Home

Accents!

Samuel Dravis

I got the midland too.

I actually have a strange blend. I'm from Vermont, and people in Vermont talk kind of funny compared to the rest of New England. It's not very noticeable, but a few words here and there are just kind of.. off. Combine that with being near Canada, the big New England cities, and then moving to the south, my pronunciation can be all over the place. Down here, I'm made fun of for how I say things like "car". That's right. I park the cahr in the Hahvahrd yahrd. Though, when I visit my friends in New England, they like to give me a hard time for sounding southern.

Your Result: Your Result: The West

Hellz yea! I was born in Southern California and came to Washington when I was 13/14 three years ago.

Top accent influence.

• The Midland
  • Boston
  • North Central
  • The Inland North
  • Philadelphia
  • The South
  • The Northeast

Random: When I'm lazy I talk like I have a slight stereotypical English accent.

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Makes sense, most Coloradans don't have noticeable accents.

That's what I got too, although I live in the Northeast. I guess by "Northeast" they're thinking of Maine accents...? The funny thing is, a Northeastern accent was very last in the rankings.

Southern accents kinda start to piss me off after a while...

LOL.

- PR-0927

Same here, but it's not like it's their fault. :p

OOC: How long have you been PR-0927? I must be out of the loop...anyway, it's a bit harder to remember than Majin Revan...;)

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Bleh.

I don't have an accent, I just pronounce English properly. :p

Rawfull, this made me laugh. In otherwords, you have an English accent.

I got THE WEST, also very close to THE MIDLAND, BOSTON, and NORTH CENTRAL. I'm not American though.

• 4 weeks later...

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Ironic, seeing how I've lived in the South all my life. Then again, after hearing clips of my voice from my teenage years, one would swear that I was a SoCal surfer.

Pfff, never considered being a radio jock.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Thank God!

I've lived in southwest Virginia for 15 years and I STILL don't sound like a redneck!:xp: w00t!

Archived