Home

The riddle thread

Rabish Bini

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It functions as a vowel, but is not one of the commonly accepted set of 5. So the word does indeed contain only one vowel, since 'y' is merely acting as a vowel and is not actually one. Though I'm tempted to disqualify you all, since the word is spelled "psychorhythms" and none of you were perceptive enough to catch the misspelling. :xp: That aside, I think 'strengths' is the better choice for longest one-vowel word, since it is commonly used, in the dictionary, and has no usage-related ambiguities like "psychorhythms" does.

It functions as a vowel, but is not one of the commonly accepted set of 5. So the word does indeed contain only one vowel, since 'y' is merely acting as a vowel and is not actually one. Though I'm tempted to disqualify you all, since the word is spelled "psychorhythms" and none of you were perceptive enough to catch the misspelling. :xp: That aside, I think 'strengths' is the better choice for longest one-vowel word, since it is commonly used, in the dictionary, and has no usage-related ambiguities like "psychorhythms" does.

Lol! Now, now, you american (or any other english-speaking people) guys really even think about considering "Y", a (or "an", I dunno) vowel!?

Lol! Now, now, you american (or any other english-speaking people) guys really even think about considering "Y", a (or "an", I dunno) vowel!?

Well of course y is a vowel... how could it not be? Like in my real name... the letter y is a vowel... it makes the e sound...

My last question still stands

I live, but I do not breathe... I sleep most of the time and am active during winter.

What am I?

Archived