Home

Saddam to be executed at around 7 PM PST tonight...

Tyrion

First off, let me say that I don't agree with the current war in Iraq.

To think about it, it's quite ironic how USA first put Saddam into his fancy palace and now Saddam suddenly was the devil on earth. But seriously, who of you honestly gives a crap about those thousands Saddam killed? You probably feer sorry for them just as much as you love Osama. I can honestly say I don't give a crap about all those people. It doesn't concern me and it shouldn't concern the US government either. Before USA can start ridding the world of tyrants and racism, they should fix things in their own nation.

Besides, I thought the US gave a statement yesterday that they hadn't given Saddam to the Iraqi officials yet and would't for several days. Heh... Yeah. Trust Yankee Doodle Dandies. Your government sucks and that's the truth.

Now, about the actual Saddam getting hung, I really don't care about that either. If the Iraqi people are so miserable under Saddam, think about the tyrants in Africa and South-America then. Those tyrants are left to go and probably won't be disturbed as long as they dance in the rythm that the US government tells them to. This world won't be peaceful as long as we have Bush hanging around

My interpretation: Unless one lives in a perfect society, one shouldn't leave one's borders. AND even if one lives in said perfect society you must "liberate" Africa first, correct?

At Last!! The world has one less dictator.

He was a President you fool!!!

:p

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the events leading up to the execution(video):

http://preview.tinyurl.com/uqvve

They even executed his dog!

———————

English translation

———————

Dog of Saddam executed.

Iraq: Shortly after the execution of the dictator Saddam Hussein, his dog Blondi followed the same fate to the gallows. Contrary to Saddam, Blondi’s execution was broadcast live in full length. Some minor complications arose, which dragged out the death struggle to unbearable lengths. Animal activist group PETA has filed a formal complaint to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry.

http://www.islamofascisme.dk/?p=314

I see that some of us haven't come very far since the days in old England when hangings were staged for public entertainment.

Personally I'm sickened by all the juvenile comments that have sprung up all over the internet in the past twenty-four hours, essentially gloating over the killing of a human being.

Whether the person being executed deserves to die or not, only complete neanderthals would ever take pleasure in such an execution. Especially when those neanderthals were never harmed by the criminal in question. I would understand Saddam's victims feeling palpable elation at his death... but Americans? What did Saddam ever do to America? Oh, apart from buy lots of arms from the US... and attack the ideological enemies of the US...

As for all this nonsense like "now there's democracy in Iraq it's all okay", and "hooray, the world has one less tyrant", it's just mindless regurgitation of irrational propaganda. But that's all I'll say on the matter, as there's another thread in the Senate in which the topic was thoroughly well explored:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172318

I encourage anyone who's "happy" that Saddam's dead, to go and read it, and ruminate on the questions asked therein.

Yes, him and:

Yeah, the world has one less dictator and it makes ABSOLUTELY NO difference.
2-0.

Good job, though, PETA. I can just picture your newest slogan: "Protecting the rights of to-be-executed animals everywhere to die without pain!".

True, his lackeys are still around to do the damage. However this assures that he will never have a chance to get away somehow and do more damage himself. Especially with him going back and forth between countries and stuff, anything could've happened.
Yeah, I can just picture Saddam breaking out of prison, getting back into the Middle East, and taking control over Iraq again. A very likely scenario indeed.

Kill the leader and the rest will follow.
Except a lot of times that just doesn't work. Especially when the leader is not leading your enemy (or can you show me a connection between Saddam and, say, Al-Q'aida?).

So inmature, we are talking about something serious here!! :fist:

You were just telling us something that we all already know.

(For the record, I felt Saddam would've done better rotting away in a prison cell for the rest of his life. Doesn't mean I had shed a tear at his execution, though.)

Some people. Since just about everything has been said here and in the thread in Ahto, I'll just say that I completely agree with Spider, Lynk and anyone else who doesn't gloat over Saddam's death. To all you people who gloated: you disgust me! I've always been careful with words, but this time I honestly don't care if this offends anyone - you gloaters disgust me! Say whatever you want, but I for one was really sad to hear that Saddam was hanged. I was sad because it meant a victory for that greedy b***ard Bush and his totalitarian regime.

you gloaters disgust me!

Amen, brother.

How anyone can take pleasure over a man's death is beyond me. And you people who actually want to watch the man die....that makes me sick. I can't say it anywhere close to as well as Spider Al, but I completely agree with what he said.

This is not a victory in the cause for freedom; this is a victory in the cause for revenge. Bush didn't like Saddam because, as he so eloquently put it, "After all, he is the man who tried to kill my daddy."

Now that Saddam is gone, is the world any better than it was?

Answer- No.

Saddam isn't quite as important as so many people seem to believe.

Huh? So the people that were effected for the worse don't get off any better? Weird. I thought they rather liked it, even if it didn't affect the future of life on this planet or anything it was still a step in the right direction if I do say so myself.

They even executed his dog!

———————

English translation

———————

Dog of Saddam executed.

Iraq: Shortly after the execution of the dictator Saddam Hussein, his dog Blondi followed the same fate to the gallows. Contrary to Saddam, Blondi’s execution was broadcast live in full length. Some minor complications arose, which dragged out the death struggle to unbearable lengths. Animal activist group PETA has filed a formal complaint to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry.

http://www.islamofascisme.dk/?p=314

1) Always wait on PETA to be the only one to bitch when they kill a dog, but not give a rat's ass on when they execute a human being. Reminds me of something else, too...

The organization was criticized again in 2003 when Newkirk sent a letter to then-PLO leader Yasser Arafat in response to a Jerusalem bombing attack, in which a donkey was loaded with explosives and blown up. After being "bombarded with calls," according to a PETA spokesperson, Newkirk asked Arafat to appeal to those involved in the attacks to keep animals out of the conflict. When criticized for involving herself on behalf of the non-human victims only, Newkirk told the Washington Post: "It's not my business to inject myself into human wars."

"Umm, yeah. Could you stop using field animals to make bombing attacks? We don't mind you using people to kill other people in large explosions as long as you don't use animals. Thanks."

2) Also, da-****? The dog's name was Blondi?!?!

Edit: Holy crap, just in the 2 minutes writing this post the Wiki was updated.

What did Saddam ever do to America? Oh, apart from buy lots of arms from the US... and attack the ideological enemies of the US...

Saddam betrayed our trust, and abused the position we put him in. How would you like it if you found that you had helped someone to become a mass murderer? Wouldn't you feel partly responsible for stopping him?

And how could his attacks on our "ideological enemies" be a good thing? These attacks were much less justified than our invasion of Iraq.

I'm not happy that he had to die. I would have preferred him alive and properly governing Iraq, instead of attacking countries and murdering his own people.

Huh? So the people that were effected for the worse don't get off any better? Weird. I thought they rather liked it, even if it didn't affect the future of life on this planet or anything it was still a step in the right direction if I do say so myself.

I dont know if they really like it, but I'd better like to put him in prison in a 3x3 meters room for all his life than just killing him.

Saddam betrayed our trust, and abused the position we put him in. How would you like it if you found that you had helped someone to become a mass murderer? Wouldn't you feel partly responsible for stopping him?

He certainly didn't betray our trust - we betrayed his. When we sold weapons to Iran during that whole Iran-Contra thing, we were arming his enemy. He didn't like that. That's why he got pissed at the U.S. - because of the Iran-Contra scandal. And this is certainly not the first time that the U.S. had helped create a mass murderer. We funded Osama bin Laden and his men to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.

And how could his attacks on our "ideological enemies" be a good thing? These attacks were much less justified than our invasion of Iraq.

It meant that we didn't have to do it. He fought the Islamic fundamentalists within his own country. He didn't allow al-Qaeda to operate within his country - he saw them as a threat to his power. Now we are stuck fighting every single extremist group in Iraq that didn't dare cause trouble during Hussein's reign.

Archived