Home

KOTOR: new hardcore mod?

kamikazees

Ok I'm looking for a new kind of tough KOTOR mod, one that increases enemy ac, hp and damage only. I've seen Talchia's mod, but I think it will force me to abandon my consular chars because of the mega-increased saves from the str, dex and will increases. Even if enemies don't save, a lot of offensive powers won't scratch them (I think +200hp enemies would laugh at force storm's 10-60 dmg, and that ain't right!). To avoid the force issues, I'd have to make a sold/guard char and just whack away with my saber. While I'd survive more often, I'd like to mix it up more often head-to-head, so to speak...

Maybe a good compromise is to merely increase the ac, hp and damage enemies do. That way they don't die as fast, but do more damage, and force users still get their day. I suggest a couple different mods, as I have no idea what the sweet spot is: 25% increase, 33%, 50%? The key would be to increase enemy AC until chars miss more often, but don't need to roll 20 just to hit. I've achieved this effect in TSL (except for hp increase) by increasing enemy ac by about 33% and damage by about 20% in the autobalance.2da file, but there's no such file for KOTOR. Can something similar be done? Help?

Archived