Home

Cantina Bastila

It occurred to me that since I used a twilek model (that contains the dance animations) for my Bodysuit Bastila mod, that I would like to see Bastila actually dance. So here it is. This will put a smart mouthed Bastila lookalike up on stage in place of one of the twilek models in Javyar's Cantina on Taris. This really doesn't fit into the storyline - it was just for fun. (I wanted to see Bastila dance, and then I added some dialog options, and somehow it turned into this.)

Download this from my FileFront page.

Version 1.01 (newest) is available from my web site.

Can now be downloaded from

Nexus Mods

Deadly Stream

Hmm I can't seem to get it to work.

I installed as per instructions, but keep crashing as I enter the Cantina.

So I tried to replace original Bastila with the new head and body models - the body works fine; however the head causes the game to crash... :(

Hmm I can't seem to get it to work.

I installed as per instructions, but keep crashing as I enter the Cantina.

So I tried to replace original Bastila with the new head and body models - the body works fine; however the head causes the game to crash... :(

Do you have the 1.03 patch installed? Most people that have problems with my mods are running unpatched games.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wonderin if you could help me out? i Can't get Bastila to show up in the cantina.

I've got the 1.03 patch installed , I'm also running Bodysuit Bastila 3.1 but that works sweet. The game runs fine, bastila just doesn't show up in the cantina and both Twi'leks r still there.

Just wonderin if you could help me out? i Can't get Bastila to show up in the cantina. I've got the 1.03 patch installed , I'm also running Bodysuit Bastila 3.1 but that works sweet. The game runs fine, bastila just doesn't show up in the cantina and both Twi'leks r still there.

If you've already been in the cantina it won't work. If you go in and you don't get the cutscene with Calo Nord and the three Vulkars? then you've already been in the cantina before and it WILL NOT WORK. Why? These things have already been saved into your save game. You'll have to find a save from before you actually entered this cantina.

oh ok. I got it workin now, can't believe it was that simply.

Cheers. Great mod by the way

Glad you got it working :)

Tried installing this mod and had problem similiar to lactose's. I walk into cantina (for 1st time)and and game freezes up at point where Calo tells the 3 BHs to go away. No other mods in OR folder and patch installed.

Since lactose_ never posted any further replies I had assumed it was fixed. But, since your the second user to report this, I'll try an empty override and a new game and see if I can duplicate the problem or come up with something. You might want to check your other folders, including kotor base folder because K1 WILL read mods from other folders besides the override. Meaning if you have removed mods by putting them in the Kotor main directory or something it may not work. I have read where some mission vao mods might cause a crash here. If I can't reproduce the error with a new game with no other mods, then I really won't be able to help you I'm afraid. But I will post my results (whether I find anything or not) as soon as I can.

Well, I reinstalled the game, patched it and installed ONLY the cantina mod. Still getting the same problem. Might it be a hardware problem? Graphics card is an NVIDIA G4MX. Also, after patching game, got message that apparently only 448 RAM being utilized (not rec'd 512). Can't think of anything else.

^^^^^

I completely cleared my overrride and saves folder, installed Cantina Bastila and started a new game. I went and got the sith armor, then went straight to Javyar's Cantina. Everything worked like it was supposed to. Although, I did notice something in the dialog that needs fixing, because one of the best parts got left out due to my own error. Anyway, I don't know what to say. What did you do before you got there?

Actually I do have one thought. If you have Kotor Tool or a 2da editor try this:

Open the appearance.2da in the override and scroll down to the last entry. The 'label' column should contain the value Cantina_Bastila. Scroll over to the column labeled 'normalhead'. If you have no other mods installed it should read 107. Regardless of what the value is change it to 0 (The number zero). Save the file and try the game again. If this solves the problem then it is indeed the head model.

Here's what I did after being stranded on Taris. Confronted the sith in hallway, went straight over to other apts to get Sith armor and then went to lower city area, confronted BVs and straight to cantina. Walked in triggered confrontation between Calo et al and that's where it freezes up. Will have to get KOTOR tool again to try your suggestion. Anyway, thanks.

Here's what I did after being stranded on Taris. Confronted the sith in hallway, went straight over to other apts to get Sith armor and then went to lower city area, confronted BVs and straight to cantina. Walked in triggered confrontation between Calo et al and that's where it freezes up. Will have to get KOTOR tool again to try your suggestion. Anyway, thanks.
If I'm following you right, it's freezing while progressing in the module. If that's the case, is it possible that you installed the TSL models in the K1 game? If that happened, believe me your game will freeze as soon as the model spawns. Sometimes models (or NPC's) won't spawn when entering a module, but as soon as you progress to a certain point, it will and that could be the case here.

Doesn't this mod do both K1 and TSL? If that's the case, the TSL Patcher be accidently putting in TSL models into K1. You would just need to get the K1 version of the models and override them manually.

^^^^^

I completely cleared my overrride and saves folder, installed Cantina Bastila and started a new game. I went and got the sith armor, then went straight to Javyar's Cantina. Everything worked like it was supposed to. Although, I did notice something in the dialog that needs fixing, because one of the best parts got left out due to my own error. Anyway, I don't know what to say. What did you do before you got there?

Actually I do have one thought. If you have Kotor Tool or a 2da editor try this:

Open the appearance.2da in the override and scroll down to the last entry. The 'label' column should contain the value Cantina_Bastila. Scroll over to the column labeled 'normalhead'. If you have no other mods installed it should read 107. Regardless of what the value is change it to 0 (The number zero). Save the file and try the game again. If this solves the problem then it is indeed the head model.

Well.................the head module doesn't appear to be the problem. I installed your mod (after changing 2da file) and ran smack into same problem. Once the mod was uninstalled, it played like normal. It may well be the graphics card. When I installed the KOTOR patch (1.03), I was informed that the graphics card requirements failed to pass muster (though the game plays anyway). ehh....I tried.

@Shem--wasn't aware that TSL files were included in this particular mod.

I completely cleared my overrride and saves folder, installed Cantina Bastila and started a new game. I went and got the sith armor, then went straight to Javyar's Cantina. Everything worked like it was supposed to. Although, I did notice something in the dialog that needs fixing, because one of the best parts got left out due to my own error.

Just out of curiosity, have you patched the mod and uploaded a new version?

Just out of curiosity, have you patched the mod and uploaded a new version?

Not yet. I was hoping to get Totenkopf's crashing issue sorted out. I can't reproduce the error, though.

@Shem - This is a K1 only mod.

Well.................the head module doesn't appear to be the problem. I installed your mod (after changing 2da file) and ran smack into same problem.

If you did this like you said then the installer undid the changes you made. Install the mod first then edit the appearance.2da.

@Shem - This is a K1 only mod.
Oh, okay. I did notice that some of your mods were for both KOTOR games. I guess I'm thinking of another Bastila mod you made that you do that. If it's not a model thing, then I would guess an appearance.2da thing.

Update to version 1.01

• Fixed a script error arming carth.
  • Fixed a missing dialog feature if Bastila is not present.
  • Provided an alternate head model that may fix a crashing issue.
  • Provided an interface to Bioware's cheat bot so you can add Bastila without having to go get her.

If you've already installed version 1.0, all you need to do to update is copy the file tar_m03ae.mod from the tslpatchdata folder to your kotor modules folder. (replacing the one already there.)

Version 1.01 (newest) is currently only available from my web site.

Archived