Home

What MMO are you playing?

Aash Li

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I have active accounts in World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons Online.

My highest WOW character is only level 34 though. I don't play that often. In DDO, I have a level 11 as well as many lower alts.

Yesterday, I picked up FFXI. It seems pretty cool so far but of course, I haven't really played that much yet.

EDIT:

Oh! I forgot to mention this wonderful piece of news. Anyone remember the Fallout games? Well- http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EEyVkuAVFpIWqMwJQR.php

World of WarCraft. I'm defrosting my account on Sunday. Yep, university and MMORPGs don't go together quite well. I'll have it to occupy me for 4 weeks until my next semester starts.

I got a 60 Human Rogue named Carthes on Steamwheedle Cartel. I'll start a druid once I get back. From what I've read, my rogue now sucks :( Broken stealth, broken vanish, lower DPS then before...It was already so fun to fight a warlock in Alterac Valley. Now it's going to be even less fun hehe.

I disliked the idea of MMO's myself but I broke down and got D&D Online, with my freinds scattered all over the place it means we can wreak havok together in a 'controlled environment' ;)

I have to say I am surprised at how good D&D Online is, as a fan of the KotOR series it wasn't too much of a stretch to pick this game up, though the controls do take some getting used to, it is quite cool.

While I do find my general hatred of the D20 system bubbling up every now and then, Weapons skills should never count as feats IMO, but that is another story, with everyone in the same boat though it makes it much easier for me to stomach, and just like KotOR did the DDO game keeps me playing.

Here's to another 'Tangleroot Gorge' run for my 4th Level Fighter toninght! (Got to get those BladeMaster Bracers) :xp:

I don't like MMORPG, too...And I even made an oath not to touch any MMORPG. But watching it is fine, but don't play it.

Luckily, I haven't broken it yet.

A lot of MMORPGs are good ones, such as Final Fantasy Online, Lingues II(Whatever it's spelled), Guild Wars, and a lot...

Never touched an MMO (maybe the reason they took out the rpg out of the mmorpg is because they finally realised there's no roleplaying in MMO's, just a thought).

I got some 2 free weeks on Dungeons and Dragons Online with my NWN2 game. Maybe I should have a look if I get bored over christmas... although I have The Godfather, Fable The Lost Chapters, Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights 2 and LucasArts Best of PC to keep me company... yeah I know, I have a lot of acquaintances who thought that I needed MORE games for christmas...

Guild Wars addict speaking :D

It doesn't need any monthly fees, and I like the whole style of it. I simply can't afford to play WoW with my low student income too. WoW looks nice though. A huge world, gigantic amount of weapons and armor. The social stress is bad though...

Guild Wars is cool too though. The style is a bit more realistic, and the overall style of gaming is a bit more...open. You can only take 8 skills with you at a time, which makes it a very tactical game. Me likes :)

To bad you can only get to level 20, a thing that can be done in a matter of days. This means that the Tactical aspect of the game is the only real challenge. And the missions of course...

I've been playing this game for...*checks X-Fire* ...665 hours now...

Idea: Why don't we post some pictures of our characters? Just to compare the different styles of the MMO's... I'll start:

My 'best' character in some Epic armor: Ztalker Anduril

ztalkerhimselfff2.jpg

@Below:

Hahahaha! That's the exact same reason why a friend of mine stopped playing. :D Being able to jump does add to that 'I'm free to do whatever I want' feeling though. And that's quit an important factor in MMO's...

By the way...cool looking hunter, man :D looks quit epic with the forest around him and all. We both are candidates for the 'Most Brutal shoulderpads' contest tgough :xp:

Guild Wars addict speaking :D

It doesn't need any monthly fees, and I like the whole style of it. I simply can't afford to play WoW with my low student income too. WoW looks nice though. A huge world, gigantic amount of weapons and armor. The social stress is bad though...

Guild Wars is cool too though. The style is a bit more realistic, and the overall style of gaming is a bit more...open. You can only take 8 skills with you at a time, which makes it a very tactical game. Me likes :)

To bad you can only get to level 20, a thing that can be done in a matter of days. This means that the Tactical aspect of the game is the only real challenge. And the missions of course...

I've been playing this game for...*checks X-Fire* ...665 hours now...

Idea: Why don't we post some pictures of our characters? Just to compare the different styles of the MMO's...

Meh :p I tried out Guild Wars but I don't see what is so good about it. I mean, you can't jump, professions are from what I've heard useless, there is no auction house and the world is full of invisible "barriers". Because you can't jump, you have to go around a hill instead of just jumping over a few rocks. *checks Xfire* 1241 total hours of WoW :xp:

Oh, and here is a somewhat old screenshot of my Troll Hunter:

LoneHunter.jpg

I played in some. Runescape, Utopia, Coke-Cola World, HabboHotel, [forgotten its name] (greatest of the bunch, they put the Roleplaying back into MMORPG. Of course, they cost too much money, money that I would rather save). Never liked them, to be quite honest. They have lots of grinding, and no real hope.

There's no way to win in these games, for crying out loud. Without victory, stats are pointless. And with victory, the game ends and nobody plays anymore. They either continue forever sending you off against dragons with higher and higher levels and lower and lower brain cell count...or just do an over-the-board reset and say, "Restart!" Gah.

Tradiational RPGs are good for me.

Never touched an MMO (maybe the reason they took out the rpg out of the mmorpg is because they finally realised there's no roleplaying in MMO's, just a thought).

I roleplay in World of WarCraft. The difference resides in the need to find people to RP with. When you find the correct people, it's much more fun than a lot of SP RPGs. That's actually the point of MMORPGs actually. Find people to RP with instead of reacting to bots.

Carthes, mounted on an epic warhorse

Carthesmounted.jpg

So far... I have a 46 almost 47 Druid, named Inana on Sentinals. Im stuck wanting to play her though for some reason... so Ive been playing a Tauren shamaness named Katari (same server). Ill post some picks in a bit. :)

There are two games I really want to try out, but they dont come out til the spring. Aion: Tower of Eternity (ncsoft, korean), and Soul of the Ultimate Nation. Both of them have very pretty graphics.

Oh, and Phoenix, where are you in that screenie? Dont think Ive ever seen that place.

Here's to another 'Tangleroot Gorge' run for my 4th Level Fighter toninght! (Got to get those BladeMaster Bracers) :xp:

The Blademaster Bracers are a DEX item, if I recall? Have you got the hand wraps from Delera's yet? They are much better for a fighter with +4 STR! My Paladin loves them.

What server do you play on? I'm on Arenal. Look me up of you want. Names (surprise) Boblion LIV. (L11 Paladin.) I also have a level 5 Sorceress, though its been quite a while since I've played her. My L4 Ranger gets action now and again though.

Archived