Home

2007 Calendar!

Cavkov

Ok post here of any news of the upcoming year!

expansions,patches and so on!

so anyone knows whats to come?

i hear about trader revamp and economy reset?

Confirmed:

* Trader revamp and Entertainer class upgrade (early 2007?)

Rumours:

* Economy reset (2007?)

* Pre CU servers (late 2007?)

* New Expansion (2007/2008?)

Well, trader revamp and entertainer expertise with a new song and a dance it seems, lets hope they dont **** this one up, I know alot of people who would quit if the trader revamp fails, and that'd be the dead of my community.

There should also be a new expansion in the works, I just don't think we'll see it in '07, maybe early '08 or something.

Also, there's this rumour that they will try to launch pre-cu servers in the first business quarter of '07 (linky), dunno 'bout that one either!

So I cross fingers for chapter 5 right now...

Confirmed:

* Trader revamp and Entertainer class upgrade (early 2007?)

People are sticking around and waiting to see how this plays out and it will make/break the game for the traders/ents. My feeling is, even if it is "ok" people will still complain and then leave to other MMO's such as Vanguard or Lotro.

Rumours:

* Economy reset (2007?)

* New Expansion (2007/2008?)

1. I haven't heard this, so I guess it's time for me to find out some information about it.

2. I hope not, the players deserve some free content after dealing with the NGE for over the past year. The devs like to sing their own praises about how they've added this and that to the game when really, they are just putting in place stuff that was already there [or improved version of old things ie. gcw bases are what they envisioned the "old school" battlefields to be]. The only real "new" thing added has been Restuss pvp zone. It's time to use the planets they have and give the players some free content.

* Pre CU servers (late 2007?)

There is going to be no Pre-CU servers. The devs have said this 205987234976956709327592670296798523987523096 times.

This is true, however; the devs have said lots of things only to go back on their word. I think anything can happen, my experience with swg/soe certainly has shown that [lol].

The NGE is fun...for a little bit, but it doesn't keep me playing like the original version of the game did. I mean I tried to play the nge...I tried to have fun with it...but in the end, it just didn't happen.

My question is why not offer classic servers if nothing else? I know plenty of people who would sign up for that. I wouldn't care if I started out from scratch....that game was fun. Now chances are we won't see a pre-cu server...we'll probably see the game cancelled before that, but if nothing else, the swgemu will be worth a look.

My question is why not offer classic servers if nothing else? I know plenty of people who would sign up for that. I wouldn't care if I started out from scratch....that game was fun. Now chances are we won't see a pre-cu server...we'll probably see the game cancelled before that, but if nothing else, the swgemu will be worth a look.

Because that would require the devs to admit that what they did with the CU and NGE was wrong, which is something SOE never does.

Because that would require the devs to admit that what they did with the CU and NGE was wrong, which is something SOE never does.

What really makes me ponder, is that Sony for once sets pride BEFORE money? Omfg!

I think they are lurking with something... We would have seen the pre-cu servers already if it wasn't for Lucasarts, IMO.

What really makes me ponder, is that Sony for once sets pride BEFORE money? Omfg!

I think they are lurking with something... We would have seen the pre-cu servers already if it wasn't for Lucasarts, IMO.

Yep, I do remember hearing it was Lucasarts who proposed Jedi being a starter profession. Stupid greedy bastards

I missed this post here.

Alright...well, I've heard this reason given several times by people and I don't buy it. It's not good enough for me. I want more of an answer...and the reason is - SWG is a disaster...everyone knows it...the devs do, the players do...people who have never played it know about it. So why not suck it up and if nothing else, offer classic servers. That may be the first step in at least getting their name out of the deep, dark hole it is currently in. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing it...but for some silly reason, they just can't do it. Doesn't make any sense to me. And I'm going to stop there [lol].

Note - McCusto, this wasn't directed at you in any way. I'm just speaking out in general terms, so don't take it like I was attacking you. :)

they claim that they cannot make classic server as they no longer have any of that information. I find it funny that the people working on the EMU have so far managed to get bazaar working, combat, movement, vehicles (sorta) and combat spawns going. And until they started the project, they had never seen the coding to swg.

Why are the devs so dumb and stupid! Can't they just turn the whole game back to normal??? So everyone plays as pre cu/ nge? Or like Leemu said make classic servers.

Aida i find it funny that you are speaking about the game when u havent even played it.. and besides i think the game is very fun! and the players that are playing like it to and there are more people than you guys think!

yeh i guess it's funny but the reason i'm talking about it is coz i've done lots of research. :) I'm not a neard though. :( I'm sure the game is good but just not AS good.

but research of other peoples tought cant be compared to your own experience in this case wich u dont have :)

before the nge there was stuff like 'buff lines', tons of afk macro grinders, but there was more of a community of people...when i return to galaxies i may join you all on chimarea or whatever its called. possibility anyways...i'm almost level 8 in WoW.

Great Rogue, Chimaera is great and there is many serious players whos RPing!

and IMO if you love starwars you will not care as much of how the combat system is..

well now BACK TO TOPIC! any one knows any plans for 2007?

Archived