Rayman Raving Rabbids

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Also got some DVDs:

Ju-On

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Uncle Buck

I, Robot

Superman Returns

And all of this year's Star Wars Hallmark ornaments for my Star Wars Tree.

Actually, my mother got the most interesting present of all this year.

On Christmas Eve, around 10pm, the doorbell rang. By the time my brother got around to answering it (only a minute or two later), he saw the tail lights of a car at the end of the street and a pile of presents to my mother on the stoop. They were addressed from all of my mother's children (though none of us had anything to do with it) and even one from our dog.

Oddly enough, whoever did this knew my mother's shoe size. She got a pair of slippers in her size...

Well, I've opened all of my presents now, here's a full list:

For camera:

Tripod

512 SD card

4-Pack of NiMH batteries

For Wii:

Classic Controller

Component cables (from nintendo's website, will ship when they get some in stock)

Elebits

Candy:

10-Pack of Snickers

Bag of Sour Patch Kids

Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar

Candy Cane

Money:

$40

Misc: Little Hallmark statue of a dachshund

I got everything I wanted. :D

Actually, my mother got the most interesting present of all this year.

On Christmas Eve, around 10pm, the doorbell rang. By the time my brother got around to answering it (only a minute or two later), he saw the tail lights of a car at the end of the street and a pile of presents to my mother on the stoop. They were addressed from all of my mother's children (though none of us had anything to do with it) and even one from our dog.

Oddly enough, whoever did this knew my mother's shoe size. She got a pair of slippers in her size...

So... You're saying Santa does exist?

Apparently.

Hey, how is Elebits? It looked interesting, but I wasn't convinced. I want to rent it, but Blockbuster doesn't carry it.

I haven't played it yet. I'm gonna play it later today and I'll post how it is.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot this: My sister got me a really nice Fossil leather wallet.

an 80GB iPod movie, 4GB memory stick for my PSP and 2 Toblerone bars. i might get something else since were not at home and couldn't bring everything, but im really not expecting anything. i'm quite satisfied with what i got. it was weird though, we opened all our presents at 17:00 on Christmas Eve, which seems to be tradition or something. but for some reason, i didn't really like it, im used to waking up early getting a cup of coffee or hot chocolate then sitting down and opening our presents. sortof ruined the whole "vibe" or something (can't think of the word).

anyways, Merry Christmas.

I know I've already posted this somewhere... Yoink! (Cut-and-pasted from here.)

Scored a few interesting items this year. (Even though I don't personally celebrate Christmas, I still go to the family get-together every year, and a few family members still feel obligated to give me things, despite all my protests. Plus, I always participate in the family Yankee-Gift-Swap game we do.)

First: Big score of the day (my swap prize... well, not really. It's what I was really after, but I got bid out at the end. My my mom traded her prize for it for me after the fact.) A SanDisk 2-GB USB2 mini flash drive. Killer!

Second: (My actual swap prize) A Stanley 500W halogen work lamp. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet... but cleaning out the attic crawl spaces seems a good option. Then perhaps I'll bring it to work.

Also: A giant coffee cup. I already have a couple of these, but since they tend to break far more often than I'd like, it never hurts to have a spare. Plus, a box of Hershey's Kisses, and a $15 Dunkin' Donuts gift card.

Something else:

(Not really a gift... but I found it the other day):

I found a website the other day that has all the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio shows available for download as mp3s. I'm not at all sure of the exact legality of this, but I've never heard all the original shows, or any of them in consecutive order. It's frikken' great!

Elebits is fun so far. Kinda had to take a break from it because it can get pretty stressful, especially if you already have a headache. :p

My only complaint so far is the time limit. The levels have a lot of depth, but you can't explore any of it because of a time limit that seems to only be enough time to find enough elebits to get to the next level. I think that'll get better once I get better and more relaxed with the game. The use of Wii remote and physics is really cool. There's a multiplayer mode I wanna try too, but I haven't got an extra controller, so I need to go down with my Christmas money and get one. There's also a level editor that works over the internet I haven't tried yet.

Oh, and, worse voice acting ever. Seriously, it sounds like story time at the mental hospital.

[EDIT] There's several per-level unlocks. One being a no-time-limit unlock. I've gotten it for one level so far.

Grooves, Darky, and whoever else got a Wii, can you get it online? If you can put your friend codes inthe friend code thread :)

EDIT: My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, but I did get two hoodies the day before, and some Orbit Wintermint, and I hope to get the DS Wi-Fi adapter once I get back in town :)

I just got a letter that I'm counting as a present because I was looking forward to it

I just got a letter regarding the marines saying they have interest in me, and I should keep training until October(my birthday) And I should come in regarding my joining. all I can say is wow, now I'm really motivated. It's been a dream of mine to join the marines.

I just got a letter that I'm counting as a present because I was looking forward to it

I just got a letter regarding the marines saying they have interest in me, and I should keep training until October(my birthday) And I should come in regarding my joining. all I can say is wow, now I'm really motivated. It's been a dream of mine to join the marines.

Wow, go you! :thumbsup:

You're braver than me. :p

And healthier than me.

I would never be accepted due to exercise-induced asthma.

Wii

445 dollars (175 of which I spent before Christmas on Zelda, CDs, and presents for people)

$35 gift card for Red Robins (Restaurant)

$25 gift card for movies

$20 gift card for McDonalds (I go there a lot... too much actually =|)

Candy

18 inch talking Freddie Mercury action figure

Rough Guide to Pink Floyd book

Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme CD

Simon and Garfunkel - Bookends CD

Queen - The Miracle CD

Queen - The Game CD

AC/DC - Ballbreaker CD

Wii 2000 points card

What I bought with my money:

Twilight Princess

Billy Joel - Songs In The Attic CD

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man CD

Rush - 2112 CD

Elton John - Caribou CD

Led Zeppelin - Coda CD

The Beatles - Past Masters Volume II CD

And my parents made this for me... they bought a microphone + stand, and bought scarves and put them on the mic to look just like Steven Tyler's!

Aerosmith%20-%20Steven%20Tyler%200262.jpg

Mine:

tylerxmas.jpg

-Stand by Me Deluxe Version DVD with soundtrack.

-More cash

-Tony Hawk's Project 8

-Halo: Combat Evolved

-Lego Star wars 2: Original Trilogy

-Pocketbike Racer

-Gwen Stafini CD

-Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Soundtrack and DVD

-Some weird pez like things.

-$50 Macy's Card

-$15 iTunes Card

-Burberry Brit perfume

-Japanese Cherry Blossem body splash, shower gel, and lotion from Bath & Body works

-Shout About DVD's (Music 1 and Movies 4)

-Queen Live at Wembley Stadium DVD

-Pinwheels things with chocolate cream inside

-5 boxes of Pocky. xDDDDD (from myself)

More to come too. I'm goin to DC this weekend

The More to come part...

-A Virgin Mobile OYSTR cell phone with a $20 Top-off card

-A $10 gift card to Wal-Mart

-An outfit I'll never wear + some peppermint lotion.

-$50 from grandma.

cool, go kick some ass! :rifle1:

From my family:

-Superman pajama set/ Superman Returns DVD

-"The Transformers: The Movie" 20th Anniversary DVD

-The Legend of Zelda Master Sword/ Hylian Shield/ TP soundtrack collection

-FullMetal Alchemist vol. 13 DVD

-and a character print shirt of Mario

From my best friend:

-A character print shirt of Classic Donkey Kong

From that fiend Claus:

-EGM Magazine

-A Scanner Darkly (which I gave to Seph because I just don't like it.)

All-in-all, I think I pretty much hit the jackpot! :cool:

Archived