Home

What MMO are you playing?

Aash Li

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember, somewhere near Feralas I think. :)

Felwood. It looks like that spot where we see 3 petrified ancients in the middle of Felwood. The ground is also brown, like in Felwood, while Feralas has much more green grass.

There's no ancients in Feralas, as far as I know.

-Aash Li: You won't get there until you're at least 51+. Unless you like dying of course.

I play Guild Wars pretty extensively. It's my first real online RPG, so I've gotten quite attached to it. I tried WoW for a while, didn't like it. Too cartoony, jumping is way overrated, and of course, there's no way I'm laying down quid per month for a game.

Ztalker, it's good to see a fellow GW player here, but man alive, you had to get the ugliest Warrior armor to ever exist in the game. You look like a rejected Power Rangers monster. :p

Anyway, a few of my characters in-game:

gallery_350_7_76947.pnggallery_350_7_296072.pnggallery_350_7_173458.png

First is my Warrior, then my Ranger, then my Monk, each decked out in various prestige armor sets of their respective professions.

Felwood. It looks like that spot where we see 3 petrified ancients in the middle of Felwood. The ground is also brown, like in Felwood, while Feralas has much more green grass.

There's no ancients in Feralas, as far as I know.

-Aash Li: You won't get there until you're at least 51+. Unless you like dying of course.

Im nearly 47, I go there with friends occaisionally and farm the timbermaws.

Oh! I forgot to mention this wonderful piece of news. Anyone remember the Fallout games? Well- http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EEyVkuAVFpIWqMwJQR.php

Mega old news. Right after Caen drove Interplay into the ground then started selling off prize IPs, he announced his plans to rape Fallout for the MMO market. He then sold the core rights to Bethesda, just to prove how much he hates gamers.

I might get into LOTR Online depending on how good it is.

I haven't played any MMO's in ages. I was pretty hooked on Asheron's Call back in the day... Played the Beta, then stayed on for release as an Advocate (player-helper sorta deal) which at the time carried with it free accesss so I played as well quite a lot. Later became a Sentinel as well, which is basically a combination cop/problem solver/tech of sorts.

When the game was sold and they canned the online team from fear that the class action suits AOL staff-helpers had recently filed would hit them next, most of us drifted from the game. That's around the time I really started playing Everquest, but it got really old and annoying after a while.

Since then, I've played a couple beta MMO's just for kicks and curiosity, but I refuse to put the time and money into them again like I used to. Just too many more important things to be doing, and I've already learned first hand that 99.9% of the people playing MMO's have no clue what the "RP" stands for, and are instead only concerned with being as uber as possible as fast as possible and pissing off anyone who's actually trying to enjoy the game.

So there you have it. ;)

-Kitt

The Blademaster Bracers are a DEX item, if I recall? Have you got the hand wraps from Delera's yet? They are much better for a fighter with +4 STR! My Paladin loves them.

Well, I have found that denying your Dex with a fighter is suicidal, so the BladeMaster Bracers are essential to my builds. as the +3 dex offsets the -1 Dex of the LinenWraps, giving a total +2 bonus.

This is necissary if you want your fighter-type to at least be proficient in hitting something with a ranged weapon, also it helps in your reflex saves.

I have freinds I play with who can indeed deal a ton of damage because their strength is so high, but they fail save after save against spells because they denied their other attributes. You can't deal any damage when held/incapped. ;)

With BM Bracers and LinenWraps my fighter RedHawkeI will have a 24 STR and an 18 DEX, ample for dealing damage to either ranged or melee. With a couple of planned levels of Barbarian when I Rage my STR will go up further for boss fights. :D

What server do you play on? I'm on Arenal. Look me up of you want. Names (surprise) Boblion LIV. (L11 Paladin.) I also have a level 5 Sorceress, though its been quite a while since I've played her. My L4 Ranger gets action now and again though.

Aundair primarily, though I have a character on Argonessen, I'll have to check out Arenal... if you see a RedHawke or GreyHawke it is likely me. ;)

I have freinds I play with who can indeed deal a ton of damage because their strength is so high, but they fail save after save against spells because they denied their other attributes. You can't deal any damage when held/incapped. ;)

hehe, True. I wasn't thinking about it from that perspective. One of the joys a being a Paladin is my saves are so high anyway.

Gonna try the d&d online trial, see if I like it. :) Warcrack is on maintenance tomorrow anyway, hope D&D isnt as well. hehe

Shouldn't be. There was a planed hotfix, but it was moved back to the 20th.

Ztalker, it's good to see a fellow GW player here, but man alive, you had to get the ugliest Warrior armor to ever exist in the game. You look like a rejected Power Rangers monster.

Hey, Elite Armor is Elite armor :xp: it's far better then that stupid Prophecies 15k or Batman-like Kurzick. I actually like it...with exception of the helmet...makes me look like somekind of Persian warrior or something :D

But yeah...compared to the Nightfall Prestiege armors, it's quit...strange.

"Let my monster groooow!" :xp:

Question though...I see you got several Prestiege/Elite armors. I've been playing GW from the start, but I could only afford 1 armor. Is there something i'm missing? Some farming trics or anything?

I've been following the forums etc, but the farming runs I check only provide with me a little amount of gold. :(

@Topic:

Okay..my Warrior without the helmet, and my Assassin...(not equiped with prestiege armor, deliberately)

promotionalpicqo4.jpg

Damn you RedHawke... I gave DDO a try with my trial and have now found out that I'm hooked >.<

So much for hating MMO's.. DDO was (is) extremely fun, of course learning the controls was hilarious.. as are watching everyone else :xp: Everyone's a swinging & jumping crazy.. hehehe

Didn't take long to get in the swing of things, and hooked up with a few other players who actually wanted to RP rather than 'pwn' :D

Started out as a rogue (aka trap-monkey) and having a blast. Tumbling has so much more dimension now... something I had always pictured but no other game has implemented.. me likey.

PaahKetgz DhartDajur, Lvl 2

Question though...I see you got several Prestiege/Elite armors. I've been playing GW from the start, but I could only afford 1 armor. Is there something i'm missing? Some farming trics or anything?

I've been following the forums etc, but the farming runs I check only provide with me a little amount of gold. :(

I too would like to know that trick. I never could get enough platinum to buy much of anything.. and Im definitely not buying from a 'gold farmer'

Wow, it's taken me a long time to post this, but I also used to play Galaxies. I loved that game. Stupid Sony with their combat upgrade and NGE.

Same here, I played SWG from beta 3 up to and into the CU. Did all kinds of stuff, jedi knight etc and it still had me coming back for more. I played off and on in the CU..it was ok. Then the stupid NGE came out...I quit the game. During that time, I played CoH/CoV - I recently quit that. Now I'm back playing galaxies again on several different free 3 week trials they have offered. During my absense, no new expansions or real content [some new pvp zones have been added >.>] and it took them a year to get all the professions their "expertise system" a la WoW.

Coming back, the game has been fun again intially, but I won't be sticking around for too much longer. Which is a good thing anyways, I don't need to be playing MMO's heh. So i'll be sitting back and waiting for Kotor 3 to come out. :) It might be time to re-install Jedi Academy lol

So I played DD Online for a bit... the default key configs are screwy. Good thing you can remap them. I like the graphics, not spectacular, but way better than WoW I think. Monsters dont seem to drop loot... so am I supposed to just get money and stuff from quests? I also dont like that I cant sit on chairs, and that I cant turn my chara around so I can see her face. Oh and leveling seems to take forever...

Im on Aurenal (sp), Kanako Windwalker, elf sorceress. ^_^

To anyone who plays Guild Wars:

I'm so confused. It seems like there's five or six different expansions for Guild Wars. Are they all just add-ons to the main game, or are they separate games? And which one(s) are most people playing right now?

I need a good MMO to play with my friends, but I don't like the monthly fee so much.

I make most of my money off of 55 monk farming in the Crystal Desert. An hour of farming will usually net me around 10-12 plat, so that keeps my bank pretty well-stocked. I'll also bring a few keys around when I'm adventuring in hopes of finding something nice out of a chest. Most of the time it's not so good, but occasionally, I'll get something really cool and sell it off for lots of plat.

As for my armor, it's really the only thing I spend my money on in the game, since I'm pretty content with using the max stats collectors' weapons. It also helps to have a great guild that provides you with crafting materials when you need it. :)

To anyone who plays Guild Wars:

I'm so confused. It seems like there's five or six different expansions for Guild Wars. Are they all just add-ons to the main game, or are they separate games? And which one(s) are most people playing right now?

They are separate games in and of themselves. The three out right now are Guild Wars: Prophecies (the original), Guild Wars: Factions and Guild Wars: Nightfall. Nightfall is the latest chapter and what most people seem to be playing nowadays. You're not required to have the other two, but if you do, you can link the games together and have your characters from one campaign participate in the storylines of the other games.

I started playing WoW over Summer Break and I made a bunch of characters trying to find out which I found the most fun. I've played almost every class (and yes, I was a Legolas, but that's behind me) and my highest was a 39 rogue named Alastan on Thunderlord, but my brother and I re-rolled on Staghelm to be with some friends a short while ago, so I'm only a level 10 tauren druid named Myttyns. The only thing I don't like is the fact Staghelm is a PvE sever. :(

I roleplay in World of WarCraft.

I don't think pretending to be a girl in real life to get free items counts as roleplaying. :p

From what I've read, my rogue now sucks :( Broken stealth, broken vanish, lower DPS then before...

That's just people complaining. The vanish thing only happens when you're fighting hunters, warlocks, and shammies and they have to order their pet to attack you, and I don't remember anything about stealth issues.

Damn you RedHawke... I gave DDO a try with my trial and have now found out that I'm hooked >.<

[Mr. Burns] Excellent! [/Mr. Burns] :xp:

So much for hating MMO's.. DDO was (is) extremely fun, of course learning the controls was hilarious.. as are watching everyone else Everyone's a swinging & jumping crazy.. hehehe

Didn't take long to get in the swing of things, and hooked up with a few other players who actually wanted to RP rather than 'pwn'

Yup, I play with some of my RL freinds when I can but I also play with some other 'regulars' on my primary server and it gets pretty cool. We do quests way over our level with only 3-4 characters. It's a blast. :D

Started out as a rogue (aka trap-monkey) and having a blast. Tumbling has so much more dimension now... something I had always pictured but no other game has implemented.. me likey.

PaahKetgz DhartDajur, Lvl 2

Yup, it is cool, though I started with a Cleric (Everyone loves Clerics! Though a hint for everyone: If playing a Cleric do not be afraid to ask for donations or wands as it is not your responsibility to purchase all of them, and with many of the good players you won't even have to ask, they'll just do it out of habit. This is the only way to keep some money as a Cleric as wands are expensive. ;) )

I just started messing with a Rogue myself... ol' GreyHawkeI Stray Hand... she comes from a long line of Stray Hands. ;)

But I have a Paladin that uses Tumble quite a bit, my Fighter too.

I play primarily on the Aundair Server, so if you create a 'toon' on that one and see a RedHawke or GreyHawke running around the odds are it is me. :D

Monsters dont seem to drop loot... so am I supposed to just get money and stuff from quests?

Monsters only have collectables on them, sometimes, that you can turn in to collecters for items. Some collectabes are really useless as they don't return really good items, others are darn handy. The chests that appear are the monsters 'treasure'.

You can get money from chests and breakables, and by selling the stuff you pick up and get from chests. I am a 'classic' delver I try to break everything and pick up everything that isn't nailed down. :D

I also dont like that I cant sit on chairs, and that I cant turn my chara around so I can see her face. Oh and leveling seems to take forever...

You can indeed see the front of your character just press the mouse wheel or center mouse button and the camera should rotate, or is it the left mouse button? Hmm... one of them will do it. ;)

I actually play with mouse look on it gives me more control.

The levelling system is a little slow, unless you are pushing the 'envalope', if you find you aren't gettin 'ranks' fast enough, then playing quests at higher difficulties will result in more XP. Besides you need to play most all the quests on 'Elite' difficulty anyway. ;)

Archived