Home

WTF of the year (so far)

jon_hill987

Honestly not too surprising. As a former player of swg, I have seen how people react to things concerning their characters. It's really a product of mmo's, as the guy said, he put 100's of days playing that character and probably thousands of hours. To me, this was something that was only a matter of time.

That being said, I agree..the guy is nuts.

I think he's an idiot for falling for a phishing scam, but as a WoW player myself, I would be pretty pissed to find a character of that level gone. Don't think I would go to those heights to get back at the guy that did it though.

This almost beats the thread with the post about the guy that tried to get someones steam account, and ended up getting his information stolen instead.

Almost.

I hope he does bust the phisher though.

olol

Nothing beats that thread.

whats phishing? anyways.... WTF?!?!

It's setting up fake websites designed to look exactly like a legitimate one. For example, a site where you would have to enter sensitive information - credit card, bank account, social security, etc. A victim is then lead to the fake site through something like an e-mail or something.

Hope that explains it.

whats phishing? anyways.... WTF?!?!

just like how it sounds. its when you get an e-mail, Instant Message, or message in any inbox asking about your credit card numbers or personal information. it happens alot on myspace. (i.e- the stupid bulletins) but if your foolish enough to give some stranger 10,000+ miles away your personal information, then you deserve whats coming!

It's not like someone just sent them a message that said, "Please give me your account information so I can steal from you." These things are made to look very real, and fool many people.

Oh, by the way, could someone please give me your credit card number so I can steal from you? :p

Sucks to be him, and I have to feel a wee bit sorry for the guy, but come on. The WoW part is simply ridiculous.

I am a man who is not concerned with money (which is why I play World of Warcraft all day), so I found an Investigative Research firm to locate the one who sent me this e-mail! One of the best in the Eastern United States. Sure, it seems a little far fetched over a computer game. But, it’s a computer game that I invested 286 days of my life in to. So, it is just the principal of the thing.
:rofl:

So in other words, he's never had a game for more than 286 days? I've had Silent Hunter III, for one, for far more than that now.

Sucks to be him, and I have to feel a wee bit sorry for the guy, but come on. The WoW part is simply ridiculous.

:rofl:

So in other words, he's never had a game for more than 286 days? I've had Silent Hunter III, for one, for far more than that now.

I'm pretty sure he means he's spent 6864 hours in-game, playing, not played the game over 286 days. Just think how much of his life he spent playing WoW. :-|

He told me that back when he was a senior in college, he would literally have full weekend 55 hour or so LAN parties including about 8 hours of sleep (at the most) between Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

THAT is insane.

Oh, and that 28 days is only on one character as well.

Archived