Home

Darkside Character Creation

Rockstar

Hi everyone,

I've just finished the lightside of the game and i've got a few questions.

1) if you have force persuade+domination do you need persuade points at all?

2) for a SOLO sith would a guardian be better or a sentinal

3) is charisma of much use at all to a dark sider?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Charisma on K2 gives you more influence options with your party, and lets you use LS powers like heal at a lesser penalty.

I prefer Sentinel for my DSM Exile, as they go heavy on the skills and moderate on the feats. Guardians get more feats, but their skill points are awful.

Force Persuade is not available in every situation you need to grease the servos. It's ALWAYS a handy skill in Knights.

:holosid:I am a big Sith fan:dev10: , I personally always use a guardian when I am going to be a Sith:sithm: , they are better fighting and the force jump gives me more emotions , I recommend more the guardian , but it is your choice. Sentinel are more like to be a Sith assassins , the stealth an the special skill’s.:saberr:

Hi everyone,

I've just finished the lightside of the game and i've got a few questions.

1) if you have force persuade+domination do you need persuade points at all?

2) for a SOLO sith would a guardian be better or a sentinal

3) is charisma of much use at all to a dark sider?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

1) There's a number of persuade circumstances where you're trying to charm jedi or sith who are immune to force persuade trick, so yes, persuade is always useful.

2) Meh. Go consular and pump up your wisdom and charisma. Way more fun. But if I was stuck with sent vs. guardian, go guardian. Sentinel is the "jack of all trades but master of none" character class, and I honestly used it once and never bothered with it again.

3) Charisma also helps your persuade options and helps boost your force powers. Essential for heavy force users.

For DS, I always go with Consular then when the time comes, I become a Sith Lord. There is literally pretty much nothing that can resist your Force powers once you get up to about level 25.

If you must chose between Sentinel and Guardian, then I would go with Sentinel. The high skill points you get each level are really helpful, and Sentinels are automatically immune to powers like Insanity or Stasis Field.

A Guardians special feat is Force Jump that allows you to get to your enemy quickly and maybe cause a bit more damage than usual. That's not a great feat IMHO. Also, the skill progression for Guardians really can't get any slower.

1) Certainly. Dominate Mind and Persuade options are NOT one and the same. There are times where there simply won't be Dominate mind options while there are persuade options, and there are also times where Dominate simply can't help you. Force persuade will help you out, but persuade will still be as useful as ever.

2) Between Guardian and Sentinel? Tough call. I like sentinels, but the DS mastery Bonus, as well as natural sentinel bonuses, really aren't very thrilling. Force Jump is neat, but unnecessary, and won't actually be used as much as one would like. If I recall, in TSL, Guardians don't get improved base attack bonus progression, so they're less impressive. Then there are skills and force powers, and that's really where guardians are at a disadvantage. Sentinels get great skill progression, while guardians barely get any, and a Sentinel will have better access to the cool darkside powers you can get. But guardians and marauders are still very cool and effective, and have a fun DS mastery bonus.

If you want the awesome up front combat ability, go for Guardian, but otherwise I recommend going with Sentinel.

BTW, DS Consular/Sith Lord is totally awesome, too, but since you only asked about sentinel and guardian...

3) Why wouldn't you need charisma? It depends on class choice really, and doesn't have anything to do with alignment. If you're going to be using offensive force powers or persuade, you'll want a better charisma, no matter how evil you are.

If you must chose between Sentinel and Guardian, then I would go with Sentinel. The high skill points you get each level are really helpful, and Sentinels are automatically immune to powers like Insanity or Stasis Field.

Well it just so happens that noone will try to to cast Stasis Field or Insanity on you.

From my experience you get more than enough force powers as Guardian too. Sentinel may get more, but they are not more effective. The only reason to play Consular is actually that the forcepowers are really more effective. All classes get more than enough force powers.

Archived