Home

[NSW ART] Emalin's Various Artworks

Emalin

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, HOP. :) I didn't use Bastila as a reference, though there IS a resemblance. Part of it's the hairstyle. If I had drawn the hair the way the reference had it, it would be easier to guess.

Rathoris -- no, but you're very close! It's someone in that same family group.

Thanks for commenting, Rev. :)

Rathoris -- Well then, you're crazy. :indif:

:lol: Nah, I'm kidding! You're right, it's Jaina Solo. Compare:

JainaSolo5b.jpgJainaSolo3-1.jpg

Since this Jedi isn't supposed to actually be Jaina, I tried to vary her look a little. The Jedi is a character in an RPG I'm participating in, and her owner asked me to draw her in Jaina's likeness. :)

PLEASE NOTE, though, that this doesn't mean I'm taking requests for RPG characters! That poor girl had to wait nearly six months for her drawing. Which is why I've decided I shouldn't take requests. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a graphics tablet! Now I'm sketching and painting like crazy -- digitally, of course. I think digital art is my niche. :D

That said, here's a rough digital painting of the aurora borealis that I did for a bit of practice with the graphics tablet. Approx. thirty minutes of airbrushing, erasing, and hitting the 'undo' button. :xp:

Emalin_AuroraBorealis2.jpg

Thanks! I do like this tablet. I've been drawing something just about every day.

In fact, I drew this next piece on the same day, using one of my favorite space photos as a reference. It took considerably longer... an hour, maybe? I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Emalin_HomeoftheGiants.jpg

Oooh, I like that aurora borealis. You managed to get a tree line in there too, realy brings out the brightness of the northern lights!

The best part about the space one is how three dimensional it looks. Combine that with the wide variety of colors, the effect is good.I love how in the upper right corner, its black with a few white stars - that gives it a real space feel, and brings out the other colors - great to have so the pic looks like space and not a funkydelic 70s thing. :xp: Wow!

I do think you have found a good niche.

~HOP

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I really appreciate it, especially now that I'm in new territory. (*gulp*)

Before I go on, I would like to insert a shameless promo for my new livejournal account! It's still a bit sparse, but should get some meat on its bones before too long. Come by and visit me! :D

But, annnnnyway. Since this is an ART thread, today I give you a simple practice piece I did a few days ago. I call this little guy Milo. :^: Yes, I know there are a few anatomical blunders...but...I really, really wanted to squeeze his tail into the picture.

Emalin_Milo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa! I just read all of this! Great pictures, Emalin! Late congratz on the contest. :)

I loved the picture of the 'charcoal man', and the pencil rose was beyond excellent! and the red glass one was really really really great! And--I think I need to stop before I hyperventilate!

Seriously, I have a friend who did a year of Commercial Art in college, and next time I see her, I'm gonna show her this thread. I'm pretty danged sure she'll love it as much as I do!

And you like Lord of the Rings as well as Star Wars. :D Don't suppose you like Pirates of the Caribbean? :lol:

I've enjoyed this art as much as I enjoyed 'Return of the Gizka' and 'Consumed'. :xp:

Wow, thanks for the awesome response, guys! I feel perfectly at ease about those anatomical blunders now. :)

Endorenna: you're gonna show your friend?! Oh my! Thank you so much! You've just made my day... no, make that my WEEK. :D I'm glad you enjoyed "Return of the Gizka" and "Consumed", too. I didn't know if anyone read those anymore, lol.

Yes, I love Lord of the Rings. In fact, I loved Lord of the Rings before I loved Star Wars! It was my major "thing" for a while, before sci-fi and the GFFA took over. :xp: As for Pirates of the Caribbean... well, I've never been a big fan, actually. But Jack Sparrow suuuuure would be a hoot to draw!

Speaking of drawing, I'm sad to report that I have no new art to post right now. :( I haven't done any drawing with the tablet lately, as I've been rather short on time. Oh, but I do have an oil painting that is *nearly* finished. Hopefully I should be able to post it within a month.

Thanks again, everyone, for your encouragement!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, everyone!

Guess what? I got a deviantART account recently! w00tness!!!!!! :D So, from now on that'll be my most up-to-date art site, though I will probably still post here from time to time. Be sure to visit me on dA!

And now for that oil painting I mentioned. (See? I TOLD you I'd get it posted within a month) :) This was done from a photo that I took a year ago while on vacation in the Appalachian Mountains. 'Twas lots of fun to paint... though I did want to throw my brush across the room sometimes. (Tree leaves are killer, y'know?) :xp:

Emalin_TheWayHome.jpg

lol. Thank you, guys. I hope to become a lot better at this. ;P Up next is... er... lots of things. I dunno. There are so many big projects I want to tackle! I want to try my hand at painting people and portraits. Then again, there's this landscape I have stuck in my head... with a pretty sunset... agggggggggh mustpaintitmustpaintitmustmust.

Endorenna: I learned to paint like this by painting those flowers. As well as painting a hideous starter piece, by which I learned what NOT to do when painting with oils, and which I would rather burn than post here. :D

Oh yeah, and I second CommanderQ's advice. I try to avoid drinking anything whilst exploring deviantART. O_o Seriously, you guys need to check out some of the pieces I've favorited there. They put me to SHAAAAAAME! :cry8:

Ooh! I think I know what I'm going to do next. :^:

It started out as a line sketch on paper. Then I photographed it and messed around with it a little in Corel Photo-Paint, and it turned into this:

Erulameon_by_Emalin212.jpg

No, it's not pre-metal-jaw Malak, lol. It's not even Star Wars or sci-fi. Meet Erulameon, a character from one of my (non-fanfic fantasy) stories. If he looks evil/creepy/etc., that's 'cuz he is. :haw: Though you can't tell it here, his skin is extraordinarily pale, even translucent in places. This is because he belongs to a nocturnal race.

Expect to see more of this guy. ;) I think I'm gonna paint him. After all, he really needs some color and realism, and I need practice at painting people. And then I could go on to some other characters... ooo! I COULD REALLY RUN WITH THIS!!! ::gets excited:: :D

Archived