Home

End-of-the-Year Update

Fracman

Season's Greetings and Merry Christmas!!!

Unfortunately I don't have any access to the mod's website,

so I cannot post any news there, nor fix anything broken,

even if i'd know how to do so.

And the team server was broken a while,

but it has been restored again,

which means we can continue finally.

But please don't expect miracles or anything extraordinary.

Not much has been done since the last news and screenshot updates.

Well, I have to get surprised myself ;-)

In the meantime, take those few free days to calm down,

replenish your forces and enjoy all the good things that are available,

not only computer games :p

See you next year, perhaps...

But please don't expect miracles or anything extraordinary.

Not much has been done since the last news and screenshot updates.

No worries :) Excellence can't be rushed.

I'm looking forward to whatever the team can put out, as and when they can do it. And I've got enough stalled vid-editing projects on the go to know that LIFE tends to get in the way of mere digital-plans :p

Keep up the good work!

B.

Merry Christmas everybody! (Okay, I'm a little late on that one...)

It's great to hear that this mod's still going. I'll second what the people above said about that.

For you guys having access to the website, is there someone to contact or something, or is it pretty much hopeless? It looks like the main JediKnight.net site is pretty much dead. In any case, I can help with the website if you ever need it.

I thought I'd chime in since detention center is the last level that needs to get finished for the demo and that's the one I'm working on.

There's been quite a bit of progress on my end. Salv has done a wonderful job building the terrain for me and though I'm going to make some edits of my own to his work, it's already quite impressive. I'm a few days away from merging it into my current build of the map which is a whole two levels ahead of where it was when the screenshots were added and progressing a little more every day. It shouldn't be too long before the architecture is finished and we can go onto final scripts and testing. I can't say for sure when things will be ready but the demo will come out at the very least.

Peace everybody. Hope you all had a fantastic holiday!

-- DarkStarMojo.

Thanks for the update DSM, that is excellent to hear. I remember the detention center being one of my favorite levels from way back when DF first came out. Considering the amazing updates of the demo levels of this mod to the JKA engine I haev to say I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again to the team for all the hard work.

You're most welcome. I think you'll enjoy the new detention center. I've tried to stay as close to the source as possible while updating it for the Q3 engine and I think the results so far have been great. I'll see about posting some screens here if the team doesn't have any problems with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived