Home

The riddle thread

Rabish Bini

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AkumaSF

A train is travelling at 1km/hour. The train is 1km long. The train passes through a tunnel which is also 1km long. How long does it take for the train to get out of the tunnel?

Well...at the moment the front of the train enters, it will be 1 kilometer, thus 1 hour away from the exit. The rear end though, will be 1 kilometer + the 1 kilometer lenght away from the exit.

In total, it ought to take them 2 hours. :D

(Hell...I suck at pretending to know math :xp: )

Akuma: stop with the math please. I don't want to get into calculus, the math of rate of change.

I have another riddle. Those who know me know who I am talking about. Let's see if anyone can guess:

I believe in equality and I fight. Not always by the sword of might. My people praise me and gave me my name. Though to me I am always the same. My spirit burns with fire and earth from the day of my birth. I read the stars and see the light and always in my heart do what is right.

Anakin: You are right. That riddle was about my character Kirabaros whom I created in the fic Heart of the Guardian. What gave it away? The whole stars thing?

Akuma: I thought for sure you would get it. :)

OK. I have another riddle for you:

I speak in words of gifted tongues. I speak in words that have been sung. Here in this place I keep. And in words I can make you weep. In this place I keep what's mine. This place where people leave their sign.

If this is hard let me know and I might be generous and give a hint.

Good job Anakin you named the right one. Maybe it's because the riddle could apply to both but I have not really seen an RP give a feelign of pathos.

Here is another:

In this place a new light is streaming. In the fashion of everyone laughing. It has the songs that everyone knows but instead makes milk blow from your nose. Here in this place it has the words. And songs here will make your gut burst.

Archived