Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess those are good enough reasons. :indif:

Spent the night e-mailing a bunch of .mp3s out to people who want them, (including our dear ol' Nitro.)

My ISP must hate me now.

I ran out of files to send, as I haven't actually edited the rest of the tape yet, or converted to .mp3 from .wav. Get to that tomorrow.

work was ok yesterday..

woke up at around 8am, made some cream of wheat...hadn't had it in a while, now im wondering why i even bought it, as oatmeal is much tastier. did about 100 pushups in around an hour, went over to my parents' to get my stupid tax bill as i left it there for my dad to look at...then i came back, my car about ran out of gas so i had to stop at the gas station and put what little change i had left on me into it...after that, i quick checked my transmission fluid, as i have a minor trans fluid leak, it was at the near-full mark so i didn't bother adding...gotta get oil changed, it's been over 5,000 miles since i last had that changed. Got home, worked out some more while listening to the edge radio off of shoutcast, then i made a turkey and swiss cheese sandwhich, and then i went to work.

Work wasn't so bad...the madness is subsiding, as most people are done w/their after-holiday returning/purchasing. Next "holiday" is valentines, and they already got the card out in the front. Dunno why we still call it valentine's day, as it never (as long as i've lived) has had anything to do with martyred christians.

So i ended up closing by myself last night, i got everything shut down in time, and was out of there 5 minutes early. came home and played WoW for a good 4 hours. I'm on Firetree as Draile. I'm an Orc Warrior. :)

Could be a spot of fun before it gets to that point, though. I think Nute is due...

I'm not sure which fate would be worse:

To be miserable and depressed because the relationship you are in ends disasterously...

or:

To be miserable and depressed because you sat on your hands and the relationship never happened, and you are now fated to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if..."

As a long-time practitioner of option number 2, I highly recommend against it whenever possible. I suspect that the lasting, bitter emotion doesn't feel much better than what's behind door number one. And at least that way you can die knowing that at least you gave it a shot...

But then,.. look who's talking. :rolleyes:

Take my advice as the bitter ramblings of a too-old failure in all the ways of love that they truly are... and with the many, many grains of salt it deserves.

In other news: I have all my windows and doors open at the moment. It's currently in the mid-60s here now, and supposed to get a bit higher before the day is over.

This is just wrong.

I've got to take a shower and see if I can get myself out of the house for a brief trip to the store. I still don't feel all that great... but I'm running out of some things.

I'm not sure which fate would be worse:

To be miserable and depressed because the relationship you are in ends disasterously...

or:

To be miserable and depressed because you sat on your hands and the relationship never happened, and you are now fated to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if..."

I have extensive experience in both, and I promise you that option 1 is far, far worse.

Nute, your problem has been in closing the deal. If you want this girl, you gotta go for it. Make sure she knows your cards before any agreeing to move takes place, otherwise she will think you've been lying to her. The truth is that you want to be her boyfriend and you would be in favor of moving in together as her boyfriend.

of course, once you reveal this information, you probably wouldn't be able to move in with her as a good friend.

I guess that's probably a good advice. Just do it quick... like ripping off a band-aid.

Something tells me there might just be something there on her side as well, though... I don't really think women approach men to move in with them if they don't actually like them. I mean, they're not stupid... She must know you are harboring some feelings for her by this point (unless you are truly the greatest actor that the human race has ever created...), and yet she still offered this arrangement. She must know that if you did move in together that you would probably see it as an invitation to different things of some sort...

Perhaps this could be her way of forcing your hand into making a long-delayed move?

Anyway,.. since I'm out of my element, ("Shut the **** up, Donnie!") this will probably be the last I have to say on this particular subject...

Despite my still sickly status, I managed to get some grocery shopping done, and I started my laundry. I was out of everything. Far more dirty clothes than baskets to carry them in... (and I have a LOT of baskets, since I usually go so very long between doing it...)

I re-watched some DVDs between loads: A couple of episodes of "Band Of Brothers" (was this like the best series ever produced for TV or what?!??) and "Intolerable Cruelty" (One of the very first things I reported watching back on the day we started these threads back in '05, I believe. I desperately needed a Zeta-Jones fix. God she's luscious! Oh... plus that signature snappy Coen brothers dialog... but mostly Catherine, if truth be told... Just like I mainly watch Mythbusters these days to see Kari. The rest of the show is just gravy...)

My bedroom window is still open at this hour, letting in fresh air. This is just bizarre. And wrong. Just so very, very wrong.

it's like florida winter. though tonight is a bit cold out.

uhm...work was alright, last hour i just bullshat on the damn computer training stuff for like 20 minutes before getting further bored and just walking around the store looking at merchandise, making sure it was safe.

Finally got home at around 11:20, my landlords had my parents and sister over for pizza and were kind enough to let a few slices for me, so i had that...was starving as my bank account is nearly drained and all i could afford for lunch (at 6pm) was a salad.

My landlords also let me borrow 'Lady in the Water' I liked it, not as good as the village....if i would've seen it sooner i would've been laughing because of that one customer at walmart and my coworker saying 'his needle is stuck'......but it's just not as funny anymore.

uhm...I took a motrin before going to work, and i dunno after i got there it was like i was quick at getting work done, as i got there and like not even a minute, BAM i'm by myself for like 45 minutes, dealing w/the customers+film processing+having to get 2 day develop film...but it wasn't too busy at least, I'm still getting tired of the place. Think I set a record in time stayed the longest or something. Let's see, the only other job i stayed at for over a year was pizza hut, that was...from november 2002-march 2004, 1 year and 4 months. walmart i started like june 2005, and it's january 2007, so beat my record by TWO months. It feels like I have been working there forever. Things will brighten up in a month or so.....because my satisfaction is ****ing guaranteed, bitch!

There's a lot of stuff about the whole thing I need to find out, like if she was even serious about it, before I really start trying to figure it out. After the first time she mentioned it, it seemed like it had been sort of a throw away comment. I had just dropped a class and was forced to have to come back for spring 07 to pick up my final last i'll be done forever college class and was telling her that I'd really miss her when she left in march. She'd mentioned "its too bad you didn't graduate or you could move to florida with me." A few weeks before that she'd mentioned me helping her move down there. I'd said "ha, that'd be weird" and quickly changed the subject! Then like two weeks later, she said something like "i wish you could move to florida with me" in front of her parents after I'd mentioned that I was going to be spending new years in tampa.

also you may notice that I can't actually move there anyhow, because I couldn't move anywhere at all until the end of may whereas she moves in early march

Wal*Mart: America's scourge on the national landscape... but sometimes it's a necessary evil...

Still doing laundry. Yup, my life is a regular laugh-a-minute thrill-fest! :dozey:(or is it "Thrill-a-minute laugh-fest"? Both ways work, I guess... either way: it is festering...)

Been listening all afternoon to the internet radio station I set up a few years ago that I had just about completely forgotten about in recent years.

I'm sure none of you are the slightest bit interested, but here's the link to it anyway since I have nothing else going on at the moment: http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1134740860

I think I'm starting to feel better... just in time to go back to work. :rolleyes: How fair is that? My weekend was totally wasted.

Oh well... I did manage to clog the in-boxes of a couple of unsuspecting individuals with massive attachments this weekend. That should prove entertaining when they go to open their e-mail the first time Monday morning. Heh heh heh...

:joy:

another boring day...did my 100 pushups, ate a little breakfast, headed to work, came home for lunch so i may need to risk an overdraft charge because gas is running kinda low, and i get payed thursday...not sure how long it takes for credit to go through. went back to work, and it was slow for 3 hours so i went home 15 mins early. played some WoW, got my warrior to level 8, logged off, and was browsing for info on the military police corps. now im gonna go to set my alarm for 6am, go to sleep, and do it all over again.

My knees are hurting aweful bad, glucosomine condroidant didnt' work so i'll have to go with the gluco sulfate one, as that worked. i read at wikipedia that that is made out of shells or something. weird.

hope my knees can heal up. This thursday, I think I'll buy myself a new pair of running shoes, and some pants for running. I need to get my body into shape before the end of march or i'll be a no-go for the military. then again, if the army doesn't accept me i'll just say **** it and go to the air force. I do think i'll be good to go for the army by beginning of april...but i'm not holding my breath, just going to do my best at getting back to full strength and see what i want to do by then.

Bleargh.

Barely slept again last night. This time I've got to drag my sorry carcass into work, however. Hopefully it will be a short and slow day.

There goes my decaffeinated streak, though... :rolleyes:

Personally, 15, the Air Force would have always been my first choice for service... even though with my eyesight in the state it is there was never any hope to become a pilot.

But that's just me...

15, if you have knee problems, and they are in your medical records, you may need to fill out forms for an exemption, I had to because I had surgery on my left femur. They really dont wanna pay for medical stuff that they didnt cause, or lose your service due to a very foreseable injury.

Nute: um thats pretty wierd, might as flesh it out, tell her, shes leaving ANYWAYS so it its a big NO........who cares

ed: I would only ever consider the air force if you were flying, although a coworked did special inv./spec ops there, but hes a rarity in the AF.....also did a 2.5 year tour for the IDF that the AF let him out for 2.5 years for.

I start going back to school today, just one class, its just wierd thats all, thought I was mostly done with this BS in my life now........

one week with no contact with the gf down, one to go,

she thinks its wierd that I got grouchy that she bitches we arent seeing each other for a week and really misses me, but she made the choice to wait till today to come back to school and not stop to see me( her parents live north of me, school is south) and she bitched all day yesterday she was bored and had nothing to do, telling her that her boredom and lack of seeing me is of her own doing made her grouchy and cry-y.............women...........I swear, if it werent for the joy of sex and the stupid sense of attachment...............

When i'm older i might be thinking of joining the army but not as a private maybe an officer.

FYI that requires college, just so ya know.

I feel the need to rant about women, that last sentence of mine just made me more annoyed.......bringing it back up that is......

I guess this time its really my gf more than women in general, the general overemotionalness is greatly shown by her.

Not that I am that upset that she didnt leave home early, she had her reasons initally, then was stuck with it mostly and couldnt change her mind. She decided later she didnt wanna go re-see some of her fam before she left(she has really annoying younger cousins) but her mom went ahead and made plans for all of them a week in advance. really its the gf's fault for deciding so late and planning so poorly ahead, and she knew right away she wanted to avoid not seeing each other so much over break. but planned to not stop to see me anyways, 4 weeks ago. I just said whatever its up to you then and still do......but reserve my right to bitch about not seeing other as it was her choice not mine, I drove up to her place last week for new years and spent a fairly large amount of $$$ to do so.

so I calmly explained that us not seeing other this weekend was her choice, I simply coulnt afford to drop tons of cash on food and gas again with my brothers wedding out of state in 2 weeks, me taking her with and paying for it.....

Plus, if would be silly to drive 2.5 hours up there just to leave yesterday and have her drive past my ****ing house today on her way to school. Giant waste of gas and gas money.

This was an epiphany to her, that us not seeing eachother this weekend is mostly due to a choice she conciously made a month ago without remotely thinking of the reprocussions of it at all. She has very little ability to plan anything ahead while considering outside circumstances and its ill effects, which is why I had to plan out our new years 3 different times because 'confiicts' that have alway existed in her schedule came to mind at odd times, that should have been layed out before I bothered to plan it out. Then proceded to make plans for us contrary to the schedule already lined up so some of the previous plans had to be cancelled. Its really her only flaw, planning and thinking ahead, its just awful. luckily it doesnt happen often at all I guess. but it really makes planning things ahead awful for me becuase its almost pointless. We talked about taking a vacation over spring break pretty seriously and had mentioned places and I looked at costs, only to have her tell her mom she planned to be home over spring break while I was there, cuz she had forgot we were making plans..........but she wants to go over the summer, I'll try and wait to plan this until she tells her mom she'll be home for every major weekend that we could vacation for the summer so I dont do work for no reason prolly. Having to reserve your gf's time and constantly remind her that she cant make those plans is annoying I guess, its mostly with her mom, which I wouldnt usualyl complain about, except her and her mom fight alot, and mom keeps telling her we dont have a very serious relationship and that it prolly wont last, this has been since we spoke of anything serious around her at 7 months, and the end of month 12 is 3 weeks away. Coming from a woman that got married at 18, divored at 40, and married the only guy she dated since the divorce, who is kind of a prick, a great relationship advisor............

but she has a weekness to tell her mom she will do what she wants to avoid fights, the other end of this is that she has to beg her mom to LOAN her money to pay bills so she can go to school she got her tuition paid for by securing a scholoarship for tuition, which her mom wouldnt help with, and has to beg for help for rent/bills/tuition. I put the gas in her tank to see me when she drives to see me, pay for meals etc so that her having a bf basically has no impact on her basically emtpy wallet, and her mom still says things about not seeing me if she doesnt have the money even though she knows I bankroll the trips.

Sometimes peoples ****ed up families just really miff me, I have a very veyr stable family life, hell, after a fight witha landlord my parents told me to just move home and ditch the lease, and are now telling me to NOT move out knowing I am paying off a loan from school too, to save money from rent and use it to pay off school, and use to go back and get job qualifications. Her mom wants her to move home after school she says, but treats her like crpa most of the time she is home because she infringes on her life with her new husband, who treats my gf like ****. I guess I am spoiled as **** on that side of the deal so most everyone elses family looks awful or something, atleast with the girls I date. She acts even worse when I am around, the step dad talks to me far more than the mom ever does.

but thats my rant, my disclaimer is that really my gf doesnt piss me off that much, its just been fairly repressed and I miss her, and her mom gets on my nerves and jammed her nose in our business alot last weekend. And once i get going......its hard to stop.

but yes, so when I told her that in fact we didnt see each other because she decided we werent going to weeks ago, she got really upset and started crying, even though I was very clear that I was upset, and that I am not mad, but that she decided to leave when she did and she didnt do anything at all this weekend but bitch to me that she was bored, she could have gotten everything done to come back to school saturday, if not earlier, becuase she was bored all week she said too, calling me like 8 times a day at work to say hi and chit chat, then should could have tried to do the crap with her mom saturday instead and left sunday, or been ready to go sunday at 3 when she got done getting manicures with her mom and aunt and left, but she decided to watch 35 hours of TLC reruns, and thats cool its her vacation, but she made the choice, she started crying and apolozing and saying she was really sad and blah blah blah.

I'm probably a bad person for that, cuz I knew that was the likely outcome, but she wanted to know why I was 'being a grouch'

I also apologize for the poor flow that probably exists, I had to stop and do stuff a few times since I am work reintalling a machine, and the stupid input box is too small to really re-read it for clarity w/o posting it first

Archived