Home

The Ninth Year

I say, I say

You could try playing it in another language to get another kind of feel. I'm planning to get a German version as soon as I get a little money. You may also put it away for a while, let it get dusted and then play it again.

It's been over three years since I last played Year 3 and Year 4, and I've forgotten lots. I'm staying away from it a while longer and then playing it again to see what it feels like.

I've played it in spanish and it's really funny. The game itself has spanish touches, so it is great if you play it all in spanish :p

Unfortunately, I remember everything =( // I've played it 2 or 3 years ago and remember every detail about it.. GRRRRRR :@

I just wish I forgot how to solve the puzzles.. I remember myself the first time I played it. I liked it so much it was soo cool.

I liked (and still liking) everything about it.. Story, characters, graphics, style.. Music! Absolutely everything.

I just hope there is a 2nd part.. What happened to Glottis? How does the Ninth Underworld look like!? There are soooooo many things that are left to be told..

I just damn the day Lucas Arts started making those Star Wars games!! It completely forgot about the importance of those games they used to make.. Thoe games that made them become what they are.. I think they forgot about MI, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, and, OF COURSE! GF!

I miss Manny so much ='(

I feel nostalgic about it all as well, but I think it should stay as it is. Grim's story, gameplay, characters, everything was perfect and doing a sequel would kill its legacy IMO.

Not if its a good story.

Monkey island games were all great games (except the 4th one, wich was kinda more like crap).

I think that if they do a great plot such as in the first one, it would be a great game.. The game still has some unanswered questions.......

And I want to know the answers!

We've discussed sequels many times in the past, but I can't help throwing my two cents in.

I think that if there ever were to be a sequel, it should have new main characters with possible cameos by older ones. I'd actually like to play as one of Hector's lower henchmen who was in it just for the money, not because he was evil or something. He probably didn't even know what the big bosses were doing, he just did his job. With Hector gone, he would have fallen from grace and would have to struggle to make it in the Land of the Dead until he happens upon something big, like Manny did. I think that kind of story has lots of potential for character growth.

This would also be sensible because then new players could get into the game right away without having played the first.

Archived