Home

Did Bastila Know?

The Sith'ari

Because it's incredibly dangerous for Force-sensitives without any training against the dark side to know they were Sith Lords a few years ago.

Ahhh.... but he didn't know how to use the Force yet, so he couldn't be a threat, and he couldn't lie to the Council, he didn't have enough deception like Traya... (in game he does, but I think in real life, that the Council could see right through it.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A simple question, to which I ask another...

Why didn't she tell him, while on Taris, that he was Revan? The Council would have never known, and as Jolee said, it was probably for best, that he knew who he was...

Because it was meant to be a plot twist for the latter stages of the game, that's why. She was following orders from the Council as well, which was not to tell Revan the truth. And what do you mean the Council would never have known?

How can you assume that Revan wouldn't tell the Jedi Council how he/she found out he/she was Revan on Dantooine? Even if Revan 'played along', the Council would probably be able to squeeze the truth out of Revan and/or Bastila, or at least know that you and/or her are lying.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Architect, Revan could be very manipulative, and the Council on Dantooine, wasn't as bright as THE Jedi Council on Courscant...

But how could Bastila be certain whether Revan wouldn't try to lie to the Jedi Council or not about knowing his/her true identity and how he/she found out if the Council knows that Revan knows who he/she is? It was smart of Bastila not to tell Revan on Taris, to avoid taking that risk.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Architect, Revan could be very manipulative, and the Council on Dantooine, wasn't as bright as THE Jedi Council on Courscant...

1. Revan DOES have the option to lie to the masters on Dantooine. True, they're not lies that matter or impact the plot in any way, but they're still there.

2. There is only one jedi council. It doesn't matter where it is. It's usually seated on Coruscant, but that doesn't prevent the masters from going to other places in the Republic. And clearly only a few of them were on Dantooine in K1.

Indeed, the only master from Dantooine we know to be on the council is Vrook. I'd think that Vandar is on the council too, but I don't think we actually know that, and we don't know about Dorak or Zhar either.

On the other hand both Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell, Kavar, Lonna Vash, and Atris are all at the council at the Exile's trial, which is years before K1, as well as during TSL, so they must have been masters during that time of K1, where we only ever see one of them.

Say, why didn't Bastila immediately recognise Revan, as a Republic soldier, on Taris? Didn't she handpick Revan for the assignment? She would have recognised him either when pretending to be out of it or when fighting alongside him. How come she initially snaps at him when she had him brought along for the mission?

Well I think she DID recognize him. Of course. Bastila is very proud and stubborn. Perhaps she had a hard time that on the very first of Revan's missions, he already saved her.

Perhaps she just couldn't accept that that he helped her out of a nasty situation, something she thinks she should be able to handle herself.

Good point, coupled with her feelings towards Revan at the time she would probably find the fact he's a good guy, or at least saved her if you're going DS, particularly jarring. It's probably part of the reason she acts the way she does, because of her feelings towards Revan (I can only imagine whether he gave a few home truths about the Mandalorian Wars like I described above) she takes out her frustrations on having to side with him on Revan. Not quite Lonna Vash material yet methinks.

It seems quite clear to me that Bastila always knew you were Revan. The mission on the Endar Spire was part of Revan's retraining to be a good Jedi again. Remember, the council thought that Bastila's Force bond was the only hope for redeeming Revan.

The whole "crew transfer story" was a hoax that the Jedi on the ship gave to you and the rest of the crew. You had not spent any time previous to joining the Republic army being a mercenary, explorer, or criminal as the character backstories and Trask's explanations suggest. Rather, you had been almost killed by Malak, spent three years being brainwashed/retrained/implanted with false memories, including those of signing up for the military, and then you were posted to the Endar Spire as per the council's plan.

Bastila's mission included trying to make you be the opposite of what you had been before. This included being light-side, and to stand against all that Revan had been. Therefore, she would have told you how evil Revan was, but not told you too much, in case you came to sympathize with him, thus awakening your earlier self. It also becomes clear that Bastila, proud as she is, is somewhat in admiration of what Revan was, which also explains why she was able to be turned by Malak. In unguarded moments she sometimes lets that show through, and this frightens her. Her fears about not being a good Jedi are rooted in her experience with Revan. Remember, Revan was a icon of good before he fell. It seems that the Jedi council is also taking the opportunity of Revan's redemption to teach Bastila a lesson herself.

No, Bastila didn't know you were Revan until Dantooine when you were sent back to the Ebon Hawk for a "private" matter between Bastila and the Council. It's obvious she was told there because Carth says, "She came out looking like she say a ghost or something."

Yes, he says that directly after your vision of Revan and Malak in the ruins that contain the Star Map- the vision that you and Bastila share. I'm guessing that's why he says that.

Also, Bastila had feelings for Revan ever since they were at the academy together, so I definitely think she ought to recognize him.

No, Bastila didn't know you were Revan until Dantooine when you were sent back to the Ebon Hawk for a "private" matter between Bastila and the Council. It's obvious she was told there because Carth says, "She came out looking like she say a ghost or something."

He says it after you come off the Ebon Hawk, "First Bastila comes out looking like she saw a ghost and now you." He's talking about coming off the Ebon Hawk not out of the Council chambers. Bastila was upset because she shared a vision with Revan not because she found out that Revan was Revan. The vision happened when they were both asleep and I doubt they were sleeping in the Council chambers.

Bastila knew very well that Revan was Revan on Taris. When you first meet her, after the swoop race, she says: "And as for you, if you think you can collect me as a prize...Wait... I don't believe this! You're... uh... you're one of the soldiers with the Republic fleet, aren't you?" (Quoted from the .tlk files, emphasis mine.) Note the hesitation, she almost said: "I don't believe this you're Revan!"

Also, Bastila had feelings for Revan ever since they were at the academy together, so I definitely think she ought to recognize him.

Where do people get this from? I've heard it multiply times, but there is absolutely no evidence in game of Revan and Bastila knowing each other prior to the events of K1. Bastila probably knew of Revan, but personally? I highly doubt it. And even if they did know each other, considering that Bastila would have been about 12-13 when Revan (who would have been about 20-21) left for the Mandalorian Wars I doubt they had a relationship. ;)

And where did you take Revan's and Bastila's age from, Melly? :D

As far as I know, it's not in the game, nor anywhere else. Which would let it to the imagination of the player. And so it can't be used as an argument.

Other than that, I agree with you. To me it is obvious that Bastila knew Revan from the beginning of Kotor I.

And about the relationship thing. I don't recall hearing that somewhere else than in this forum. So I guess it is wishful thinking. :D

And where did you take Revan's and Bastila's age from, Melly? :D

As far as I know, it's not in the game, nor anywhere else. Which would let it to the imagination of the player. And so it can't be used as an argument.

By going from information and dates given by Bastila and others in the game. Bastila says she was still an apprentice when Revan left for war, meaning she had not been chosen as a padawan yet. That would also mean, from everything I've seen/read, that Bastila was about 12-13, or perhaps even younger.

Revan I see as being about 20-21 when s/he left for the Mandalorian Wars (and this is pretty much universally excepted by other forum members, if not here then elsewhere. From what I've seen at least) because I cannot see Republic soldiers listening to a teenager, Jedi or not. Making him/her 27-28 in K1. It is an assumption, I admit, but one backed up fairly well, by facts in the game. ;)

Hm I don't know at what age exactly someone is chosen as a Padawan, but my guess is that it depends on the person. So 12-13 it is. Where did you read that? oO

About Revan, well, you do have a point there. He could be slightly younger or older, but i agree with you on that. So let's assume Revan was 20, and Bastila was not 12, but 16-17. A romance would certainly be possible.

Hm I don't know at what age exactly someone is chosen as a Padawan, but my guess is that it depends on the person. So 12-13 it is. Where did you read that?

In the Jedi Apprentice series of books, apprentices must be chosen as padawans by the age of 13 or they are forced to leave the Order. Much like Disciple in K2. If Bastila was still just an apprentice then she would have been under the age of 13.

In the Jedi Apprentice series of books, apprentices must be chosen as padawans by the age of 13 or they are forced to leave the Order. Much like Disciple in K2. If Bastila was still just an apprentice then she would have been under the age of 13.

Let's not confuse the age at which you may be accepted as a padawan with the age at which you can remain one. I'm not actually sure if Bastila even took the rank of knight, but she was certainly no master, even by her own admission. And Jolee himself says that he never attained a rank above padawan. So even if you have to be chosen as a padawan before a certain age, that says nothing about how long you can remain a padawan. How old was Obi-Wan in TPM? He was a padawan throughout the film, until Yoda made him a knight at the very end of it. As far as I can determine from Wookieepedia, Obi-Wan must have been 25 years old at the time. So even if Bastila was in her early twenties in K1 and still a padawan, that would not stretch credibility at all.

Too old to begin his training, that should have began several years before, but 10 is still an early age to be chosen by a master to become a padawan

That may be. When the masters declare that Anakin won't be trained, Qui-Gon announces that he'll take Anakin as his padawan learner. The masters object to this on the basis that Obi-Wan is already Qui-Gon's padawan and that he cannot have two. It is interesting that the age question is not raised in that regard.

Qui-Gon then says that Obi-Wan is ready for the trials, and Obi-Wan jumps at the chance. The masters respond by saying that this will all be settled later, which does not sound like a complete dismissal. I'd say the masters are wary of Anakin and his potential. They can deny him training on the basis of his age. Okay. They can deny Qui-Gon taking him as a padawan on the basis that he already has a padawan. But it could be argued that when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan agree that Obi-Wan is ready for the trials, the masters are out of excuses against Qui-Gon taking Anakin as his padawan learner.

There's also the time on Dantooine where Carth mentioned that Bastila had come out of a meeting with the Masters looking very pale--I think that's the point where she was told.

It's obvious she was told there because Carth says, "She came out looking like she say a ghost or something."

He also comments on the PC looking ill during the same conversation. I always took these comments as neither Bastila nor the PC getting a very good nights rest with visions of Star Maps in their heads.

I believe she knew from the very beginning. I have no evidence for my position, but that how I felt from the moment the revelation that the PC was in fact Revan. I did not understand how she’d know some low rating crew member other wise or why else she would have requested the PC transfer.

I believe she knew from the very beginning. I have no evidence for my position, but that how I felt from the moment the revelation that the PC was in fact Revan. I did not understand how she’d know some low rating crew member other wise or why else she would have requested the PC transfer.

I believe it said 'the Jedi ordered it', but they didn't specify Bastila. Could have been an order from the Order itself rather than Bastila specifically.

I believe it said 'the Jedi ordered it', but they didn't specify Bastila. Could have been an order from the Order itself rather than Bastila specifically.

Could be. Bastilla did mention however that she healed Revan, and this healing allowed for Bastilla and Revan to have a Force Bond, that would allow for Bastilla to figure out where the Star Forge Maps are. Bastilla also said it was her idea.

Carth "...Bastila's party was the one who request your tranfer."

PC " Why would Bastila request my transfer?"

Carth "The Jedi requested numerous things...”

Your right, but it was someone within Bastila group on the Endar Spire that request the transfer (at least according to Carth). Now I know why Carth was so upset, he wasn't invited to Bastila's party.

Archived