Home

Lesbian love quest fix

Sir Vougalot

EDIT: Please read the entire post first as I am asking for something slightly different.

As we all know, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR II is now canonically a female, which means I'll want to play as a woman from now on. However, that also means that I will greatly miss Brianna because 1. I'm a straight male and don't exactly feel comfortable carrying out a love quest with a guy, 2. her character was far more interresting than Mical, and 3. she interracts with the story much more than he does, especially when she fights Atris.

Now, this obviously means that one would need to make Brianna a recruitable character in place of Mical, or possibly in a addition to him; but for that to happen you would need to create another portait slot in the party select screen. (I'd rather see the latter, if it's possible.)

Now, I know this has been done before, but here's the twist: I'd like for someone to go through all of Brianna's dialogue lines, and everywhere she referes to the Exile, replace every "he," "him," "his" and "man" with "she," "her," "hers" and "woman." You could probably find all of these pronouns in the part where she speaks about her mother. It'll sound a bit choppy, but I think it's better than having a woman be referred to as a man.

If she replaces Mical, then this will also complicate things during the scene where he and the Exile talk to one another about their love. If this is the case, then you will probably need to fix the Visas love quest as well, as she is the one who has this conversation in place of Mical. Do the same things with her pronouns as well. (I prefer her scene to Mical's because the dialogue is more touching, especially the part about where she mentions that she loves the Exile from the moment she heard his voice through the Force.)

I know this is quite an undertaking, but I just prefer Brianna to Mical quite a bit; but I don't want to do it if she keeps referring to a female character as a male. So please, the dialogue audio manipulation would be greatly appreciated. If any of the pronouns I'm asking for are not available in either Brianna's or Visas' speech, then--I don't know, possibly have you or one of your lady friends try to mimic that word in the characters' voices and record it?

It sound hard, I know. But it anyone can do this, I'd be forever greatful. Forget any other mods I may have asked for in the past. If this one is made, I'll be quite happy. (Perhaps you can work off of the existing lesbian love quest mod? That way the only thing you'll have to work on is the audio.)

Yes, I know, but does it do what I asked regarding the dialogue?

EDIT: I've read the readme, and no it does not.:( See, this was the entire point of the thread. Please read the entire post before posting.

I also don't know what it does for the scene where Mical or Visas is supposed to have their last heart-to-heart talk with you.

Yes, I edited the "please read the entire post" line into it.;)

Not what I was looking for, but that you, -DK-. It'll serve my purposes until when and if someone chooses to make the mod I'm asking for.:) Didn't mean to come off as a jerk, and I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

I also don't know what it does for the scene where Mical or Visas is supposed to have their last heart-to-heart talk with you.

If you bring the Handmaiden Visas will handle the pep-talk sequence after the rebuilt enclave since the Disciple isn't around to do it, and the game requires that either of them does it in order to proceed. The linked-to mod only allows you to bring either The Disciple or the Handmaiden along, not both.

To make a mod that allows bringing both you'll need to toss out some other party member and make the Disciple take their party table slot instead. G0T0 seems like a prime candidate for this. Then you'd need to find all scripts in the game that refers to the Disciple by party table slot and make it check for G0T0's slot instead. Then you'd need to find all scripts in the game that checks for G0T0's slot (which you didn't just modify) and disable those checks entirely (otherwise the Disciple might attempt to take G0T0's role in some conversations).

While not particularly difficult it certainly is a fair deal of grunt work since there are thousands of scripts in the game to check through, although I suppose a decent find/replace utility can make that easier.

As for the dialogs, since you only affect the written dialogs and not the voiceover you could probably use the <He/She> <Her/Him> <Man/Woman> dialog tokens that the game's dialog system supports, letting it automatically pick what to show depending on the player's gender. (It's mostly unused in KotOR since it doesn't work with text requiring different voice overs depending on gender.)

You'd also need to find all the dialog files where the party members have interjections and correct what they say, as appropriate. This is probably more of a grunt work than finding the correct scripts, since party member interjections aren't kept in their own dialog file but in the dialog file handling the conversation in question, and there are no utilities available that allows you to quickly mass-search all dialog files based on Speaker, as far as I know.

Correcting every line where the player would be refered to by the wrong gender is a monstrous task; ironically not with Visas or Handmaiden's dialogue with the player, but with everyone else around them. Just off the top of my head...

• Handmaiden confronts Visas on the Ebon Hawk, and she describes the player as looking like a man.
  • Mira gives the Handmaiden tips on how to hunt the player, "when you want a man..."
  • Handmaiden bickering with Atton on Narshadda "It's not your choice Atton, it is his."
  • Handmaiden bickering with Visas on Narshadda too.
  • Atris attacking the Handmaiden. "Did you love him? There is no love in him."

A lot of those would be difficult to splice in the neccessary words convincingly, some would be just down right impossible. You may just have to accept that Brianna and Visas think your character is a very manly woman.

Take it from me - dialouge edits are a shutta, especially with K2. Like everything else on the game, the dialogue trees are a frelling mess. A search function run through the dlg.tlk file can tell one where to look, and module by module, you'll have to search for the relevant trees.

Archived