Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

Finally got to ride my Xmas present, the new bicycle my family gave me. It took me a bit to get used to, as I've been used to shift levers either on the frame or between the handlebars and the front fork and this bike has a twist shifting system on the grips of the handlebars. I'm also not used to a bike with a front suspension. Anyway, I picked it up from the bike shop after my appointment (the shop was just up the street from where I was), rode it to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions, and then back home. Left where my appointment was @ 2:30 PM ET and, with the time at the shop and waiting for a new prescription order to be entered at the pharmacy, was home well before 3:30 PM. A bus trip would've had me home later, as I usually walk home from the pharmacy if I have to pick up prescriptions.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are a lot of American cars I would never buy. Dodge, GM...

GM is bascailly all I had owned till recently, all my family has owned, never had a major problem, that wasnt a warrenty replacement and relatively painless to fix.

I would never ever buy a chrylser, and I own the only dodge now that i ever would, a RAM.

ESp now that GM has 10/100k on all its cars now......

recieved an official tax bill in the mail, stating that i owe $93 for school taxes....got that last night. My sister didn't get one, so i was furious. woke up, called the tax collector lady and started yelling at her. she ended up pleading for her life and gave me a disconnected phone number to the courthouse or whatever......now i'm just pissed off.

The only Dodge product made after 1980 that I'll ever own is a mini-van... Those Caravans are damned handy for hauling gear and people, and the mileage is actually decent if you don't have a lead foot.

the 2.2/2.5T cars are pretty fun, anything after like 95 is a maintenance nightmare.....esp with the caravans

So my NYE celebration was fun - drank a lot, was able to hang out with this cute blonde i've liked for a while and had a lot of my friends around too. We stayed up way too late [but it's new years, who cares]. And honestly, I have never really cared much for NYE celebrations before...but this year was somehow different, I can't put my finger on it....I had a lot of fun! :) I hope everyone else had fun!

Of course ever since the 1st, i've been sick. :/ I got the cold that's been going around my area here. Gotta love how alcohol lowers that immune system lol.

So my grand plan to start the new year is temporarily on hold at the moment [joined a gym etc and haven't gone yet lol]. But do not worry...my resolve...has NEVER ..been stronger!

:lightning

Ok... a day behind already. Damn... I knew it was inevitable.

Yesterday:

Started the day at work with a meeting. Not as bad as some of the ones I've been to. I generally dislike all meetings, though, so it's always hard to paste on a happy face and seem truly interested.

A bunch of us in my department took an extended lunch at the big Italian Bistro down the street in the afternoon. I got the eggplant. Pretty good. I was totally stuffed for the rest of the day.

When I got home I started playing with a CD project I promised a couple of people. Importing cassette tapes into my PC, and then editing the hell out of the tracks, and then mastering them.

It's a long, drawn out process. One I'm not sure I have the stamina to continue tonight...

At some point last night though, I took a break, and began to go through some other tapes I had laying around, and stumbled on an ancient and kinda goofy tape of school projects I had made MIDI sequences out of. One of them is this 2-part invention. I think I got a passing grade on it,.. but I don't remember much else about the class at this point. A real Baroque musician would, no doubt, tear it completely to shreds.

I have a couple of other (even goofier) MIDI projects... but they probably won't fit on the tiny slice of web-space I have at the moment.

Today:

A truly slow day at work. Still not feeling very good, so it was really difficult to get motivated to tackle all the projects I know must get done.

In what might just turn out to be a stunningly profound lapse of wisdom, I not only let slip to a co-worker that I post a daily running journal of sorts in a thread on an Internet forum... I, for some reason, volunteered to send a link to it.

This, in retrospect, could turn out to be a serious mistake.

I'm not exactly sure what inspired me to make this particular revelation... (the conversation had turned to everybody's Myspace pages, but since I don't have one, this was the closest analog I could come up with on the spot.) I can claim to be under the influence of being both under-the-weather and drugged-to-the-gills with powerful cold medications... still, I can't help but feel that a mistake has been made.

Thinking about some of the things I have revealed about myself here in the past 2 years... and my more than occasional disdain for the circumstances I often find myself in on the job... this could come back to haunt me in a serious way.

I can only hope this person A.) wasn't as interested as they seemed.... or, B.) has a truly good sense of humor, and takes my ranting and venting for what they really are...

Still... if someone who knows me in 'meatspace' truly bothers to read all of these threads, it could alter things around me somewhat.

Perhaps I'm reading it all wrong though... maybe we'll even get a new member out of it... that would be something!

I guess I'll just hope for the best.

I'm too tired for much else at this point... :dozey:

My morning started off GREAT. yelled at tax collector person, then went w/my mom to best buy to pick up a computer desk, stopped at a place to eat, i ordered an omlet, then after we went to best buy and came home, i was gonna be late for work cause some road work was being done on the road on our way back...

so i called the store because i couldn't find the 1-800 number for calling off, got that number, then i called that 1800 number, which took forever cause it's automated and sucks. finally was transferred to manager just so i could say i would be 15 minutes late and wouldn't get in trouble for an 'unexcused tardy' -_-

got to work, discovered i was closing by myself....fine until 7pm, was there by myself then the madness kicked in around 7:30, 30 minutes before closing...ended up helping someone w/the damn picture maker forever, then some other guy that's kinda weird wanted me to help him find a cd, couldn't find it, so went back to helping pic maker people.....gah....ended up leaving 30 minutes late, while people were at the camera bar, i didn't have the keys to open it and didn't want to stick around for them to find out, as my coworker i think put them in her locker on mistake. -_-

sick of this ****. before i came home i just had to spend money because the fridge is empty...picked up some cream of wheat, milk, sliced turkey breast, sargentino cheese, and some bread, and also a ravioli florentine meal from smart choice cause it looked delicious.

Got home, put the smart choice meal in the microwave, my mom called and said that my dad looked over the tax bill and said it is for property owners, and that i should probably show it to my landlord.

I hope tomorrow I get two dollar raise at work. I ****ing deserve it.

NEVER got to sleep last night. Feel lousy, almost beyond description... like death warmed over lightly, with a side order of misery.

Extra helpings of both, too...

Taking the day off from work.

Hopefully I can get some sleep later. Need to kill this thing for good. Oh... it's on, now! A formal declaration of war, and the start of open hostilities.

One of us is goin' down before the weekend is over!

I hate to say who looks like the victor at the moment, though. :dozey:

My mom has got it now, too. A lot of folks I know do. Ick.

we must change the URL now and disconnect for the lucas games network!

I played a solid 4 hours of BF2142 last night and really got into a groove...............

other than that its been slow, just missin the gf cuz shes 2 hours away and I wont see her this weekend at all.................

works been busy, really really not looking forward to taking a class again, first time in a yera and half since I got my Bachelors.......starting monday I am taking a javascript class

Yeah... I created a security breach. Horror is bound to ensue...

Managed to grab a couple of hours sleep after my last post. Still feel like a pile of crap, but slightly less so than before. A smaller, fresher pile of crap, perhaps.

You've let them know we exist! for shame! Quickly brothers, to the defenses! :D

Yeah... I created a security breach. Horror is bound to ensue...

:o

Eeeek, the first wave of their attack has already begun!

*mans the AA guns on the NE wall*

Yes... the tearing down of walls around our insular little community can only bring hurt.

I wonder if now is a good time to bring up the fact that the person in question is also of the feminine persuasion...

Yeah kids... it just keeps getting worse and worse...

:p

I wonder if now is a good time to bring up the fact that the person in question is also of the feminine persuasion...

Yeah kids... it just keeps getting worse and worse...

:p

It's a curse you are bringing upon us!

You have no idea... ;)

But it's MY reporting back to work that I really worry about... I'm bound to get some odd looks once people realize what I'm really thinking most of the time. I do bite my tongue quite a bit, I'm afraid... then post here later to do all the spleen venting like a raving lunatic I've been holding in all day.

My reputation is shot if this all gets divulged, I'm afraid... Or maybe not... I'm not all that sure what exactly my reputation is at work to begin with... perhaps it's so low already that this couldn't possibly harm it.

Then there's all the most unfortunate divulgings about my personal life (or, more specifically, the almost complete and utter lack thereof...)

Of course, if any female were ever to bother digging through any of the older threads, I'm pretty sure the contents therein will scare her away for good. I doubt few of them would have the fortitude to make it this far...

Hell, we started this very thread six days ago with discussions of discolored testicular discomfort... that really should be enough to keep us covered. :dozey:

Anyway, we might have a bit of a temporary reprieve... she told me recently that she doesn't have a computer or internet connection at home, so it's unlikely to be an issue for the rest of the weekend, since the place is closed until Monday.

Again... the effects of a head swimming with a nasty sinus cold and a bloodstream thick with pseudo-ephedrine just pretty much destroyed any of normal filters I have in place to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening.

Archived