Home

Which Jedi class you use?

Fredi

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I've said this about 50 times in 50 other threads, but what the hell.

KotOR--Soldier to Consular or Soldier to Guardian. Nice mix of combat feats early on to balance out the force powers, or just going whole hog on the combat area.

TSL--Consular to Sith Lord, definitely my runaway favourite. Force Storm/Crush/Wave = Force Pwn.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't own KOTOR II, and I haven't played it in a couple years, so I have no idea what I was. But I do go for the soldier/melee classes.

KOTOR I:

Soldier/Jedi Guardian - Dual lightsabers

I specialized in of course, melee weapons. :lsduel: Though next time I start a character, I think i'm going to go for more of a force power kinda guy, but who can still whoop some ass with lightsabers. :lightning

• 1 month later...

I don't typically look to the KOTOR games for a challenge so I usually go easy on myself. I usually use the scout class to get a lot of skills early on, then become a Jedi Guardian. For KOTOR II I use the Jedi Guardian, then either the Sith Marauder or Jedi Weapon Master depending on my Force alignment.

I have never played as a Sentinel for my main character all the way through either game. The class has never appealed to me.

Anyway,

KOTOR 1: I've played every base class with a Guardian Jedi class, as well as Soldier and Scout with a Consular Jedi class. My favorite was a DS Scoundrel/Guardian.

KOTOR 2: I have used Jedi Guardian in almost every game of TSL I've played. I'm a big "feat" guy. I have used a Consular twice, maybe three times. I tend to use Jedi Master or Sith Lord as my prestige class, although I enjoy the Guardian/Assassin combo.

I have never played as a Sentinel for my main character all the way through either game. The class has never appealed to me.

Unless you've stopped playing TSL, you really should try it. TSL favors the use of skills far more than KotOR, and that is the sentinel's greatest strength. With the right skills, you can make some truly awesome gear at the workbench, as well as unlock interesting secrets and conversation paths.

Unless you've stopped playing TSL, you really should try it. TSL favors the use of skills far more than KotOR, and that is the sentinel's greatest strength. With the right skills, you can make some truly awesome gear at the workbench, as well as unlock interesting secrets and conversation paths.

Maybe. I'm not familiar with the total set of items that can be created at the workbench or how it is broken down between characters. I've found that using each of my other party members at a workbench outside the Ebon Hawk is plenty enough to get me enough of the items I could want.

I have played a Guardian with high INT and either Computer or Repair (thanks to the feats that change them to class skills) just to unlock some of the story, though I'm sure, as you have pointed out there may be some (or even a lot) that I'm still missing. Maybe I will play with a max-INT, max-skilled Sentinel some day as you suggest. Unfortunately with CON being important in TSL for the implants, I find it ruined the luxury of placing points in INT. :(

Okay, the common misconception is:

Scoundredl: Consular

Scout: Sentinel

Soldier: Guardian

However, the best would be Scoundrel: Sentinel (skills), and Scout:Consular (Baanced, and force)

I use Scoundrel: Sentinel, though.

In KotOR2 I use Sentinel:Watchman.

However, the best would be...

The "best" for what?

Scoundrel->Sentinel will indeed get you the most skill points,

BUT a Scoundrel doesn't get Computers or Repair as class skills, which are arguably the reason for having a main character with a lot of skill points in the first place. He also lacks Treat Injury (until you become a Jedi), which depending on how much you rely on healing packs can be detrimental. Basically, a Scoundrel gets you a lot of SP, sure, but inability to use them where they are useful for story-line purposes diminishes their worth, possibly greatly.

A Scout, on the other hand, gets you both Computers and Repair, but lacks Persuade (until you become a Jedi), and Security, which may or may not be important depending on how you use your party members.

IMO it can be argued that while a Scoundrel->Sentinel gets you the most SP numerically, a Scout->Sentinel is a more "useful" Skill-based character.

IMO a Scoundrel's worth is primarily in terms of the Sneak Attack ability. Using Stasis/Insanity followed with melee attacks that apply Sneak Attack damage compensates for the somewhat lesser damage potential of typical Sentinels and Consulars. On the other hand, since the game counts every attack from a Force Jump as a Sneak Attack, a Scoundrel->Guardian can be absolutely lethal.

In Kotor 1:

Scout or Smuggler/Jedi Consular cause you get the most force points and force abilities you can.

Usually in KotOR 2:

Sentinel/Watchman: -- Most skills, no longer need a stealth belt, balance between feats and force. Immunity to stun/fear/horror

I'm trying Jedi Consular/Master currently, and I really don't like how slow feat progression is.

I've done Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster, but really didn't care for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...

In K1 I usally always used Scout/Sentinel as to me this class is the best given its a very versatile class, as it gives strong Force powers and strong stats, but in my first playthrough I used Scout/Consular.

In TSL pretty much the same Sentinel/Watchman, again versatile class´s are the best to me.

Archived