Home

Expansion Ideas

lordzack

I think Petroglyph should avoid the Nagai/Tof War, but I might like to see the Battles of Kashyyyk and Kessel from Galactic Battlegrounds. Maybe Kyle Katarn could have a role in the campaign as Jedi Knight happens at this time as well. I'd like to see the Thrawn Campaign and Dark Empire be in it too.

I think the Imperial Remnants will be a neutral faction like the pirates. I'd like to see the pirates and random events return. As Rogue Squadron will likely have a large role in the campaign, I'd like to see them beefed up. The events of Courtship of Princess Leia will probably have some role, but what I'm not sure.

The Thrawn campaign would be fun from the Imperial POV. Doubt Lucasarts would do it though, when they do something its always an original story unless its events that are directly associated with the movies.

Clone wars would be awesome. But also jsut a continuation of what happens after battle of Yavin from the POV of the Imperials and Rebels would be fun. Leading up to the Battle of Endor, covering battle of Hoth, and some other stuff.

Well it's one thing to make an expansion, it's another to make a new game with all new storylines. And that's what an expansion like that would become: and all new game.

See the thing is you have to keep most of the original units (if not all), which means it's still rebels vs empire at heart. You have to remember that strange things will happen, like obi wan still running around, yoda still kicking butt, death stars running amok blowing up planets etc.

I don't think the next expansion has to be complicated enough to contain a totally new storyline. I think it needs new units, like Lando Calrissian and Princess Leia, of course new space units, and a campaign that won't contradict any previous storylines.

I'm wondering, after finishing the FOC campaign, if we will be getting a new faction, or if we will just be getting more units for the existing factions? You know the storyline will have something to do with Silri finding those frozen warriors. But will they be part of the empire? Or a new faction? Personally I don't want to see 4 factions since the newest one is guaranteed to be so overpowered and so out of place within Star Wars (like I think the ZC units are) that I won't want to play it.

Well I think ZC would be canon... or at least in some ways for the campaign

Well, the idea may not be as weird if the legacy of ZC is the indirect link of a future Sith Lord, passed down from an ancient sith lord...

While it may be a bit too far fatched, but there is the slim chance that things are all connected.

kotor3 => ?? => FoC => ?? => Darth Krayt

So far the timeline is still right.

If anything this would open up more things to be played with in the future "Dark Times" era tv series.

I think that the new side (if there is gonna be one) will be like the army of the sith (in the day's of the old republic they had an army with soldiers and stuff. not just sith lords). I think this because the key to those frozen warriors is a sith artifact. And the warriors are found on Korriban (ancient Sith graveyards all over the planet)

Havent played to the end yet. So they are purebred sith?

It really doesnt fit into anything that is already continuous now that Legacy of the Force and the uh new thing 130 years later with Cade skywalker is established - there was no Sith army there under Darth Krayt, they used storm troopers.

As far as starwars is concerned right now Silri never came to power with her Sith army.

One would think there is going to be an expansion based on how FoC finished but as expressed above what is to become of the Empire and how are they going to be included in a campaign if at all? While it does not necessarily have to translate into the game, the Empire diminishes alot very rapidly and could be considered a minor faction. So will the bad guys now be a resurrected sith faction with all new (and even more unbalanced) ships, vehicles and units? There would not be much in the expansion otherwise if it didnt but it will feel so far removed from Star Wars as we know it. And since Palpatine possessed the artifact and was a Sith himself then I dont understand why he would not have made use of his brethren in stasis. That whole point seems quite ridiculous though I guess someone will reply saying the old Sith Lords were way more powerful than Palpatine and he feared they would overthrow him but thats all EU s&$t is about, making things bigger and better and I couldnt care less about EU....you cant say Palpatine, as powerful as he was, and a true sith lord, couldnt control this sith army, yet silri can? yeah right....Im actually keen to seen the next expansion to see what a bastardisation of SW it is going to be.

I think the best idea for an expansion would be to keep the story elements that have so far been developed, but make the campaign much more interactive, engaging, and involve the player in much more character development, while allowing us to continue the Star Wars story approximately as we know it.

For example, I think it would be awesome to see an expansion that starts the player as an Imperial officer in the post-Hoth time period. After some standard anti-Rebel and anti-corrupt missions, the player could become involved in the Zann Consortium (either as a victim--for instance, through a bribe to the player or as a result of some extortion--or willingly). There, the player works to extend Zann's influence during the time that Tyber Zann himself is off chasing the Eclipse. When Silri gets ahold of her whatever-they-ares in the Emperor's vault after the Battle of Endor, the Consortium could dissolve into infighting, splitting into at least two factions (Silri vs Zann), or possibly three (Silri vs Zann vs player). In the process of defeating your rivals within the criminal underworld, the player would then reach some sort of decision (or, possibly, be forced) to join forces with the Rebellion and the final stages of the campaign would be a very open-ended exercise in sweeping away the last remnants of both Zann's Consortium and Imperial forces with Rebel troops. Throughout the whole thing, I'd love to see how players approach campaign objectives--which planets they take in which order, for example--affect what happens to them next.

That would be my idea of a good time, anyways. If I can tear myself away from Supreme Commander and Spore.

Archived