Home

Is Fahrenheit any good?

Lucy:)

I was just wondering what people thought about Fahrenheit. When I looked up the review it came up about 90 per cent, which is great, and the demo was pretty good as well. But after watching a few trailers it seemed quite complicated (and a little freaky, but that's not really an issue). Since I'm getting it for Christmas, can anyone tell me the basic plot and their rating of Fahrenheit?

I would recommend Fahrenheit. It felt like watching a good movie, but that you could make the choices and outcome of every little detail in the story. It really reached a new level of interactivity if you ask me. The game has it weak points concering the story. The story loses a lot of interest close to the ending, but the game is definitly worth buying anyway.

Hm, I feel like installing it now. Come to think of it I really loved that game.

As I said, definitly worth buying! :)

Although a bit too much of the game doesn't require any actual skill nor much thought, it is overall a game I'd easily recommend playing as the atmosphere it builds up and general flow of the game is really nice; the storyline is also largely good to follow, although it does tragically start to fall apart towards the end and become a little crazy.

Regardless of its negative points though, if you enjoy adventure games and/or appreciate good atmosphere and presentation, you're very likely to have a good experience with Fahrenheit. :)

Thanks guys

Now I have the game now I'm really really stuck and its making me so angry! I've done it a thousand times but I just can't get past it. It's the scene where Lucas arrives at his apartement, answers the phone and the doors fly open and all of this wind picks up his stuff and hurls it at him, and you have to hit all of the action keys to help him avoid it. I can get as far as the kitchen things but it seems impossible because I keep going wrong somehow! I'm using the default controls that you begin with at the start of the game, and I've tried using other controls but it doesn't work as well for me. I've spent hours over it and it really does seem impossible!!!

Can anyone help with any tips before I rip all of my hair out?

• 1 month later...

man, I just did that scene last Saturday, and boy was it a pain, switching from the button taping to the simon says circles.

First off, don't switch your control set up. A lot of learning how to play is usually getting used to your control set up, so pick ONE that you like, and go with it. Personally I had problems switching my right hand from the arrow key button mashing to the # key pad, especially in putting my finger on 6.

Now is it the button mashing you're having a problem with or the circles? If the circles the only thing I can suggest is practice, but for the button mashing, try using both your hands to tap each button. I used to play the violin and liked to trill, so it's not to hard for me to do it with one hand, but it's just something you have to paractice.

by the way, I just realized the white dots that pop up in the top right of your screen when the circles come up represents the number of lives you have, or the number of times you can screw up on the simon says game. In some places you can find a cross, which grants you one extra of these white dots, so take them when you have the chance (like when Marcus offers you a cross).

One of the reasons why you might be having trouble is because you only have one life while in simon says combat, which means you can either deal with your one life and play on (like what I'm trying to do) or you can go back a couple of levels and try to do better on those simon says games so you don't lose any lives.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved this game so much I finished it the day I bought it, I had it on XBox so didn't really have any control issues.

The plot seemed to jump at one point though and there were alot of questions left unanswered (I forgot what, its about 8 months since I completed it now) but I looked around the net and discovered they'd cut a huge chunk out of the middle of the game...

Still, I found it quite enjoyable and was my first full experience of an Adventure game ,I'd previously tried playing Discworld 2 but didn't get on with it but that was when it first came out on PS1 and I'd played a demo of Grim Fandango when it originally came out but didnt get round to buying a copy until last year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived