Home

Mysterious Box ( Spoilers )

Obi-Wan Baloney

I found the other day that if you open the mysterious box given to you by the Rodian on Korriban to give to Motta the Hutt; you will get trapped inside the box . You will be told by a Rakata that this was a prison built by his people and he knew how to get out by using your body for his spirit to live.To get out you have to answer a series of riddles for him to get you out.When you get out and go see Motta, he doesn't believe you opened it because you wouldn't get out. You can still sell him the box, though.It is obvious he was going to use the box himself, for prisoners.

If you want to defeat the Rakatan when it is your turn to ask a question, if you can, ask him a question involving numbers. The Rakatan will be unable to solve the question.

Or you could just keep answering his riddles (which are very easy), and keep asking him normal riddles until he gives up (which is after about 5 correctly answered riddles). I never like using the number riddle because it makes me feel like I won cheaply (I don't really know why though).

You actually can't go very far. At a certain point in the area, there's an invisible barrier of sorts. All the whiteness makes it hard to tell your character is just running in place.

Yeah, I noticed that when I ran away with my view towards the Rakata.

The riddles were simple enough, but it made a nice, brief sidetrack from the story. No matter were you are in it.

...all the same, I'd rather have the credits.

The problem with freeing him would be that he'd need a body for his mind to return to, and his own has been lost for the past 30 000 years.

Perhaps you could plug The One into the box and let the imprisoned Rakata claim his body instead of killing him? :)

I've never been trapped and have been tempted to try it once but I forget to. Just goes to show you how well the gameplay is imprinted in my brain. I can't even plat DS because it's not in my nature. :xp:

Actually getting DS is easy, just decide to side with Bastila in the conflict. First time I was playing I was pretty much LS, and that IS the reason I get the DS ending.

Well, the Rakie-in-a-box can actually be a minor FS, and by tie in with the Genetics research that would bring the FS bloodline back to the Rakatas?

Anyone know the real reason why Rakatas become blinded to the force?

Its good that thwey don't decide to hate technology and live in the intestines of giant monsters.

Anyone know the real reason why Rakatas become blinded to the force?

1) In-breeding. Appernatly, FUers breeded with FUers, so soon, people forget the Force...

2) Star Forge. That machine that creates tons and tons of tiny little Rakatan ships apperantly has a hunger that is matched only by Darth Nihilus itself. The Star Forge wants to gobble up lots of the Dark Side of the Force as physically possible, so it uses its infulence to slowly corrupt the Raktans and cause them to wage a great civil war which would destroy themselves...and in the process create hate and anger, emotions that fuel the DS. Star Forge, being a happy little machine, gobbles up the Dark Side of the Force that the Raktans create...

Until one day, when the Star Forge sucked up all the Force in the Rakatans. Serve the Rakatans right for thinking they could contorl the DS.

This was the reason why a DS Revan decided to SHUT DOWN the Star Forge. He did not want its mighty power and hunger to destroy the Sith...and the Force, specifcally, the Force of the Human Race.

Archived