Home

Name Change Thread 2 - Read the First Post!

Rogue Nine

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is the username 'Titan' (without the quotation marks) already taken?

If not, could someone please change my name into that?

thanks in advance!

Edit: I just saw that that username is already taken...

if it isn't possible to change my name into 'Titan', could someone change it into

'McTitan' ?(without quotation marks)

thanks again!

I respectfully request that my name be changed from "Evil Q" to "Q".

Yes, I know that there are two other members that have that name, but they haven't been active for ten years.

Thank you. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^You sure about that, friend? Hopefully this reminder (with all due respect) will serve as consideration:

<snip>

Rules for requesting a name change: (as of 07/31/07)

1. You may only make one name change request every twelve months. - This is in direct response to a trend that has come up fairly recently. A user will request a name change and have it done by an administrator, only to come back a while later (usually less than a month, sometimes shorter) to request a new one or to have it reverted back to the old one. This is not IRC where names can be changed at will. If you would like a new username, think about it carefully and choose wisely, because you're going to be stuck with it for a while.

NB: As of 06/30/07, the following change has been made to Rule 1.
    • The period of time between name changes has been extended to twelve months. Six is far too short a time.

NB: As of 07/31/07, the following change has been made to Rule 1.

• You may waive the twelve-month waiting period in order to get an immediate name change. However, doing so means you forfeit all future name change requests, so in effect, your name change is permanent. So please weigh this option very carefully if you are considering it.

<snipsnipsnip>

Think carefully. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived