Home

[NSW ART] Emalin's Various Artworks

Emalin

Once again, Emalin, you have done a very nice job :)

You have a gift, and I am glad you chose to share it with us.

There is only one thing that really stuck out at me that made me plop my head to the side take a more harder look at the picture.

The side of her face. The shadow, or hair? is covering that edge from the tip of her nose to the start of her hair line. I just looks a little out of place and makes her face a little bit ... bigger, than what I would think it out to be. But this is probably just my eyes playing tricks on me, that have a habit of doing that :)

Again it's a really good picture and you capture the emotion of fear and sadness that shows in her features perfectly. Keep ... it ... up!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much, Rev7 :haw:

And thanks for pointing out those little mistakes, guys! They must have been computer distortions because they aren't in the original sketch, and I didn't notice them before posting the pic. I've replaced the posted version with an edited one.

Btw, Mr_BFA, in the original sketch the side of Padme's face is drawn with a thick, bold line like her right shoulder is. I didn't think of it, but that must be it why it looked odd. I've edited that as well, if you could check to see if it looks better.

In the meantime -- at long last, a HAPPY picture! And it's KOTOR 2 to boot!!! :D :D :D I just couldn't resist drawing an ushy-gushy moment for Atton and the female Exile....

Emalin_AttoninLove-2.jpg

Thanks, Rev. :)

Here's the partner sketch to that. Together I call them "Love and War". (Yes, I know...veeeeery original.) I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the pic below; the original sketch isn't nearly so gritty looking.

AttonatWar2-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot -- here's one last piece of artwork. Unless I stumble across something I haven't posted yet, I'm fresh out of art to post... though I'm working on remedying that. *wink* This piece took me seven or eight hours to complete, since I tried to be as detailed and realistic as possible. The sepia tone was added later on the computer.

Emalin_RosewithBud2.jpg

Emalin!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to post, sorry, xD

The edit for the Padme pic is good. The bold line just looked a little out of place for me, but as I said before it was your picture, your interpretation and I respect that.

The Kotor II ones are ve-he-he-heeerrrrry good. The Atton and Revan one made me smile and the action one made me laugh. Nice work.

And for how weird it is for me saying this: I love the picture of the rose. I never really liked drawing, or painting flowers, they just weren't my thing because I could not see the point. Now I do. It is very beautifully crafted, with the detail and symmetry perfectly drawn.

I also liked how you drew one rose fully blossomed and the other not so. If theres a reason behind that, I do not know but its a well designed idea. You give both of the flowers evened (is that even a word?) attention. Meaning that you can look at the fully blossomed, and still take note of the one behind it.

Great work and keep drawing! You truly have a gift!

[And oh yeah ... I'm Awesome xD (I felt that I had to live up to my narcissistic persona :D:D:D)]

• 3 months later...

Hello! Em here, popping in to post a couple o' pieces. :)

I joined a painting class recently, so for the past four months I've been working with oil paints. It's been an interesting experience, to say the least. :xp: Finally, I've completed two paintings that I deem presentable, both of which are part of a three-piece set featuring flowers.

Here is the first: a rose. (I love roses, can't you tell?) It was done with a picture from a book as a reference.

Emalin_Rose_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Rev!

Oops... forgot to post the other piece. Here it is: a "begonia". What's funny is that I didn't know what a begonia was until I decided to paint one. (Yeeeeeeah, I'm quite the botanist.)

The third and last piece of this set is nearing completion. After that one's posted, I'll have some SW stuff, hopefully.

Emalin_Begonia2.jpg

Wow, been a long time since I"ve been here...

o_Q I'm such a bad person, this modding stuff is addicting.[/mumble]

Great stuff Emalin, the Atton cartoons are dang funny :p

The rose ( pencil ?) is killer, really wow, clean,which I could pull that off.

The painting looks great aswell, nice bright colours :)

Keep it going girl !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much, guys. Quanon -- yes, the rose is pencil. :) As for the flower paintings, you can see that I loooooove color. It's one of my favorite things about oils; they give you vibrant colors like nothing else can.

Now, at long last, here's the third piece of the flower set. I've had it done for a while, I was just too lazy to photograph it. :xp: This flower is called a canterbury bell ("bells" collectively).

Emalin_CanterburyBells.jpg

Thanks, guys. :haw: Here's a fun little piece: the paper palette I used in painting the canterbury bells. When I was done painting them, I took the palette, folded it down the middle, and pressed it together. This is the result. :D It's like an ink blot test in that you can see different things in it. I showed it to several people and got answers ranging from an owl to a tiger to, most obviously, a butterfly. What do YOU see?

It's a relatively large picture, so I'm putting it here as a link.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Emalin212/PurpleButterfly.jpg?t=1217367753

Emalin..... Glad to see the art is back. :)

The rose, IMO, is absolutely fantastic. I love the background, and how you incorporated both light and dark shadows, giving it an aura of grandeur.

The bells also had a nice palette of colour. First thought I had was rainbow with a hill overlooking the sea. But please ... do not ask me why, lol. :D

The last picture. First I thought it was something giving me two thumbs up, then I thought I seen the predator mask for Alien VS Predator.

But when I looked out towards the WHOLE picture, I automatically saw the Decepticon logo, but admittedly that might have just been the colour that did that for me :p

If you are like me, then you won't get tired of hearing just how good you are, haha.

So, in conclusion: great work, nicely done and keep it up. It would be a shame to lose this talent. The world needs people like you who can brighten things up with your art.

I like your detailed posts, Mr_BFA. :p

Decepticon logo? Lol! I totally see it now that you mention it. Amazing. :lol:

Well, here's my last piece for this posting season... the proverbial cherry on top of the chocolate sundae, as it were. I don't have anything else to post except boring sketches no one would want to see. :xp: This is my first colored portrait EVER, so I'm pretty excited it turned out okay. Oh, and I'm also excited because my dad says he'll buy me a graphics tablet soon. Meaning I'll be able to make presentable art directly on the computer! SQUEEEE!!! What I've always wanted! :D

But anyway, without further ado...

GUESS WHO!

Emalin_Handmaiden.jpg

That is an amazing picture right there. I am not quite sure who it might be though. I think that it looks vaguely like Brianna...regardless, I think that is amazing. The detail on her face is awesome. Your work makes me happy. :D

OMG!!! Forget what I said about this being the end of the posting season. I just discovered a couple of pieces that I haven't posted here! O_O *faint*

Here's the first: a Jedi brandishing a blaster pistol. Except it came out looking more like a handgun, which might explain why I didn't post it. Oh, well. Do me a favor and just think "space western"! :haw:

You might be able to tell who I used as a reference. ;) (Hint: an EU Star Wars character...)

Emalin_EvelynSwann-1.jpg

Archived