Home

Do you like Harry Potter or not OMGZ!!!1!

DarthAve

Wow, you still care about harry potter?

I stopped when I finally go t the picture. I mean, nobody falls asleep twice in the same movie. at seperate time intervals. Also when I was sick and threw up on one of the books, never wanted to pick it up again. Never finished it, never continued the series. :/

I mean, nobody falls asleep twice in the same movie.

i fell asleep during Mr. and Mrs. Smith. then i watched it on dvd and was amazed i fell asleep during the loud gun fights.

back on topic. i lost interest after the books exceeded 1 1/2 inches in thickness. im not big on reading.

Everybody dies in this book.

Why no spoiler tags, you ask? Because that sentence reveales just as much as "Yousa thinken theysa people gonna die?" or "Somebody's gonna die"

I have never liked Harry, I have never gotten the idea of making a lightning on your forehead with a marker and going around the streets with round glasses, I have never liked how it makes the english family looke and I do not like the rip-offage of oh so many other great works of literacy and stuff them into seven 6-inch thick books.

As I stated one day in a conversation with a friend of mine:

"Harry Potter should die in all of the most horrible ways to die. They should break every bone in his body, cut off his privates, open that damn scar on his forehead and burn his eyes out. Then they should hang him without success so he stays there to hang around while he's gutted and brought the most pain any being has endured before"

Now that would be a way to die, eh? :p

Everybody dies in this book.

Why no spoiler tags, you ask? Because that sentence reveales just as much as "Yousa thinken theysa people gonna die?" or "Somebody's gonna die"

I have never liked Harry, I have never gotten the idea of making a lightning on your forehead with a marker and going around the streets with round glasses, I have never liked how it makes the english family looke and I do not like the rip-offage of oh so many other great works of literacy and stuff them into seven 6-inch thick books.

As I stated one day in a conversation with a friend of mine:

"Harry Potter should die in all of the most horrible ways to die. They should break every bone in his body, cut off his privates, open that damn scar on his forehead and burn his eyes out. Then they should hang him without success so he stays there to hang around while he's gutted and brought the most pain any being has endured before"

Now that would be a way to die, eh? :p

I have to ask it...

Have you ever even read harry potter?

Btw, please also refer to ET's post.

I have to ask it...

Have you ever even read harry potter?

Btw, please also refer to ET's post.

I have read HP. Or not just me, but we had an hour of reading Harry a few years back in school. That was as in "teacher reads, you listen" and I didn't have my mp3 player then so I had to listen. And I am not trying start a flame war as ET seems to think of all my posts nowadays, I just stated that I hate Harry Potter to the extent of my will and I want him to die in the most gruesome way possible and that I can't understand the people who try to be possibly the cheesiest hero-magician in the history of literature

If ET could be so incredibly kind as to split this thread in two, with the "is H.P. good/bad" posts in one thread and the "Deathly Hallows" posts in another, I'd be eternally grateful.

btw, is that the title for the American or UK edition, or both? (I.E. philosopher's stone vs sorcerer's stone)
UK edition, no doubt. The US doesn't have Hallows, so it'll probably be something Christian-related instead:p.

But if "Hallows" are taken to mean "Swords", it might be something more like Harry Potter and the Lethal Lightsabers. Time will tell.

The Harry Potter books are okay. They're plagiarised and derivative as heck, but "hate" is a strong word. I'm not sure I hate the books and their author for being such stupid ripoffs. Mildly dislike, perhaps. The quality of the writing itself is often fairly high, however. Especially in the first three books.

As for the movies, they're quite worthless apart from "Prisoner". Which was okay. A bit more edgy and fun than the others.

Chamber is an awesome book for its spookyness, as is The Order of the Phoenix for the atmosphere of hopelessness that permeates the last half of it.

I thought the Potter concept childish at first, but then my family and I heard part of it on the radio and thought it actually sounded OK. We bought a book and the whole family was hooked. We own two copies of The Half-blood Prince because everyone wanted to read it so bad and didn't want to way for their turn to read one book (our family counts five people).

Ironically enough, it turns out that the translator tasked with giving us the Norwegian version of the books seems to have gone out of his way to make them sound as childish as possible. Just about every name has been changed in a childish manner. Things that sounded serious in the English book sound downright silly in the Norwegian books. It's sad.

As for the witchcraft/sorcery/warlock accusations, the sorcery of Harry Potter is totally unlike that of the Bible. The universe of the books is extensive, and thought from Rowling's side has gone into the selection of spells in the book, but to avoid the series due to Christian teachings is to exaggerate. The books don't preach evil, they don't teach witchcraft, they don't instruct kids to become anti-Christians, and they contain a decent collection of morals.

I guess. I did read the first book, I just never got into them; they weren't interesting enough for me. I read a lot - and I mean a lot - and frankly I'd rather read something by Piers Anthony or Garth Nix than any HP book.

I will agree on the hard to get into part. *nods*

Just not your kind of book?

Well actually I've never read any of the books, so I only have the movies to go by. I don't know how different the movies are from the books, but from what I've seen, I dont have any interest in reading them.

I've never watched any of the movies all the way through, but just after seeing a few minutes of each, I get turned off. The whole theme of kids becoming wizards and casting spells just seems kind of silly IMO.

Archived