Home

FoC Patch 1.2 suggestions thread

wedge2211

I already wanted this in the Original EaW but please; stop the Nebulon B from having a super shield :S I mean, for the mon cal's it's ok, but why does that stupid nebulon ship has a super-powerfull shield?

yeah or atleast lover the time for it

I already wanted this in the Original EaW but please; stop the Nebulon B from having a super shield :S I mean, for the mon cal's it's ok, but why does that stupid nebulon ship has a super-powerfull shield?

Do you have a particular rationale in mind? What would you replace the Nebulon-B's shield boost with?

• 3 months later...
Does AI use capital ships? so far they haven't built one...they just make fleets out of the heroes.

The AI not using capital ships is certainly a problem ... but actually, what annoys me more in GC (hard AI) is the fact that the computer seems to hesitate far too much to attack heavily fortified planets ... At least that was my impression. They almost never seemed to attack planets with a full garrison of 8 troops - even if they had more than enough troops to do so. Oh yes ... and the good old corruption problem. The AI tends to spend their credits with both hands when it deals with it. As the consortium, the AI spreads corruption way too fast. Against the consortium, the corruption is eliminated way too fast ...

That, combined with the fact that in GC all consortium heroes are already available at tech level 1 feels pretty unatmospheric (not to mention problematic) to me.

Unit balance however is a tricky thing ... I don't feel knowledgeable enough yet to comment much on it ... other than a general feeling that yes, the Consortium still seems slightly overpowered. These mobile rocket launchers, for example, are REAAAAALLY strong ... but as there are many viable ways to deal with them, I'm not quite sure that they are the main problem. It's more a general thing. To me, it seems like they get rich a tad too quickly in skirmish, have many units that are just a tad too strong, exceedingly deadly (...o.k. ... also very expensive) turrets and very powerful heroes.

Speaking of bugs ... has anyone else experienced the following?

- Bomb-carrying Ewoks not disappearing after being killed

- the ability to land flying darktroopers INSTANTLY (superman would have a heart attack if he tried it that fast) by pressing S

- and sometimes Mara Jade (seemed to be only her) tended to get stuck on a Skirmish map and didn't respond to commands anymore ... it's been a while since I noticed that one - perhaps it was linked to that specific map

• 1 month later...

I'd really like that for the space skirmish battle there could be a peacetime so that the enemy can get pop out some nice capital ships, cos my ally keeps on blowing to bits their space station and when im alone its boring cos its not a huge battle. I'd also like the maximum number of units to go up cos it really gets boring only having 5 star destroyers/Mon calamari cruisers.

hope you fix this! :lsduel:

My feeling is there is no consideration for another patch. Not yet anyway. And if one is released in the short term it will only be a bug fix and not change units. I havent seen too much cheating in the way of GC although I have heard of some nasty stories from players playing on hard. Sure the AI likes to use big fleets but they are not invincible. Its skirmish that the AI does not play fair. It seems that even if you take out all the enemies mines and even supply depot, they receive decent income to keep them competitive. I have seen instances where they have been without income for some time and still been able to call in reinforcements such as Vengeance frigates and aggressors which are not cheap (let alone being able to upgrade tech). I went looking for such a script but couldnt find anything.

Just one other thing about the AI that i remembered; enemy rebel AI never seems to produce Mon Cals. I played a huge game recently and was at tech 5 halfway through and running around with SSD and DS2 and despite throwing huge fleets at me the only MC I saw was Ackbar. Keldabes get produced but are rare. To be honest, I dont recall the Empire AI building many ISDs either, though in the game i played they were being bled white by the ZC.

hey ppl i dont get it, if you have all the mines, then you can afford a decent fleet, and if your enemy pops in with more ships it makes it even more interesting so what's the big deal? On my copy I've had awesome battles with loads of MCs and ISDs, if you manage to keep your ally away from their space station and mining facilities, it can get very interesting.

Yet i have noticed on some maps the AI is better than on others... For eg:

Hoth Conflict and The Maw Installation: On Hoth, as the imperials, we were getting our butts handed to us yet on The Maw Installation, we owned the rebels... The AI is smart enough to use the battlefield to their advantage in some cases and others not.

this is something that i really cant stand. when in a space GC battle, the retreating fleet seems to take twice as much damage and the attacking units move twice as fast. i find it annoying that when i'm retreating all of my frigates and capital ships lose their engines and cant retreat.

and doesn't anyone else feel that the rebels are too balanced with the empire. becuz i remember that before either game came out they were sayin that the rebels were suppose to have to rely on guerilla tactics while an imperial fleet was suppose to be able to conquer out of brute force. when playin the empire i can't do that. so wat i'm tryin to say is that the effectiveness of the rebel fleet should be decreased.

one more think, the DSII should look completed when it is well.... completed. it doesnt make since that the empire is running around the galaxy blowin up planets and ships with a half built super space station. maybe as a suggestion, when the death star reaches maybe 80% and the rebels attack, then it looks half completed with an operational laser. but once that thing is completed all i should see is a sphere space station with enough fire power to blow up an entire planet.

• 2 weeks later...

the only thing I really think is need for me other then maybe more consortium units (lessen the power overall) then to add in the random events, although I do see their logic with not in (consortium in theory create the events). But still there is needed to be events between the Rebels and Imperials in order for the game to be truely complete.

Archived