Home

Reminiscing

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And internet access to post here. Remember the days of jedi knight 1 and lucasforums posting while in school Scar, ah those were the days.

yup. after we were all done we turned on the JK, and the entire class went into DM mode. that was schweet!

Woulda been hard for ya to join back then, if you're 14 now, you were like 8 or 9 then. God I feel old. That was my senior year of high school when I joined. Anybody remember the points system, I just looked through old messages and am trying to remember the whole thing, what it was for, why they out it in, what happened to it.

the only good thing Guilo did was to get me promoted to moderator, which led to me becoming the crotchety admin I am today. Guilo was an arrogant self-proclaimed expert on everything who couldn't go a single post without bolding and italicizing every other word.

One day he gets all pissed off and decides to demote himself. Back in those days we were using UBB as our forum software, and there was a link to a script that Stealth (remember him?) had set up that contained every users' stats including their passwords. Guilo decided to use that link to get GUNNER's password and starts posting as him. That was the icing on the cake and he was IP banned from then on. He then mainly hung around on Nob Akimoto's XWLegacy board, but AFAIK, he's nowhere to be found, except maybe in his mom's basement.

Nob was a good guy too, it was a shame he left us and attracted a bunch of other longtime members to his site.

remember master copland? TFA blackpanther? just a few other names...

oh, and I think we can use all the newbies we can get on this board and xwa.

oh, and I think we can use all the newbies we can get on this board and xwa.

I can't in good conscience argue with that.

There's like, what.. maybe less than 10 of us, (give or take,.. mostly take,.. depending on the day...) propping up the mortal remains of XWA.

While it's sometimes nice and comforting to see the same friendly familiar faces everyday,.. it has lead to a slight sense of over-familiarity induced stagnation.

Some fresh meat, and even a little of the occasional personality conflict, could serve to get the blood moving again.

Wow, it's Ike *waves at Ike*

Look what I have done...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

XD Not really, I was looking through the old threads for a nostalgia fest and I found another thread started by you which is extremely similar to this one. You come in, ask where everyone is, we all notice, come in, have a party, say Aresen is back... then nothing...

XD But if you guys really wanna get the fire going again, rock on, I'm definately in with that.

@ Cracken: I don't think there was ever a time when you really had to moderate... but the irony is that a lot of us now are supermods or admins so it really wouldn't matter what you did XD

EDIT: It's funny... there's Guilo... but then there's Luka, who still used to pop around every now and then and it'd turn out to be a little event every time XD

And after ALL these years we still manage to get defaulted back to that ancient page design for the main site ( http://www.roguesquadron.net ) ...and that picture which is broken with the alt text saying: "Submitted by Lt. Guilo" lol.

Archived