Home

[NSW ART] Emalin's Various Artworks

Emalin

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Anakin

Thanks again! Really, I'm grateful for your encouragement, since I hope to turn this into a career someday.

@ CSI

Attention? Nah, just from you guys. And I'm perfectly content with that. :)

@ Pottsie

Gracias! (I absolutely must find new ways to say "thank you"!) This piece is the one on which I worked the longest. And about my sig -- yeah, I didn't have time to edit it before, but I thought I'd work on it today! :D

The Sig is very, feminine, if I can put it that way. Turning this into a career would be a very good idea, since you're a really talented artist and people would love to see it. And if you ever become famous, you can always say, "I remember that member who kept saying my art was really good." Oh and don't bother trying to find new ways to say thank you. There isn't, unless you translate into another language and I don't mind thank you. Looking foward to more art. I'll be there to praise, praise, praise!

Turning this into a career would be a very good idea, since you're a really talented artist and people would love to see it.

Right here in this instance I agree with my friend, he is correct about this. I would be there, making sure you got some apraisal.... most people don't become famous until after their dead.... which I doubt that is the case with you... As Pottsie has said you are a very talented artist.

And if you ever become famous, you can always say, "I remember that member who kept saying my art was really good."

Hmph... your not the only one Pottsie... CSI and I have been here cheering her on as well ;)

Looking foward to more art. I'll be there to praise, praise, praise!

Same here..... as in the past few days... btw sorry I didn't post at first, I just simply didn't see it, as I rarely go to this part of Courscant Entertainment.... so I hope you can forgive me for that... Good Luck with everything... and May the Force be with You.... (and the Force of art..... hehe lol)

@ Pottsie:

My friend, I have a question... how can one be redeemed by pain... pain leads to suffering... and suffering to hate.... hate leads to the Darkside...

:edit:

@ Pottsie, way below, jus kiddin just two posts under this one

I surrender to no teachings except those of the Jedi... it is good to know that I am truely redeemed.... I was redeemed by... don't laugh, I'm being serious... Pazzak

@ Pottsie

The font I used is called "Mistral." It's one of my personal favorites.

@ Anakin

I'm just dazed by how encouraging you have been, as well as the others. Even if you don't comment, there's no way I'll hold it against you. You have a life of your own. And the originator of this thread is in danger of pride problems if she dwells too much on getting praise.

Also...if I may answer your question...no one can be redeemed without pain: theirs, someone else's, both. In fact, I tend to think it's always both.

But no one can EVER be redeemed without love!

My goodness! (I feel strange saying that, it's like saying "my intellegence") Another superb piece of artwork! I thought it was a photograph for a moment there! Once again you display your mastery of perspective, lighting, and surface detail. (I bow in reverance and acidentally hit my head against the moniter) You grace us with your prescence here! I swear, games like KOTOR draw the most intellegent people. This place is like a mine of talent and I wish I had more time to show everyone here the respect they so richly deserve. Anyone gotten a swolen head yet? No, seriously, I meant everthing I said, it's a joy to see so much talent gathered in one place.

To answer Emalin's question earlier about wether I am an artist; click on the link in my signature (the one that says, "A Stirring in the Blood") and decide for yourself.

PS: sorry for the horrifically long post; I got carried away.

I surrender to no teachings except those of the Jedi... it is good to know that I am truely redeemed.... I was redeemed by... don't laugh, I'm being serious... Pazzak

Right... *carefully checks deck for fear of subliminal Jedi propaganda*

Emalin, that Ruby Glass one is fantastic. I can never draw or paint glass myself. I envy you greatly.

@ Grey Master

LOL, thank you! It's because I've had all of these stored in my computer. Soon I'll have to create new ones, and that will definitely take time. :) I'm thinking about doing some Star Wars pieces now. I would post those in the actual Entertainment Centre, though. This section is only non-SW, after all....

@ Torthane

Hee-hee -- I say "my goodness" all the time! Never thought of it that way.... :lol: Anyway, thank you again for your comments! I looked at your artwork, and I love it to death, especially what I assumed to be your portrait of Revan. You're good...I'd love to see more!

Also, I think KOTOR draws "intelligent people," as you put it, because it was made by intelligent people -- and that shows. The story is great, the characters fantastic, the game itself wonderful.

Oh, and no worries about horrifically long posts. Look at mine. LOL!

@ Dark_Lady

Thanks! If I hadn't had something to look at, I wouldn't have been able to draw the glass, either. I just copy what I see. Does that mean I have photocopiers for eyes?! :lol:

Darn !!! She's better then me ...

Very nice stuff you got there . You got good skills and it all looks very clean , very jealous about that :D ( I'm a reall messy ' artist' )

Can't wait untill you have a go at some SW action thingys .

I want more , more , more ...

@ the others ; Die you shall , I have forseen this !!!

@ Quanon

Thanks! About being a "messy" artist...hey, messiness can be a technique! Just think about it. :) I haven't seen much of your stuff, by the way, but I plan to go have a look.

Oh, and I've never really done action shots...except for one, but it didn't get finished. I hope to redo it soon.

@ CSI

I'll probably post the next one before I go to bed tonight. Say, roughly four to five hours from now.

Again -- let me warn you I will have only a couple more things to post after this next one.

TODAY'S POST: This is my favorite portrait that I've done so far...and the one that took me the longest to do. Her name is Nírel, and she is an elf from a Lord of the Rings fic I began, but never finished. "Nírel" in elvish means "daughter of tears"; hence the emotion of the portrait. My goal in drawing her was to be as photorealistic as I could without looking at a photo the whole time.

Emalin_Nirel2.jpg

Another good portrait Emalin. Could you post the Lord of the Rings Fic here? Anyway, as CSI pointed out, Elves do have longer, sharper ears. Other than that good. One question though. How come all your portraits are black and white and the other drawings are in colour? Looking foward to more.

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment, guys!

@ Anakin

Oh, I wouldn't call it "ranting." Ranting sounds much too Sith-like. :)

@ CSI

I actually used a photo of Legolas as reference when I drew this girl's ears. But, I probably should have emphasized the points a little more, as you say. Thanks for "pointing" that out. (Ha ha...okay...lame. Sorry.)

@ Pottsie

The Lord of the Rings fic this girl is from is discontinued. However, I do have another LotR fic, one that I *could* post here if/when I return to it. At the moment, it's held in stasis as I tend to my KotOR II fics.

And, yes, my portraits are all black and white. I realized that myself earlier in this thread! :lol: My natural inclination when doing a portrait is to reach for a regular drawing pencil. Strange, I know -- but it must seem less intimidating to me. I've never tried a portrait in color, after all.

I'm in the process of that now, though! :D I just roughed a sketch tonight. Color will come along soon....

Speaking of color, I like what you've done with your sig!

Actually, Anakin, I'm on the light side, it's just that Sion is one of my favourite characters in TSL, along with Atton, Brianna, Mical, Kreia and the Exile. Anyway, Emalin, in my opinion, if I had to choose which you were better at doing, you can do a lot better with drawings then Fics, but that's just my opinion.

^ Hey, as long as I can build a career on either art or writing, I'm happy! Writing is much harder, anyway. It's dealing with ideas and words instead of paper and pencils. :^:

The surprising thing is -- up until my last art competition on Dec. 12, I'd never put much stock in my art. Now I'm working on it more...especially after getting professional art supplies for Christmas. :D

So CSI did that recoloring job for you, Pottsie? He did a good job!

Jolee Rants all the time.... so no to me it doesn't sound Sithy...

Hmm...you have a good point, there. Okay, I take back my inaccurate statement. Thank you for your correction, Master Jedi. *bow*

And now I must log off to sleep. Next post is in twenty-two hours. *kerplop, zzzzzzzzz....*

Archived