Home

new addon for FOC?

Solid Snake

Someone posted how to re-enable the original EAW campaigns to work with the new FoC expansion rather easy with renaming the file 'Single Player Galactic Campaign' file XML. I just forgot where I read it at here on this forum.

Over at the Petroglyph forums there's a guy (Commander Loony) who has made it so you can download a .zip file and install all the original GC maps and play them in FoC, plus two new GC maps he made himself. I'm using them and they're working fine. Highly recommended for those who want to play the old maps as well.

i hope there is 1 currently in the making & there should be the reb & emp campaigns like in the original game:)

The reason why there was no Rebel or Empire campaign in FOC was because the petroglyph developers wanted to focus on one single length stories, rather than have three short stories, plus, you have to consider the production costs, and the time they have to do the hole project.

Calm down, there isn't a new add on that adds imp and rebel campaigns to FOC. I mean, for christs sake, the developers just finished FOC, why would they be talking about another add on at this stage, the boys at petroglyph are doing the unnanounced project with SEGA.
You never know what they haven't announced though ;) Hopefully there will be another EaW game or x-pack in the future.

You never know what they haven't announced though ;) Hopefully there will be another EaW game or x-pack in the future.

If there is a new game or x-pac in the works, lets hope this time that it caters to all SW fans, and not just the old farts who love the OT. :p (note: I am kidding)

Anyway does this mod that has been released allow the playing of the original EaW Rebel and Imperials campaigns through FoC?

not just the old farts who love the OT.

Old fart? I'm 22! And the original Star Wars movies are some of the best films in cinema history...while the last three were just summer blockbuster fluff for the kiddies.

(Okay, well, I'll grant you that Revenge of the Sith brought the prequels back up to par with the originals. But that was only barely.)

As I've said a couple times, I hope they don't make a "Republic at War" sequel, because prequel era storytelling isn't really suited to the RTS genre.

Old fart? I'm 22! And the original Star Wars movies are some of the best films in cinema history...while the last three were just summer blockbuster fluff for the kiddies.

As I've said a couple times, I hope they don't make a "Republic at War" sequel, because prequel era storytelling isn't really suited to the RTS genre.

Pffft, ANH is actually pretty bad, and RotJ isn't great. ESB is good, though not quite as good as RotS.

Anyway an RTS isn't based on good storytelling, it's based on good gameplay. In the prequel era we have a conflict that is largely untold through the films, and is of a nature far greater in scope than the OT. Besides, Galactic Battlegrounds managed to do a good job of both the OT and PT, so I don't see how it would be a problem.

Archived