double agent thing... The Watchman char will be stretched to new lenghts.

What if you had a char that's just in it for the money? A third party looking out for himself and does not think of the repercussions... A dopple GO-TO, if you will... Both the good and the evil have thier own agendas, but have to work around the idiot with credits on the brain. If your actions were a decidinf factor before, they may be a little more in depth now... There's more than one way to skin a cat, right? Try tostop him/her by telling them the cons of thier actions. Show them proof... Cripple them physically/mentally/financially... Kill them... The thread of the story as well as the difficulty of the game could change with your choices in a differant way than before... Will you stop them full on putting you at constant risk? Infultrate and coup from the inside? Who knows? I dunno... just throwing it out there... I like the idea of the whole double agent thing... The Watchman char will be stretched to new lenghts.

I do like the idea of some more grounded factors in gameplay. Politics and such. Giving the law a brian was something I suggested somewhere before. Clue them up a bit more. If you're a bad guy, give them at least the dignty to know that.

Yeah , the NPC need better AI , its amazing that they don't run away or sense in some way you are a DARK EVIL CHARACTER !!!

Sertenly the more important , power persons : like the chief of police or like that Queen TSL , I was sometimes amazed how easly you could fool them .

Maybe somesort of Coven of Sith Witches would be nice "Enemy" to fight , like ten kreie's in one bunch ( ofcourse not all the same age ! ) .

All I ask is for the boss (or bosses) to be a traditional human Sith Lord who wants to rule the universe and none of this killing the force or eating everyone from this force Sith. Also I'd like the boss to look around the same age as the PC.

My other idea for a Sith Lord would look like this:

bushdemon.gif

note: I don't actually feel that strongly about Bush, I just couldn't think of anyone else to do. I was just experimenting with Photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAHHHHH! what are you DOING?! I should take you all and chainsaw your asses!

Frankly I doubt bush is smart enough to be hitler. But I don't want this thread to be about bush hating. We all get enough of that from the mocking and patronizing voices and personalities in the P.O.S. brain washer machine we call mass media. But congress on the other hand... I'd say they are all pretty close to being like the trade federation, regardless of alignment. They don't care as long as there's $$$ to be made.

A multitude of bosses that gets progressively harder? Sure. I'm not sexist, but, If it is a woman at the top, why not make it out to be the type of establishment that gives all strong women a bad name: femme-a-nazis

Another angle is the middle aged conniving woman--like traya, but MUUUUUUCH WORSE!

What I'd picture as a sith master woman is a woman in her middle ages like 30s and 40s possibly older. Once attractive, but now is just some cranky old B****!

She would have people like palpatine, nihilus, traya, malak, and exar wrapped around her little finger. And have a flood midless minions.

Someone who-regardless of standing in any establishment-ruled it all.

Has legions of yes men and women.

You may thinkyou know the type of woman I'm talking about but most couldn't even come close to comprehending. It'd take me days to truly explain the women I'm talking about. These are based upon some I have had the un-pleasure of meeting in childhood. My own mother was tough but she warned me about these type of women.

Such vile cruelty. Subversive, the greatest of all the evils, being very subtle about it. It has a similar effect to nihilus' but over time much grander and of greater complexity. Reverse descriminatory. Uses fallacies. Twists and convolutes words inside and out to make them say or not say whatever she wants -or doesn't.

As a girl, shepoked the guard dog woth a stick on purpose and used the whole daddy's girl thing to have it executed.

Uses people. Rubs you the wrong way. Couldn't care less.

Conniving and maniacal.

As a young woman she was a jezzabelle and a schmoozer. A real gold digger.

Steps on people to get ahead. Doesn't give a second thought. Could kill somebody like that. If looks could kill, half the population of earth would be dead already.

Just when you think you couldn't be any more pissed off, she says something to rub you the wrong way as she always does, just to be spiteful and annoying, and yet does it so ellegantly you still can't explode.

As a consellor, belittles you, badgers and browbeats you. Will take your words, and twist them so you sound like a deranged sociopath who needs medication and to be locked up. Semantics are child's play to her--a definite snake in the grass when it comes to "verbal-judo". Not something to be proud of--but it is a powerful tool when utilized a certain way.

As a lawyer, takes your top dollar and still doesn't give a flying $*** about your case.

As a ~snipped~...well, while I don't condone physical violence towards women, but if a ~snipped~ (hint hint for a boss) wants to act, dress, and fight like a man, she shouldn't complain if her face gets smashed in. She should be honored to be getting a man's treatment. Especially if she's like 6'8 and weighs 350lbs and is a lineman on your HS football team--you can't tell it's a she.

As a mother (I'm glad MY mother wasn't like this) She would:

1) Treat children coldly. A child who hurt itself falling down stairs cries and writhes in pain reaching out for her and instead of helping it or seeing if it is okay, she stares unblinkingly at it. Then walks away from it.

2) Instead of defending you and forcing the school to deal with you, affirms their complaints.

3)Based on my friend who lived in a foster home: Even though her husband is a strict and mean (compared to others) former sergent for the marines who has Post Traumatic Stress disorder and an italian with a short hot temper, she will get onto him for not being hard enough on the kids. She'll turn the kids against him and vice versa. Shell encourage one behavior, then complain about it to the dad and have him whoop the kid, then has the nerve to comfort the kid--then tell him that he got what he deserved and that the dad is just mean and that's life.

4) Turns the kid against his friends and vice versa through lies. Wants all the good attention yet shoves everyone away when their own needs surface. Insulting to the kid's friends and his parents.

5) knit pick and nag beyond what is reasonable; is never at fault and can do no wrong, yet everyone else is wrong for the littlest things re;evant or irrelevant. Even if she burnt dinner, it's someone else's fault for not helping enough or making her mad.

6) she is never pleased nor satisfied, uses "honor thy mother and thy father" as an excuse to be abusive.

7) so abrasive and such biting chafing dry sarcasm that you can't tell if she's joking or not.

8) a stepmother who controls the laundry and on a cold day gives the stepchild too little to wear to school and locks the child out of the house to send it off--without a backpack. Says that ot "isn't her kid, isn't her problem!"

9) drives all the girls out of the boy's life, yet teaches her girls to be gold diggers.

Hypocrisy is only the tip of the iceberg.

Preaches tolerance and acceptance, yet is on a warpath to eliminate strong minded people who stand up for themselves.

Has an unrealistic and ofthen times idealistic view of how people should be, yet also changes that all the time.

As a principle (especially in a california school but I won't name names or times in particular but let's just say in the last 20-40 years) is every family's worst nightmare.

Makes snitches out of people, yet looks down on people who are snitches.

That's not clever, that's spineless.

Insults your intellegence. Mocks your words. Lies both blatantly and carefully. Has such a facade that she can fool anyone. Appearing the beacon of goodness.

3 times was bad as all the popular women out there we hear of all the time. Listed in no particular order and not a reflection of my politics--I HATE politics:

Dr. Laura Sleschenger

Hillary Clinton

Ann Coulter

Dianne Fienstein

Laura Ingram

Janet Reno

Martha Stewart

Nancy Pellosi

Condoleeza Rice

Okay, anything you hear about these women--but like all rolled up into one and multiplied.

To give you an idea: Evokes the kind of anger that will make you sick within a week after your anger episode. An anger that causes you to practically mutate like the hulk--and in the morror you see not just yourself but the devil. You can lift and crush and break things you normally can't because the adrenaline is pumping through your vanes so much that your muscles practically want to explode.

Would anybody like to hear more on this type of personality--which I rhink would befit a sith woman? I think a woman character who personifies masterful, cruel, subversion and is lowlife in high places.

I know plenty from personal experience. I really could go on for days. If you need inspiration. I think honestly there could be a female sort of nihilus character but with a really juicy character. A really dynamic character. Brings out the darkest hatred. Someone who you either love or HATE! No middle road--since that's the inevitable theme of SW.

She could even be in some sort of social relationship with you, the main PC--and you wouldn't know it until the end. Where, whether light or dark, you have gone through hell and before you die you are going to take her out of this existence!

Again, just an angle to consider as far as a character's vivid substance.

Someone who benefits from both love and hatred. A woman who makes other women as well as all sentient life feel embarreased and insulted to even be living.

BTW I know I made spelling errors. SKRU U--it's late!

Please avoid using derogatory terms --Jae

All I'll say about Bush here is that no matter what history will remember Bush as the worst tyrant the world has ever seen, and he does have his faults but I think it's unfair for him to be remembered this way or even to be suggested as a Sith, especially when you have Palpatine who in my mind is the evilest person I have even seen, either in film, novel, real life, doesn't matter.

Say, did I suggest an early Sidious for a Sith Lord?

Archived