Home

Do you like Harry Potter or not OMGZ!!!1!

DarthAve

I'm not a big fan though I have read all the books so far and will read the next one to find out if my prediction is correct.

I hate the films though, I think they were ruined by action sequences added in for no real reason, causing vast chunks of the dialogue to be cut. Why does Hollywood think that action always makes a good film?

I suspect it's because Hollywood's decision-makers are largely accountants at heart.

But whatever their reason is for replacing good dialogue with action... it cannot be a reason based in logic. Because some of the talkiest, most intelligent films have also been the most enduringly popular over the years.

I don't mind the Harry Potter series, but two of the books and one of the movies makes it really bad.

From best to least, this is how I rate the HP books:

Prisoner of Azkaban

Half-Blood Prince

Chamber of Secrets

Philosopher's Stone

Order of the Phoenix

Goblet of Fire

From best to least, this is how I rate the HP movies:

Prisoner of Azkaban

Chamber of Secrets

Philosopher's Stone

Goblet of Fire

Gasp.

I love Goblet of Fire. Prisoner of Azkaban was kinda boring to me because I had read 4 before I read 3..

Here's my list

Goblet of Fire

Order of the Phoenix

Chamber of Secrets

Sorceror's Stone

Prisoner of Azkaban

Half-Blood Prince

In terms of film, I thought 2 was the best so far, with 4 and 1 and 3 following.

Well actually I've never read any of the books, so I only have the movies to go by. I don't know how different the movies are from the books, but from what I've seen, I dont have any interest in reading them.

I've never watched any of the movies all the way through, but just after seeing a few minutes of each, I get turned off. The whole theme of kids becoming wizards and casting spells just seems kind of silly IMO.

I used to be the same way until I actually read the books. The movies are no indication of how good the books are, especially if you've only watched a few minutes of them. If I watched a few minutes of, say, Lord of the Rings, all I would get out of it is a bunch of little elf people running around with some ring.

Archived