Home

The 'Fables' comics

Dagobahn Eagle

Do anyone else here read the Fables comics series by Bill Willingham?

They're currently running in the monthly issues of Nemi here in Norway, and have become my favourite part of the whole magazine, apart from the Nemi comics themselves. So far Nemi has given me the first part, where Snow White's sister vanishes and leaves behind an apartment drenched in blood, and I just got the first chapter of the second story in the latest issue (where Snow White and her sis' go to the Farm where all the supernatural or otherwise non-human refugees live). I think the concept, art and story behind the series are all great. The suspense of the story is pretty good, too, as is the humour scattered throughout.

The only thing bothering me is the idiotic "gore is fine, nudity isn't"-attitude (we first see Snow White undress without anything "private" showing, and are then exposed to a head on a stake. Breasts? Nah, too graphic. A severed head on a pole, illuminated by the lights of Snow White's pick-up truck? Perfectly fine:rolleyes: ). Apart from that, I consider the series great.

6a00c2251c5942f21900c2251c5921604a-320pi

Please keep thread spoiler-free.

Archived