Home

Kotor Console Helper

A windows based program for both K1 and K2 TSL that will overlay the game window with categorized lists of every item in the game (including whatever you have in the override) which you can browse alphabetically by tag or description. The program will enter the cheat code for you when you select an item. (It runs idly in the background until you call it with a hotkey, and disappears into the background when your through with it.) All hotkey assignments are printed on the form.

Also, for K2 TSL it will display a text box showing what you type when you press the tilde key.

It also contains an audio player so you can listen to your own wav / mp3's instead of or in addition to the original game music if you like.

Please note that it comes with a control (mscomctl.ocx) that you will most likely need to install. (The control is a redistributable straight from the Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5.)

BE WARNED: This program is very beta. It has never been run on any machine other than my own. (It works great for me.) FYI if it doesn't work for you it will only get fixed if people report bugs or whatever, so please relate your experiences to me. (See the read me.rtf about including the debug log when reporting errors.)

Also note that it is normal for the program to parse the game files (including your override) and generate item lists the first time you run it. (If it says its parsing something or generating lists, leave it alone until its finished.)

Make sure you read the read me.rtf!!

Be aware that this is a 7-Zip File

I'm going to start posting updates of just the executable itself. So you will need both archives to stay up to date.

The original archive of version 1.0.182 contains all the files needed to run this program.

An update to version 1.0.196 is now available.

Repacked File (Newest Version):

Available from my web site.

Downloaded, and in the somewhat slow process of checking it out and playing around with it.

So far, one thing I've noted is that I don't seem to find any way to actually skip to the next audio track. The MP3 player part really appeals to me, since normally I have to run winamp in the background for my tunes -which can be a little bit of a hastle.

I can move around in the file lists with any of the various 'next' keys, but none of them seem to stop playing the current file and play the next in line.

Is this by design, or am I missing something? 'Cuz that'd be a handy-dandy feature if it were possible to incorporate. :)

-Kitt

Downloaded, and in the somewhat slow process of checking it out and playing around with it.

So far, one thing I've noted is that I don't seem to find any way to actually skip to the next audio track. The MP3 player part really appeals to me, since normally I have to run winamp in the background for my tunes -which can be a little bit of a hastle.

I can move around in the file lists with any of the various 'next' keys, but none of them seem to stop playing the current file and play the next in line.

Is this by design, or am I missing something? 'Cuz that'd be a handy-dandy feature if it were possible to incorporate. :)

-Kitt

You are quite correct. This use to work - I'll have to look into it and see what I changed. (This is horrificly (sp?) confusing source code.)

Thank you for pointing this out - most of the time people don't bother to tell me and I find it on my own. :)

EDIT:

Actually this is still working for me. It's the page up and page down keys (not the ones on the numpad.) I was confusing myself using the wrong keys.

Do these not work for you?

I've just become aware of an issue that will prevent the program from working on computers with non-american keyboard layouts. (Meaning your console doesn't open with the tilde key.) So if this applies to you, I'm aware of the problem and am considering how I'm going to resolve this.

You are quite correct. This use to work - I'll have to look into it and see what I changed. (This is horrificly (sp?) confusing source code.)

Thank you for pointing this out - most of the time people don't bother to tell me and I find it on my own. :)

EDIT:

Actually this is still working for me. It's the page up and page down keys (not the ones on the numpad.) I was confusing myself using the wrong keys.

Do these not work for you?

With some more investigation, I've found that these keys do in fact seem to be working, but with some stipulations...

First, while testing a bit and file-jumping back and forth using both the pageUP/PageDN keys (non-numpad) as well as discovering that apparently when playing in list-play mode, the usual play single key (num Left) acts as a "reset current song" while the usual stop single key (num Right) seems to also skip to the next track. I also managed to crash the program while doing this excessive file-skipping, which wasn't quite as fun a discovery. :lol:

The only thing in the log that looked like anything other than normal parsing, extracting, etc was this line:

(EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER (TERMINATED - Not trying to continue)): (Code: -1073741819) at 1D1C1B30 - eErr_EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

The other thing I noticed was that what had originally caused me to think the buttons weren't working as they are is apparently the randomize function.

While it WILL randomize a list, thus far I've had no luck in actually getting it to play the list in the order generated, and some of the keys don't seem to function at all (page up/down simply navigate the list but don't change the song), playing the list doesn't seem to work at all, using the play single key only ever seems to start at what WOULD be the first track were the list not randomized and the stop single key causes the player to run down the tracks sequentially but play nothing.

Sorry if this is a little confusing. Some of it's kinda hard to put into clear wording. It would appear however that most problems I've run into seem to be tied to the random function, not the playing functions themselves.

Oh, and I think somewhere the counter is a little confused. Where it displays at the bottom something like "15 files took 17.93 minutes", I think that should be miliseconds. It happens almost instantly, so there's no way in the world minutes is accurate there, and I would sincerely doubt it could possibly even be full seconds.

And if my verbosity ever starts to sound as though I'm crying and bitching, it isn't. I'm just trying to provide as much feedback as possible. Everything else considered, I'm having fun playing with it and it's already made playing the games more fun since I can pretty easily change my tunes while playing now. :D

-Kitt

• 11 months later...

Archived