Home

A couple of Vader questions

Nancy Allen``

This seems to be the best place to ask this as there'd be nothing in the movies about it. I'm looking at writing a fic and had a couple of questions about our fave Dark Lord of the Sith.

1. Has anyone ever referred to Vader as Anakin? I think maybe only Palpatine had, but maybe someone else in the expanded universe who knows who Vader is.

2. Has anyone taken Vader to task over him killing Padme? And what was his reaction if either instance occured?

I'm guessing the answer to both is a big no, no one would be brave enough to do so. But one of the things I was looking at doing, particularly with the Padme thing, was to have old wounds opened up for Vader and portray him in something of a sympathetic light.

that's what I was thinking, that it would affect him in a decidedly un Vader like way.

Were the Stormtroopers clones? It may be just me but they seemed to have more...wits maybe, than the typical Clone Trooper who only followed orders and fight. Stormtroopers chatted with each other and I remember once they even chatted about one of them competing in swoop races.

Were the Stormtroopers clones? It may be just me but they seemed to have more...wits maybe, than the typical Clone Trooper who only followed orders and fight. Stormtroopers chatted with each other and I remember once they even chatted about one of them competing in swoop races.

I noticed that to. The Stormie's are probably just men with suit's on, though. They seem to get along with each other instead of standing still like a Clone Trooper.

The Clone Trooper who narrates Battlefront explains this, after a group of Clones turned on the Empire they drew their model not just on Jango Fett but from an increasing amount of participents. Likely top soldiers who they hoped would make top Stormtroopers. "We never did get used to the new guys" was how he put it. Some of them had to have been recruited though, the officers definetly, even if the Clone Commanders had more naunce than the basic grunt the Imperial officer classes were definetly human. Too human, not only did they bicker as seen in ANH once than once Vader took his anger out on them for their mistakes.

Realistic answer? Up until Episode 2 the only mention of the Clone Wars was of Obi Wan serving in them. The idea of having cloned warriors was never really brought about. Canon? Now that you mention it if a Guri (Xizor's personal assistent) costs a mere million credits and the Clone Troopers were, I think it's safe to say, if not open knowledge then at least a well known secret, then it's a wonder why this hasn't been explored. A lot of people can afford it: Xizor, Tyris Zann, Jabba the Hutt, even Boba Fett or maybe the empire can dosh up some special clones. But there is one idea why Jedi haven't been, they seem to disappear when they die. Obi Wan, Yoda, others arn't seen to but this might explain why some big Twi'lek fan hadn't cloned Aayla for example.

A lot of people can afford it: Xizor, Tyris Zann, Jabba the Hutt, even Boba Fett or maybe the empire can dosh up some special clones. But there is one idea why Jedi haven't been, they seem to disappear when they die. Obi Wan, Yoda, others arn't seen to but this might explain why some big Twi'lek fan hadn't cloned Aayla for example.

You mean Tyber Zann, not Tyris Zann.

Mmm, my awnser for no one ever bothering cloning Jedi, is that I dont think that the Jedi would let that happen. I mean, who would want to be cloned? Not the Jedi, I tell you. Maybe they dont believe that the Force could be cloned, like the soul. I think that they only used the clones because they were already at disposal and the time was ripe. In peaceful times, that wouldnt have happened, and the Council would have never allowed it.

Well, from the examples we had, it seems that most Force sensitives go crazy when cloned, then again it might be the process it has been used.

The emperor's clone is a special case though, since most people don't make bodys as spirit transfer.

The only successful force sensitive clone I can think of is that 88(or whatever number) guy who is actually a defect from a bunch of non force sensitive samples.

Then again, why are people not experimenting with it? Lots of people would be happy to do some sentient experiments, and for others, there are loads of creatures to test from.

a million cloned jedi ewoks with colorful lightsabers and yelling chubchub on the battlefield...

Hmm that the Jedi clones go crazy would be a good answer. And they still would retain their force ability...just as Joruus Caboth and Luuke Skywalker did.

I dont know; if I were a clone that was force sensitive, I might be a little looney too, confused, or whatever.

The cloned emperor, i dunno, i don't think that is really canon anymore; not like it used.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn that would be hot hot hot :3

Kinda of sad that not much is shown about Jan Ors after the JK series(don't see much of her in JA) And for other EU, there is only this (possably infinite) comic about her helping out Katarn, and once again refusing marriage. And, whassup with her cyborg hand anyways?

Since Aayla has a strong fan base and a dozen or so comics even before she was in the films, and then only for half a dozen seconds, yeah I'd like to hear more on Jan Ors as well. I'm not sure what if anything there is of her being a double agent but that would be most interesting. Maybe her being more involved in the Dark Forces games (since she was really the whole point in Jedi Outcast).

Archived