Home

The riddle thread

Rabish Bini

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, those aren't going to do much, there are too many people here who read LOTR.

I have a math riddle. Let's say I'm playing a certain card game I know, of. I'm playing with a deck of fifty-one, so you can guarantee the answer isn't fifty-two. I draw a two-card doogie, get two tens, and we're using artificial light on Monday, so I draw a double doogie, which is one card. it's a jack, but there are four people sitting at the table, so I pass my turn. One person scores out with a royal fizzbin, but, as I said, it's Monday, and lucky for me that persons to my left, so I get a bonus draw. The other two people just took their two-card draws. I take my single doogie (now one card) get a nine, but since a have a bonus draw that'd just pink my fizzbin if I can get a queen. I take my card... and get a queen! So I'm first along with the guy to my left. We decide to make popcorn, so the other two people left in the game take two cards each, two from my hand and two from the deck. HOW MANY CARDS ARE LEFT IN THE DECK?

Looking back, maybe that riddle idea wan't so hot. Oh ,well, Don't answer right away, as it could take a little contemplating for ME to tigure out what the answer was. And it yoiu know where this card game comes from, let's keep it between us.

I am not going to answer this for I can't handle math at 10 in the morning :xp:

OK this is a Brownie Girl Scout riddle I know of. A girl was trying to find a Brownie since they are helpful people. She went to the edge of the lake and said this: Twist me and turn me and show me the Elf. I looked in the water and saw...

I didn't know that was from a LOTR book, what is it called, "The Hobbit"? I will search for it, here's another one:

I'm as small as an ant, as big as a whale. I'll approach like a breeeze, but can come like a gale. By some I get hit, but all have shown fear. I'll dance to the music, though I can't hear. Of names I have many, of names I have one. I'm as slow as a snail, but from me you can't run. What am I?

Archived