Home

[NSW ART] Emalin's Various Artworks

Emalin

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at last! But, for now, I'm not posting artwork. I'm posting avatars! :D Yup, that's right. I'm in the process of making them for another site, the Jedi Masters forum. And I'm tackling the project one SW character at a time. So, today, may I present to you: Anakin Skywalker!

If you see an avatar you like, feel free to use it. These are my first attempts at avatar-making, though, so I'm sorry if they're a bit simple.

EDIT: Replaced avatars with up-to-date versions.

Ani-Vader_edited.jpgAnakin-Vader_edited.jpgAnakinwithSaberRotS2_edited.jpgAnakinwithPalps2_edited.jpgAnakinwithPadmeAotC-1.jpgAnakintheCutie_edited.jpgAnakinFanArt_edited.jpgAnakinDS_edited.jpgAnakinTPM-1.jpgAnakinDS2_edited.jpgAnakinCollage_edited.jpg

And a larger, "fancier" avatar:

AnakinPadme-IdGiveMyLifeForHer.jpg

And for those of you who like Gladiator (like I do!):

Maximus2.jpgMaximus_edited.jpgMaximusBattleCry_edited.jpgCommodusSquinting_edited.jpgCommodus_edited.jpgRegalLucilla_edited.jpgMarcusAurelius_edited.jpgJuba_edited.jpg

EDIT: Replaced avatars with up-to-date versions.

(Note to Jae: I would've listed all of these avatars in one post, except for the image limit. :( Hope this is all right.)

That's fine. --Jae

I can't even begin to believe that i have not looked over this thread, yet!

Every picture is god dang, fantastic artwork! Love every one!

The one of Arwen is brilliant, the only bad comment i have to say on it, would be the eye's. But other than that, great job!

The second one, great water colouring. An amzing eye you have, indeed.

Third: I have absolutely no idea, who that is! But never the less, its a fantastic portrait. Ever perspective is magnificent. I for one, despise drawing with charcoal, i just cannot get the hang of it what so ever, lol.

Fourth: When i first looked at it, i actually thought it was a painted portrait, not pencil drawn! Once again, excellent work.

After all that said ... i really hope the next piece gets posted very soon :D

Nice avartars, Emalin, but quite frankly, I'd prefer your art...No offense here...

To Pottsie below: I agree with you, this is an art thread. But I hardly think arts and avartars are same thing...But however it's her right to post her avartars here. Same as Pottsie, any sneak preview of the upcoming art?

@ Mr_BFA

Thank you, kind sir, for the detailed comment! I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread. :D You said you despise charcoal. I take it you like to draw, too? (Wow! There are so many artists on this site!)

@ CSI

No offense taken! I just posted these avatars here so anyone who liked one could use it. (And so I'd have something to show for a week of existence. LOL) I don't intend for avatars to become the point of the thread; after all, the thread's meant for various artworks, not any one thing. When I named the thread, I figured I would need a "disclaimer" like that. :lol:

@ CSI & Pottsie

Well, my friend couldn't scan and send me those pics I mentioned earlier, due to e-mail problems. So she just brought them to me. :^: Now I have to make time for a photography session. (Oh, what I wouldn't give for a scanner!)

Erm...that said, these drawings won't be nearly as fancy as previous posts. They're what I call more "whimsical" creations...the kind of thing you might find in a children's book. My friend did the composition, though, and she laid them out beautifully. Basically, she took my original drawings and combined them into "scenes." And without my knowledge, too -- meaning they made a fantastic birthday surprise. :D

I've actually been thinking about trying my hand at digital art. Though it might be a challenge, it would eliminate the whole photography element. *shrugs* Well, in the meantime, I have two portraits in the works. One is SW-related and will be done in colored pencils; the other is non-SW-related and will be done in watercolor.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!

Well, not really. No more pics as of yet. :D But I do have some exciting news. This Friday is the great STATE COMPETITION for art among Christian schools. And guess what? My charcoal and pastel pieces (the unknown celebrity and the flower) will be two of the entrants!

If they win state...then it's on to NATIONALS! w00t!

BUT -- the competition will be tough -- the judges merciless (and Emalin overly dramatic about it). So, here's to a dead heat, folks.... ;)

How did I missed this thread until now :eyeraise:

This is just amazing Emalin. I love all the works you posted but I must give you particular kudos for the shadings (and the hair on the first pic just looks so real. Love the colors too in your "colored" pics). I really wish to see more of your art! Keep it up and good luck in that competition :)

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!! And special thanks to Henz and Darth333 for stopping by - I really appreciate your posts. :^:

I leave for the distant (well, not TOO distant) city of the competition in about 10 hours. Yup...that's at the very UGLY hour of 7AM.

EEEEEEEK!!!!

The awards ceremony for the competition is also tomorrow, so I'll be sure to tell y'all about it when I get back.

Oh yeah...and I'm entering in the poetry contest. That one will *definitely* be hard. All competitors must write

a poem (of minimum word length) for a topic given on the spot (and in under one hour!). As a friend of mine said:

"DEATH."

But, nay! Though my creative abilities be flogged and frayed, I will survive! :smash:

Good luck. And I see a potential that Anakin Skywalker will date Emalin out.

:lol: Hmm! Do you, now? Never been paired off like THAT before...LOL. (Nothing against Anakin, of course!)

P.S.

Henz, sir! Your self-portrait (well, not a portrait -- what would you call it?) is simply fantastic! :D

Will you be posting more artwork in the future?

P.P.S.

Oh, and CSI...please don't scare me like that. I thought for a minute that you were really banned! :(

EDIT @ CSI below: What??? I don't get it, what's going on? Am I allowed to know?

Another good luck wish to Emalin, before I was exiled...again. Well, I don't know if I can wait until you comes back, but it seems like I can't. So, before I exiled myself, Anakin is kind enough to let me post my comment:

Patience, my padawan, patience. FTW.

Edit:

To Anakin Below:

Geez, I can't write any fic unless I got Microsoft Office 2007 Vendor copy up and running. However, when situation calls, a Jedi must face the situation, and judge the best solution.

^Sending judges to oblivion is not very Jedi-like.

@Emalin above, above, above, above, above, and above:

Well, if you're talking to my Office, my beta version got past due...I have to get a normal version, but it's still on the way, therefore I have to use the trial version for now...

About the banning, I have to say...

Brianna: Pulling a Bindo?

CSI: Bald guy, bad joke.*

How's contest going?

* Edit: Yeah...bad joke...very bad joke...:tsk: - d3

Edit: To Darth333:

Sorry, madam, I can assure you that similiar bad joke won't happen again, as I assured Rogue Nine.

Archived