Home

The second Xbox 360 revealed

Arreat

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/

xbox_zephyr.jpg

Ever wonder why Microsoft hasn't released an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360, or whether the AV port was really capable of digital out? Well, here's your answer: we landed pictures of what appears to be the second Xbox 360 -- the Xbox 360 v2, if you will -- codenamed Zephyr. (The original Xbox 360, if you recall, was codenamed Xenon.) The long rumored about and awaited update to the console won't just feature a new, cooler 65nm processor, it's also finally added an HDMI port for full digital 1080p pleasure, as well as a 120GB drive, just what the doctor ordered. The 120GB drive may or may not come bundled with the kit, we don't yet know, just as we also don't yet know how much a Zephyr 360 is going to run (we imagine it'll go for the same price as currently so they can keep up a little on their expanding margin). But our very kind Xbox insider seemed happy to let us know we'd be able to get them "soon."

Great, I thought my patience paid off by waiting for Boxing Day, but boy was I wrong. Now I've to get this one. Thanks ALOT MS. I just hope they don't price this at $400, I swear to god heads will roll.

"Second" meaning revision. :dozey:

I realize that a bigger hard drive and an HDMI cable mean a lot. My Xbox is technically a newer version with a larger drive, but that's it.

You're forgetting a smaller CPU, which can mean longer a longer lasting system.

OH DARN IT!!!

I already bought the Xenon version of the X-box 360, and I had to work hard for it!!

Now I will need to buy another one!! :cry6::cry6:

Why...?

Why waste the money on another Xbox 360 when you already have one that works fine and is nearly as good?

Why...?

Why waste the money on another Xbox 360 when you already have one that works fine and is nearly as good?

Because it's loud as hell.

When the new version comes out, I'll either sell mine to a friend or give it to a family member. Unless of course it craps out on me before I get one.

I already got a xbox360, so this to me is a complete ripoff.

Unless they let you trade in your old xbox for the new one I am going to personally find Bill Gate's and cut him...

Wow, it's just cooler (literally) and has native HDMI output. It's not like Microsoft suddenly made it 3x faster, it's just a small upgrade.

'Cause Microsoft is full of capitalist pigs who are always one step closer to taking over the world?

Microsoft has said that the reason they didn't include HD DVD technology initially in the xbox 360 at launch time was because it would have been too expensive, hence the exernal HD DVD player one can purchase now. I assume the same logic can be applied to this revision.

Woot! I want this. I've been waiting for this to happen, and...it's finally happened. Now the price needs to go down like it was supposed to...
I agree, I'd love to see a price drop like they said there was going to be.

'Cause Microsoft is full of capitalist pigs who are always one step closer to taking over the world?

By selling game consoles and OS's? LAwL.

Also, don't fret people, unless you have a TV that even supports 1080p don't start freaking out... Wonder if it will have HD-DVD built-in?

Now I've to get this one. Thanks ALOT MS. I just hope they don't price this at $400, I swear to god heads will roll.

Why not $400? $400 would seem very reasonable for the HDD. Are we talking USD?

Wow, it's just cooler (literally) and has native HDMI output. It's not like Microsoft suddenly made it 3x faster, it's just a small upgrade.

Right, sorry I just thought they were trying to make people who bought the xbox360 early lynch them.

But I did a bit of research and found it isn't all that great. And it sounds like most people are happy about this because the price is going to drop down on the Xenon.

Right, sorry I just thought they were trying to make people who bought the xbox360 early lynch them.

But I did a bit of research and found it isn't all that great. And it sounds like most people are happy about this because the price is going to drop down on the Xenon.

Early... right. It's only been out for a year. And it'll be more when this comes out. :p

Archived