Home

Index Threads

Diego Varen

Recently, three of us writers over at the CEC have made Index Threads. Those three writers were CSI: Nihilus, Darth Grivis and myself. I think a new Sub-Forum in the CEC should be made called, Index Threads, where writers can post an Index Thread, if they are writing a series of Fanfics, like myself. However, I don't mean to be big headed, but my Index Thread is a perfect example of what one should look like. It should have lots of information, with links to everything related to it, etc and it could also have other information, like how the writer came up with the idea, etc. Sometime, I will write it in my Fic. I shall give more information when I have time, but what do you think?

Edit: Here are all the Index Threads:

CSI: Nihilus

Darth Grivis

Mine

Fics are already listed by author and title in the Archives. To be honest, I don't really see a need for the index threads, either, since you can see everything by looking down the page.

Any information pertaining to a particular fic should go in that particular fic's thread, anyway.

Edit:

After discussion with other moderators, it was decided that index threads are not necessary, so I am closing all index threads. Please put any indices in your fics and/or sigs. You could put this information in a final post in the thread, link that fic to the next in the series, or make a small list in your sig. Since the fics are already listed by both author and title in the Archives, and you have your own fics where you should put this information, this kind of thread is redundant. There's no need for someone to go to an index thread when they can just click on your fic instead, and going to an index thread and then to the fic actually adds an extra step to the process that makes it more work.

Archived