Home

The Land That Once Was Paradise

This is my attemt to revive the board. we are waiting for JasraLantill to take over some of WJ's characters in Dark Age, so until then, let's concentrate on this then. Alright? Alright!

------

Welcome to the world of Azariath, to the continent of Belegost and the Kingdom of Haldirion. The King has died in this Kingdom and has no son, so the legislature is trying to find the follower. Currently the land is in turmoil as the counts and lords run free, terrorizing the peasants. In addition, two neighbouring Kingdoms have declared war in their powerhungry madness and the bandits and archaic tribes of orcs, goblins, barbarians and other menaces are becoming a problem. So, a small group of strange warriors have been given charge of the armies of Haldirion for now to counter these problems. You may be one of these warriors, a wanderer passing by, guardian of something or an enemy. But whoever you are, have thy sword at thy side.

------

I know this is one of those RPs that would have WJ jumping, but we'll have to do without him this time. Let's try and make it throught at least a week with this :p

A lone man sit next to a small fire , his dark fur-edged cape wrapped aorund himself and a hood covering his head from the sharp early morning wind. His face was to the wind and he observed the movements of the natural movement of air constantly, moving around the fire if the wind changed direction so his back stayed blowed upon. There was a horse lying near the fire with much of the man's equipment there. He had just actually left a town a few rolls of a hill back down the road and had camped next to a forest called the Losarion. A beautiful name for a chaotic place. The villagers hate it but are too afraid to cut it down, the travellers get chills every time they go by. Those who have gone in have come out as a totally different man. Those who have not changed do not speak of their travels inside the forest. But this man was different. His eyes gleamed in the fire as he watched into the burning wood coldly, his weapons were on the other side of the fire and he didn't even seem to notice if a wild dog walked by and growled at the hunched figure. Nothing seemed to matter to him even if he was next to one of the feared forests of the continent.

The man stood up slowly and yawned like he had just woken up, rubbed his eyes and removed the hood. After getting his weapons back on his belt and back, he took a shovel and turned the ground around the fire and buried the campfire completely. The man removed the cape and hood, throwing them on the horse while getting a cloth and hoisting up the quipment and bags ontop of it and the horse. He wore a simple vlothing with some leather armor and cuffs for protection. The old coat of arms of the kingom was on his shirt, as a new coat of arms was taken when the royal family last changed a thousand years ago.

A fully robed man rode his horse at a walking pace past Losarion. His robes were thick, heavy and were a dark brown. His horse just had a simple saddle on it with two small packs on either side. He wore no crest, symbol or colour to show whom he represented. There were unnatural bulges under his robes and large bottom heavy sack on his back.

((Hey, uh. Can I be a dark elf? Don't worry Tepe, I am not going to do Drizzt. Totally different dude.))

The dark elf opened his eyes. To any passer by, he would seem like another shadow in a realm of darkness, but those who would be so foolish, would be dead. He gazed upon the fire, his eyes firy(ey?) red with heat vision. He had been watching the man by the fire for many days.

He immediately became alert as the sound of hooves reached his sensitive ears. He he reacted with the speed endowed to trained elves, and started levitating with his inate magical abilities to the closest branch on the nearest tree, waiting for the man and the hooves.

((If this is unacceptable, then please tell me. Don't go ape nuts on me please. You mentioned orcs, so I must assume that this is a fantasy realm where elves and the like abide. Good hunting.))

While everything was all and quiet amongst the three, another man was having quite a different problem.

Within the forest, this man, named Quentin, found himself hanging upside down from a tree. He was donned in what looked to be leather armor, covered in a black cloak, which was hanging towards the ground due to his position. He hung there with his eyes closed. If he so much as moved, another trap would trigger that would certainly mean his end. He opened one eye and looked around, and could see the dim firelight in the distance. "No, I won't involve whoever they are," he thought to himself rejectedly.

He had been stuck there for quite some time, and figured if nothing had come for him yet, it wasn't going to until much later. With great dexterity, he lifted himself up, and using a sharp blade he had tucked up under his sleeve, easily cut the rope holding his feet. As he fell, he flipped over to land on his feet. Just as he did, a rope was pulled that moved a layer of leaves and vegetation to reveal poison-tipped sharp edges jutting up from a small hole in the ground. Quentin outstretched his legs and caught himself on the edge of the hole, then flipped backward away from it to land safely on two feet.

Just as he did, what looked to be orc hunters leapt from the bushes at Quentin. As they leapt, Two blades launched out from the man's sleeves, impaling the first two. Two more lept out. Quentin grabbed the hilts of the blades sticking out from his sleeves and parried both their attacks, then drove his blade through both of them. The sounds of fighting could be heard from the small camp and any other passerbys. The four orcs lay dead, and the blades retracted back up Quentin's sleeves. He pulled his cloak securely around him, and raised his hood, turning now to the fire, wondering if anyone heard the commotion.

The man stepped inside the shadows of the forest that had again fallen silent after a small fight had broken out. The head of the man looked up and a huff was heard in the silence as his nose twitched, smelling. He knelt down and touched the ground, picking up a leaf and smelling it also. A smile appeared unseen by others in the forest as the man stood up. He took his bow on his back and made sure the small dagger on his left side, opposite to the sword, was ready and loose enought. Something had just went past the path. He didn't know who or what, but it was still too cose for comfort.

As he reached the more inner forest, a clearing appeared and a man stood there with bodies around him. He walked with the horse throught the clearing, but stopped next to a lifeless orc and kicked it around and on it's back before kneeling down and examining it. An annoyed grunt left his lips as he stood up and kicked the head so only a crush was heard. He then looked at Quentin.

"Damn things using my traps again as bait. I'm hunting them and they use the traps on travellers. And the many times I've slain their hunting parties. Rather pitiful, isn't it" he said before stepping over the body and examining some of the traps. He would have to fix them before the sun started to go down or something might happen that should not. The man looked at Quentin again afterwards and gave a sort of a smile at him.

"Kalidin, Guardian of Losarion since the days of the Royal Family before this one that has fallen. I am also the spokesman of the forest-dwellers, including fairies, elves, animals and guests. What brings you here?" he asked and looked at the man curiously while the leaves of a tree shuttered slightly somewhere. The long ears of the elf twitched as he heard it, yet he did not look at the direction. The man knew that whatever was following him was getting nearer. If the follower wanted to show himself, he would get to do so sooner or later, but by force if he was to threaten the hidden dwellers of the forest

Tiberius whipped his head around in the direction of the forest, as eh heard the commotion. He rode at a quick jaunt into the forest and arrived in a small clearing where two men were conversing. He noticed the 4 dead orcs. Tiberius hopped off his horse and approached them.

"Bloody Orcs."

A knight fully covered with mitril plating that glowed a brilliant bluish color, in the morning sunbreak. His horse clamping its hooves against the paved road, as he made his way to the town. He carried his Mitril tower shield strung over his back along with his Elven scimitar. The man reached the peak of the hill, revealing the town gates of Haldirion. He approached the gate, "Welcome, Traveler."

"I have been gone quite some time. Do you not remeber me?"

"No, young knight. I don't."

"My name is Tekla."

"I don't remember that name. I'm sorry but I can't allow you in until someone knows you in the town, otherwise your a threat to the citizens."

Tekla grunted at the guard. Nobody probably has even heard of me. he thought, as he turned his horse around and started down the road.

He made his way toward the Forest of Losarion, which is right next to where he lived. He thought much of this forest because every night something was happeneing in it, and he dared not go into it during the night.

The elf sprung from his spot in the trees and landed gracefully next to Kalidin.

"Kalidin, pleasure to see you again." the elf said, his hands laying casually on his sword hilts.

He eyed the other two men and raised an eyebrow.

"Making new friends, are we Kal?" the elf said with a chuckle.

Quentin looked Kalidin up and down, as if examining him or sizing him up at first, before nodding and shaking the man's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir. I am Quentin, son of Victor, a noble of the Nevarian region. I do not bear any coat of arms as I am, as of late, a mercenary and contract hitman, though I am not a warrior without honor," he introduced.

"These..." he paused, answering his next question, "...were my targets. These orcs are part of a specific clan that dwells nearby." He paused again to indicate the clan insignias on their armor. "They have been causing quite a hassle to a client, and he asked me to deal with them accordingly," he explained.

His ear twitched as the elf, to everyone else, silently dropped from his place. Quentin's arm jerked up and the blade extracted again from his sleeve, his hand firmly gripping the hilt as it shot up. The blade sat right next to Kalidin, pointed at the elf. Upon hearing him speak towards Kalidin, the blade retracted.

"Sorry. I don't react well to surprises," Quentin apologized, nodding lightly at the elf.

Tiberius found himself feeling a bit awkward decided to introduce himself.

"My name is Tiberius, Son of Literius, a....resident of the Town of Loth 'Iteal. I decided to travel around for a bit, thats how I found this place." Tiberius said with an extended hand to anyone who will take it.

((The rules around here are pretty much the same every time, so we kinda dropped them a long while ago. I think last year I introduced the whole no-character sheet thing to the board and it's become quite popular too. Just start roleplaying, give some info of your character in the posts introducing it slowly and if you do something that's against the unwritten rules, you'll hear about it))

((Guess I'll give it a try then...))

Beyond the light of the fire, just into the shadows, a darker shadow lurked. Silent, motionless, and watchful, the young human woman was not dressed by the standards of women of her time. Rather, she equipped herself as a wanderer, near-black hair tied back in a tight braid, reaching to the middle of her back, and lightweight black leather armor covering her. Despite the fact you might think leather would be noisy, she moved with a grace and ease that made her almost as silent as an elf.

Indeed, young Tania, daughter of Garon and Mercy had been raised by elves after the deaths of her parents. Her weapons were an elvish bow with matching arrows bound to her back, a sleek elvish sword strapped to her right side, and twin elvish knives at her thighs.

After a moment of listening attentively from the shadows, Tania slipped forward into the light, revealing herself, icy blue eyes glittering, hands ready at her weapons in case this group should turn out to be threatening.

"Such gathering," she murmured, barely audible to all who stood there before her. "Naught a thing as this has been seen in these parts for as many years as I am aware. What business have you? Introductions? If it be so, I am Tania, daughter of Wanderers, raised by Elves, a Wandering Warrior by my own right."

"More people in my forest! What is this? This is supposed to be the secure forest for those who want no contact with the outside. I leave my duties for a day and this place is crawling with people like the underside of a stone crawls with bugs" the elf cried out and looked around. He walked to his horse and took a horn from the bags, blowing a low tone on it that created a huge fuss within the trees. The leaves and branches shook violently before two trees right next to the clearing rose up and let out a low shout that ordered the trees to move. It did not take long for the people to find themselves outside the forest without even moving a muscle. Kalidin strapped the horn back onto the horse and looked once again at the crowd.

"Leave the forest alone. This is your one and only warning or you will be punished by the forest itself in a way I do not wish for anyone to be punished, even those who have killed"

"Forgive me, Master Elf," Tania said calmly, "but I have not intruded where unwelcome. I have lived in the forest for nearly ten years without trouble. Nevertheless, if you desire your peace, I shall depart."

Turning her back to the group, she set out along the border of the forest, looking in occasionally, as if searching for someone she knew would not be there.

"Tsk, tsk," Falkor said, leaning back against a tree. "So typical of you, Kalidin. Scaring away the new people," he remarked looking back at Tania, "I guess I can't blame you though. In all my time here in the forest, I have never heard of elves raising a human. Hard to believe actualy."

"Believable or not, it is truth," Tania said calmly, turning again to face the group after hearing Falkor's skepticism. "My parents were killed, fighting alongside Elves to defend this very forest. I have many Elvish friends." Her cool blue eyes fell on Kaildin. "Are you familiar with Kailos the Tree-dweller?"

Tekla trotted along next to the forest, when he heard a low tone that came from within the forest. Just then he heard something scream but not anything like a human or elf but something else. His horse let out a scream, with Tekla tumbling off the back the horse galloped off, with his stuff still strapped to it. "Damn it." he mumbled to himself, when suddenly out of nowhere the trees started moving opposite of him.He stood there starring at the forest not knowing what to beleive, when he spotted a group of people standing on the edge of the tree line, talking.

He took a few steps toward them, "Uhh.....What just....just... happened here?", everyone stopped talking amidst each other and stared at him.

"I am familiar with everyone in this forest. How unfortunate to you that this forest has never been in serious danger and there has never been a human living here. Well, except for Boramid the Hermit who lives with the bears more to the mountains than the forest anymore" Kalidin said and hopped on his horse before glancing at the Dark Elf.

"And I thought I told you to stay away from the forest after you almost managed to get a war going between your people and the Fairy people. You're lucky I managed to speak with the Fairy king to let you go so the forest would stay unharmed" the man said and let out a grunt. His eyes travelled between the other people for a while before the elf turned to Tiberius.

"The legends travel far yet there are still those who push their luck. Some people should stay away from those forests that can travel while some should get acwuainted with just those forests. I wonder which one are you of these two groups" his voice mumbled at him before the elf was to glance at the group more widely

Archived