Home

The riddle thread

Rabish Bini

Here we can post our riddles and see if we can outsmart every Ahtonaut here. I'll start.

A man is ship-wrecked on a desert island. The only things he has in his possession are a flint, a can of lighter fuel, a penknife and a packet of cigarettes. How could he make a cigarette lighter?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...the answer is a coffin, but generally it goes "The person who makes it doesn't want it, the person who buys it doesn't use it, and the person that uses it doesn't know it." Or something to that affect.

I've no riddles off the top of my head, though almost any riddle one can come up with these days is actually an old riddle that most people know...so riddle threads always seem futile.

A man is ship-wrecked on a desert island. The only things he has in his possession are a flint, a can of lighter fuel, a penknife and a packet of cigarettes. How could he make a cigarette lighter?

How ever it would be done it will not work. The penknife will more than likely be made of stainless steel and if so, flint and stainless steel can not produce a spark. It must be plain steel to work.

What do you get if you divide 40 by a half and add 10 to the result?

1.) 40/0.5+10= 90

2.) 0.5/40+10= 10.0125

RIDDLE

Investigators are at a crime scene. A woman was found dead on her bed with a pair of scissors next to her. The reports showed that the body did not have any cuts, stab wounds, marks, or bruises any where. How did she die?

Heh, movie buffs should get this one:

As I was going to St. Ives,

I met a man with seven wives

every wife had seven sacks

every sack had seven cats

every cat had seven kittens

kittens cats sacks and wives

how many went to St. Ives?

Bonus if you name the movie it came from.

As I was going to St. Ives,

I met a man with seven wives

every wife had seven sacks

every sack had seven cats

every cat had seven kittens

kittens cats sacks and wives

how many went to St. Ives?

One. Only I went to St. Ives.

However, I do not consider the riddle sequence in KOTOR1 (in the Mysterious Box) to be part of a movie. But I have heard it before, so I assume it is quite common. [since KOTOR is not a movie, I do not get the bonus, sorry...]

Can't think of any riddles right now, but I will later.

Investigators are at a crime scene. A woman was found dead on her bed with a pair of scissors next to her. The reports showed that the body did not have any cuts' date=' stab wounds, marks, or bruises any where. How did she die?[/quote']

Drowned. Water bed.

Here's one that I just remebered from when I was ten:

Railroad crossings without any cars. Can you spell that without any r's?

t - h - a - t.

A River.

You are in a car. To the left of you there is a drop, to the right is a helicopter moving at the same level as you. Behind you is a fire engine and infront of you is an elephant. What do you do to get out of this precarious situation.

A River.

You are in a car. To the left of you there is a drop, to the right is a helicopter moving at the same level as you. Behind you is a fire engine and infront of you is an elephant. What do you do to get out of this precarious situation.

A: Get off the carousel :lol:

Q: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

Archived