Home

Empire At War Campaign Mode Rebellion Help

Mattios1

Started Playing EaW today and realised how bad I was at the game, could anyone tell me what to do in EaW in Campaign Mode as Rebellion. Tutorials won't be necessary as I can do them with ease.

:lsduel:

Could anyone tell me what to do in Rebellion. All I get is Empire all out attacking, pretty much like the Original Trilogy Movies.

Build your forces up sufficiently before doing the Kashyyk mission - things will get a lot harder after that mission (a lot of planets "unlocked")

Use raid fleets to take out Hyper-V-guns (e.g. infiltrators) or even to conquer a planet.

Try to always build something on build pads you've conquered - it costs next to nothing and can be extremly useful.

The best advice I can give: Get to know each unit's strengths and weaknesses and their special abilities. This is especially true for rebels as they rely more on heroes and their special abilities than the empire.

Many rebel ships can power their shields. A-wings can force all enemy fighters in their area to attack them instead of other targets (very useful when accompanying Y-wings). The millenium falcon has invulnerability. Red squadron can instantly destroy hardpoints with lucky shot (or Boba Fett or other single ships with no hardpoints like tartan cruisers). Y-wings can use ion cannon special ability to take down shields. Chewbacca can comandeer vehicles. Han Solo can use EMP burst to disable vehicles and turrets in his area (try using them both together! Han to disable an AT-AT; Chewie to comandeer it). Obi Wan can heal nearby allies. TB4s can switch from lasers to rockets depending on what it's attacking (lasers tend to be better vs heavy vehicles, rockets better vs troops and light vehicles). Obi Wan sucks vs Vader. X-wings and A-wings suck vs tartans. Mon Calamaris and other larger ships such as nebulon-B and assault frigates suck vs TIE fighters and bombers. Marauder cruisers rock vs stations when you use more than 1 at a time, but have low shields and hull so they are destroyed easily.

That is not a complete list :)

It may all seem like a lot when you're first starting. But it's actually quite easy and very intuitive. You'll get the hang of it in no time. After you've become comfortable with all the rebels can do, get to know what the empire can do. Learn all about Boba Fett's seismic charge, and TIE scouts (these things can be one of the most useful ships in the entire game)

And...when you finally get the FOC expansion, you not only get new units and new special abilities...you can set units to automatically use their special abilities! It's a great feature that lets you concentrate on the whole battle rather than micromanaging units to use their abilities (NOTE: not all special abilities can be automated)

What units do you have and what units are you fighting against? I really don't remember much of the campaigns at all, but I do consider myself a bit of an expert at this game (no big deal since this is a simple game...very fun but simple).

Tell me exactly what your fleet and the enemy fleet consists of?

Are you talking about the very first mission on the Rebel campaign where you have to destroy the six shipyards? If you are, then there is a very quick way to destroy each shipyard and protect your ships.

Protect the Sundered Heart from fighters and turrets with the 4 Corellian Corvettes. Now around each shipyard, there are fuel pods. Just fire on of them with the Sundered Heart and it sets off a chain reaction that immediately destroys the entire shipyard. Just keep doing that on each shipyard and you'll complete the mission in no time.

Archived