Home

KOTOR 3 a sequel or prequel ?????

darth kav

No offense, but I find that it is a terrible idea for KOTOR III. It wouldn't be KOTOR III then. I want the plot to continue from TSL to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile in the Unknown Regions. Although the prequel idea, could be used once Obsidian have finished KOTOR III if they do make it.

I agree that some scenes from the Mandalorian Wars or NPCs' early life (like Kreia's) would be interesting, but I am completly against a KotOR III as a prequel to K1 or K2. They could use flashbacks, or scenes like the Exile in Korriban's secret tomb, but please no prequel.

I agree. A prequel would be a bad idea, for the simple fact that the series is already set 10,000 years prior to episode 1. I'd like to see KOTOR keep moving foward, perhaps jumping another 5 or 10 years past the events of KOTOR 2, but keeping with the whole Reven/Exile storyline. Jeez, I hope this series continues until the timeline catches up to the "current" tmeline of the saga.

Also, I know I will probably get slammed for this, but rather than be a Jedi/former jedi, I'd like to see an option where you are Force Sensitive, but are givin the option to undergo Jedi Training. This would open up a HUGE area for sriptwriters to play with, as they would not be limited to the whole "must fit in Jedi schooling by X point". I know it's called Knights of the old Republic, but the old repulic(like the new) has heros and villians that are NOT jedi - in some ways such heros/villians are greater. Remember Kreia's words from KOTOR 2, when she was talking to Atton in the Citidel Station lockup - Without the Force, a Jedi/Sith is a shell of themselves, capile of many actions but not as capible as one like Atton(who was NOT Force Sensitive at that point). I know it's not EXACTLY how she said it, but it's more or less the general gist of it.

Also, I'd like to see the ability to learn ALL of the feats(Scoundrel's, Scout's AND Soldier's). The way that could be treated is the same with skills - cross class feats would cost 2 or more points to learn or upgrade due to the whole cross-class thing. If it can eb done in the pen and paper game, why not in KOTOR?

The story is already set if you make it a prequel. It would have the same problem as the PT: getting painted into a corner.

Agreed, If it's a sequal, it's pretty much wide open as far as what you can do for a story...but if you make it a prequal, you're forced into doing a certain storyline. Flashbacks or something would be neat as cut-scenes to include those key moments from the past...rather then having a whole game about it.

I'm for a sequal myself. :)

A prequel would be good idea for an action game. However for KotOR III the game must be a sequel so that the player can roleplay his/her character.

QFE -

I want answers to stuff Kreia said in TSL about the True Sith and Revan.!

I wouldnt mind playing a Jedi Knight kind of game about Revan and his rise to Dark Lord of the Sith.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make it both. You could start out as a younger jedi(or whatever you are), and through chapters you experience segments of both the mandalorian and Sith wars before leading up to the final chapters of the story. This would break away from the style of KOTOR too much unless the writers were very clever, however.

I must say that a sequal is the way to go.

I think Carlo is saying he wants some of the unasnswered questions to be addressed in KOTOR - for example, why did Revan leave the Ebon Hawk behind and what happened to him/her?

Shotgunner has it right, i think alot more questions on the aftermath of KOTOR I still needs to be answeared, perhaps if KOTOR III continues TSL but with a twist of bringing Reven and KOTOR I back in the picture...along the lines of what happened between KOTOR & TSL, that would be damn good...

for example, why did Revan leave the Ebon Hawk behind and what happened to him/her?

If any game could answer that, it would be a sequel. I don't think a prequel could answer events that haven't even happened yet. :)

The reasoning for the former is that any ship would do, and the Hawk would serve a better purpose elsewhere. What happened to Revan is anyone's guess, though.

I will admit that I do enjoy KOTOR 2 more, and while I would love for the future sequel to be a direct followup, I want the questions from KOTOR 1 addressed. Like I said before - Why did Revan leave the Ebon Hawk behind and take the chance that someone would not be able to crack the astrogen chart system? The best way to keep people from knowing where you have been is to leave absolutely no trace of your travels behind, no matter how secure you think they are.

Another question I would like answered is: What happened to the rest of the party members that were not returned for KOTOR 2's party(everyone but Canderous/Mandalore, T3M4 and HK-47)?

Lastly, and most importantly - what has happened to the party from KOTOR 2 - we know that Kreia is dead, that the Ebon Hawk still flies on, BUT who survived/died in the crash on Malachor V? Granted, T3M4 could have piloted the ship, givin his extensive knowledge of it by the time of KOTOR 2, but I don't see it as likely - I can understand him surviving the attack before the prolouge, but two great mishaps? Doubtful.

We need some answers for a proper sequel. IMHO, if we don't get these questions addressed(or at least the important questions) then I don't think they should bother making a sequel.

The idea of KotOR III being a prequel is just...no offense, but, it's terrible.

I know the story about how Revan turned to the dark side and corrupted so many people, and I know enough about the Mandalorian Wars to be satisfied.

What I don't know, but want to know, is what happens to him in the Unknown Regions and if he finds/found the True Sith. Also, finding out what happens to the Exile would also be nice.

why did Revan leave the Ebon Hawk behind and what happened to him/her?

He didn't leave the Ebon Hawk behind. He took it with him, along with T3-M4 and HK-47. Revan told T3 that if anything happened to him, to take the Ebon Hawk back to known space to search for help...and T3 found the Exile. And I don't think anyone knows what happened to Revan...yet; but I don't see how a prequel is going to give you answers to things that haven't happened yet.

Another question I would like answered is: What happened to the rest of the party members that were not returned for KOTOR 2's party(everyone but Canderous/Mandalore, T3M4 and HK-47)?

Bastilla and Carth can be found quite easily...T3-M4's holograms as well as meeting up with them in the face if you set Revan to LS.

But, if you played the DS, you knew what happened to the rest of your party. They were killed off by Revan. It is because of this ending that I assume they took out the rest of Revan's party as they were not really important, and the effort to code them in seems...wasteful.

If Revan was set to LS, it would be best to assume that all the Jedi members of the party got killed at Katarr, while the non-Jedi members sort of left and went on their own paths.

Hey there, I'm new to the forums.

Anyway I think KOTOR III should be A sequel. Some of my friends and I have been working on A story for it. We have al played though both KOTOR I and KOTOR II and we have come up with this....

Five years after the events of KOTOR II. You are Revan, retruning to knowspace in the Ebon Hawk with your droids T3-M4 and Hk-47.(the exile was killed in unknowspace)(if revan was lightside)You retrun to the republic almost wiped out and the sith growing stronger by the day. You fallout of hyperspace in the middle of a battle betwine A republic ship and A sith ship. You are taken abord the republic ship to help fight off the bording party.....And you meet up with Carth and Bastilla. You must find the originle party from KOTOR I to find and destroy the sith.

I'm still working and where you find your old party. And we still need to do the darkside part of it. But what do you think so far?

Archived