Home

What MMO are you playing?

Aash Li

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess DD Online doesnt want me to play their game, Ive gotten nothing but errors. Ive tried reinstalling it three times now! Ive tried installing their out-of-date .net framework separately, and even downloaded some files from their site and stuck them in the folder...

I cant even get past that launcher screen to start downloading the patch data... this really isnt worth the trouble for a free trial. >_<

Well, I guess DD Online doesnt want me to play their game, Ive gotten nothing but errors. Ive tried reinstalling it three times now! Ive tried installing their out-of-date .net framework separately, and even downloaded some files from their site and stuck them in the folder...

I cant even get past that launcher screen to start downloading the patch data... this really isnt worth the trouble for a free trial. >_<

Were you trying to get on this morning... say from 7 AM EST to 2 PM EST? Because this morning/early afternoon, all worlds were offline for a Hotfix... they do that occasionally.

If you can't login be sure to check the DDO main web page and or the DDO forums to see if they are applying a hotfix. ;)

omg, doesnt anybody play Eve Online?! arguably the best mmo out there! its true!

I tried out the EVE:Online 14-day trial. I found the game to be a wee-bit complex and not really made for the "average" MMO player since EVE is pretty unique and hard to learn at first.

I really liked the graphics though and It's always cool to fly around in space ;) even though you can't have a Millenium Falcon. :p

Currently I'm playing Guild Wars, and World of Warcraft, but not the latter very much because I'm trying to avoid becoming addicted. I actually have enjoyed Guild Wars for the past 18 months. Here's a picture of my Warrior in his sexy Kurzick armour:

gw017-1.jpg

and here's a picture of my Necromancer in her sexy Shing Jea Armour:

gw019.jpg

I've been playing World of Warcraft since the game went live. A little less now that I have a kid, but I have a lvl 60 Night Elf Druid and a host of lower level characters on Hellscream server. I also play Battlefield 2142 online. I tried SWG back when it came out and I had trouble getting into it, and I've heard from too many people that were playing before SOE changed the game mechanics that the game sucks now so probably won't go back to it. I'm very much looking forward to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and may give that a try when it comes out. Also on the distant horizon is Star Trek Online which I'm very interested in.

I've tried a few MMOs, and the only one I found to be "worthy" of my money is World of WarCraft. Had some fun with Guild Wars back in summer 2005, but the lack of any kind of PvE content turned me down after 3 months.

Aravius (human mage) on Cenarion Circle

Mordeclah (undead warlock) on Steamweedle Cartel

Both RP realms, of course, to avoid those jerks that lurk around on the regular servers.

@ Aash Li : I *almost* bought galaxies for the sake of trying a SW MMO. The fact that the trial downloaded from their own site was broken (missing files that caused crashes) turned me down.

Mordeclah (undead warlock) on Steamweedle Cartel

Both RP realms, of course, to avoid those jerks that lurk around on the regular servers.

Heh, until the PvP servers are down and we get flooded with evil incarnate...

It's cool that you're on the same server as me :) At least for the Horde. Maybe I'll have to kill you someday.

@ Luke : Mmm... I love all those level 1 gnomes named myserverisdown212lol2

I'll be sure to drop a few curses on every human rogue I see in the battlegrounds. And if he's named Carthes, I'll even throw in a corruption :) Still, I would probably end up dead because the sole purpose of this character is to grind cash and mats for the incoming blood elf :D Me no care about his equipment.

@ Count : My cousin played Eve a bit and showed me. I must say that those 30 mins trips with an additional 30 mins of docking is a bit too extreme for me.

Yeah I tried Eve so far... its ok. Its different. The chargen is neat. I seem to have a thing for messing around with chargen. Even when I get horribly bored with the game itself, I still end up having fun making charas. lol

The graphics in Eve look nice, its definitely Homeworld 2 put into an MMO setting. The people themselves could use a graphics update though. And yes, the tutorial is LONG but its atleast interesting.

Warcrack is boring the crap out of me too much right now... I think Im gonna log on to get my presents on Christmas and then put the game down for a winters nap. Maybe when the xpack comes out, and I can play a cute Draenie I wont be bored.

Flyff... hahahahahaha!

haha

hah...

haaa...

yeah, Flyff was fun-ish, until you reached like level 45 or so... and then the grind wears your soul down to a whimpering pathetic little being begging for mercy. The quests are horrid, the drop rates for some of higher level quest items make Warcrack's look common. The player-run shops are ridiculously over priced. The grind to level past level 60 makes the grind from 1 to 60 seem like fun. You think your soul is begging for mercy on the way to 60? Try leveling to 100. Its enough to make anyone emo.

So what made Flyff fun-ish? Well, theres the flying.. I loved the flying part. And there was aeriel combat which was pretty fun too. Dress up... even if 90% of the clothes you got from monsters were for guys or the other classes, it was still fun to get new sets and dress up. The cash-shop sets were also lots of fun. I had a few friends I could get sets from to wear. :) You could change your hairstyle and your hair colour too.

Oh, and dont get me started on gpotato's pathetic attempts at "events"...

Well Im not trying to make you quit, even if thats what it sounded like... if YOU are loving the game, and having a blast, by all means keep playing! Have at it!

But youll eventually get bored with it I think...

Oh, and dont expect them to implement stuff very quickly, or fix bugs... they still havent added some stuff that was promised over a year ago, and theres still bugs that were there when I was playing Im sure. And their shoe-horned-in version of Game Gaurd might make your PC unstable...

• 3 months later...

I used to play Galaxies, and as you can see from my signature, I'm going to pick it up again soon. Also theres a free Pre-NGE version at http://www.swgemu.com. Its free to register. They recently canceled their stress test because some things went wrong. The front page is up. Note: SWGEmu is still under construction but you can join FUTURE servers. I also play WoW every now and then. I don't get paid a big enough allowance a month so I can't pay and I need my mom to change her credit card number because the one she has listed is out of date. Other than that I used to play the MxO (Matrix Online). I'll probably pick that back up to.

i quit...i was playing SWG for the longest time too, but it just sucked after commando and spy and medic got their expertise and basically made bh a crap profession...and that's not all, the rank system is what really did my profession in. sucks. but i'm over it, glad to not be bothered by it anymore and i have been playing other games. i tried out LOTR online on the closed beta, that was ok aside from it feeling too much like what i just quit, so i deleted both games. galaxies i don't think i'll ever return to, due to the fact that majority of people playing it now as opposed to 2 years ago, are pretty immature when it comes to pvp....constant OOC and exploiting. o well!

I might try out archlord, one of my friends i met on galaxies plays that.

i quit...i was playing SWG for the longest time too, but it just sucked after commando and spy and medic got their expertise and basically made bh a crap profession...and that's not all, the rank system is what really did my profession in. sucks. but i'm over it, glad to not be bothered by it anymore and i have been playing other games. i tried out LOTR online on the closed beta, that was ok aside from it feeling too much like what i just quit, so i deleted both games. galaxies i don't think i'll ever return to, due to the fact that majority of people playing it now as opposed to 2 years ago, are pretty immature when it comes to pvp....constant OOC and exploiting. o well!

I might try out archlord, one of my friends i met on galaxies plays that.

Don't forget to check out SWGEmu. Its free, and its GOING TO BE Pre-NGE. But don't forget that its still under construction. Also people are thinking (and posting) about new ideas for the game. Such as how to implement the screenshots into the actual game.

I used to play Galaxies, and as you can see from my signature, I'm going to pick it up again soon. Also theres a free Pre-NGE version. Other than that I used to play the MxO (Matrix Online).

I hope the SWGEmu will work out, SOE didn't half wreck a game full of potential with the CU and NGE patches - the worst part was taking out something like 27 different career paths in the game to only leave 9 - a stupid decision if you ask me! What's The Matrix Online like? It's supposed to be quite good - but is it?

What's The Matrix Online like? It's supposed to be quite good - but is it?

I just quit due to financial reasons, but yes, MxO (Matrix Online) has had a massive rehaul since it was bought by SOE. Unlike most other MMOs I've played, its player RP community is incredible, since mostly everyone is up for it. Solo RPing is relatively addictive too.

About 95% of all bugs that were there at release were fixed, so those crappy reviews at Gamespot and IGN, amongst other sites, are invalid.

Flexibility is great. You can jump, you can flip, you can hyper-jump, that is, hop from building to building, or over the building if you so care. Upload Kung Fu if you're going to the dojo, or dual handguns if PvPing, etc etc etc.

I really hope I can get back into it over the summer when I can get my finances under control again. :(

Oh, and sorry for the thread bump, I just couldn't let this go unanswered.

Archived