Home

[OOC]Obake Blade

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, just a heads-up as to wat's going to happen:

Before we leave Ryuu-Tokai, Kyo is going to gather everyone he can to join him on this quest. I think that a few of your characters may need coaxing or some other reason to join - perhaps you're characters are traveling the same way he's heading (*coughNORTHcough*) or maybe you're looking for some extra cash. Keep in mind that Kyo's not made of money, however :xp:

Kyo also isn't going to figure out the riddle all by himself. Once we're all gathered together and he gets a chance to explain and pull the riddle out, feel free to toss in your guess. It's really not a complicated puzzle ;)

We'll travel north, and, obviously, things are going to happen along the way. If you'd like to plan for a side quest for a character, feel free to PM me with the idea!

And I wish to commit mass slaughter upon Wolf (so we have a mutual agreement :D ), but Jasra doesn't want either Wolf, or Crispin dead, she wants them alive for awhile. After the fireworks I'm guessing, is when the appropriate time for their death's will come, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing Jasra will give us the wink-and-a-nod for when it's the right time to tear their organs from their bodies! :dev7:

Don't worry, guys. There will be a time and a place to kill of Wolf, Crispin and a whole bunch of 'thug/warrior' types. So, everybody will get a chance to do damage. :)

Just get your characters to the inn by tonight (tonight as in RP tonight ;) ) so we can (hopefully) see some fireworks (from our mages if they can post, that is), treat any wounds, drink some ale, and make Kyo's job of recruiting for quest followers a bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for a bit of charry control with our mages and Takara, but after a chat on AIM with FFWM12, we figured we needed everyone back at the inn so that Kyo can assemble his ‘team’ for his quest. So far, he’s got Akira, Carywn, Aya, and Kai (I think). He’ll need the two mages (‘Fire’ and ‘Air’ as was mentioned in the old witch’s prophesy to Kyo), and probably Tellis as she’s a healer, and Takara might be good at… tracking perhaps? (Not exactly sure, but I’m sure Grace will think of a reason why she might want to go with Kyo. ) As Katsuro and Xan are asleep at the moment, they’ll have to join up with Kyo in the morning. Not sure what Yosho’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.

Not sure what Yoshi’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.

Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group. :mad:

And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.

Well, Kyo's going to need some sort of reason to take everyone, so you'd best get thinking of yours. And it would probably help if you didn't make the old dude so creepy. No one's going to want to get close to someone who acts all strangely and with a know-it-all attitude like he does. Also doesn't help that we've absolutely no idea what you're on about with all your NPC interaction early on page 25.

Oh, and taking all of Aya's stuff without Jasra's permission probably didn't help either.

And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.
Sorry about that. Edited. :)
Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group.
Ok, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but just some words of constructive advice.

It's not 'we' who are putting him off, but our characters. If some complete stranger came up to me and immediately started asserting him/herself as a close personal acquaintance of mine, I would be a bit suspicious of their motives. And as you've chosen to make Yosho appear rather eccentric (i.e. his unblinking stares; the way he dresses; his secret meetings with the NPC characters; his abrupt disappearances/reappearances when he changes from animal to human form,) that makes it hard for the characters to immediately accept him into their group. (Even Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings, as nice and as well-meaning of a wizard as he was, was viewed with suspicion from those who did not know him on a personal level.) You have to remember that the RPs characters have 'bonded' over a period of days. Introducing a stranger into the mix is hard. You have to find common ground. 'Kai' did this by helping Xan fight. If he hadn't, the other characters would probably view him as a bit odd as well, and not have been as quick to accept him either.

I'm still not quite sure why Yosho wants to follow them, or what's going on with his interactions with all the NPC characters (the conferring with Renn, Doc Waverley, the Blacksmith, etc.) but I do recall that you said you wanted to keep things 'mysterious.' That's fine. But remember, none of the other characters know Yosho's been watching them in his animal forms, nor have they been privy to his conversations with the NPCs. All they know is that he is/was a customer that bought a cermonial knife from Aya and said that it was used for cannibalism (and that's pretty creepy in itself,) and Aya now knows that he says he knew her father (but in what way or how he knew him is still unknown to her.) If you want to have him be part of the current group, then you have to find some common ground for him to share with the other characters.

Perhaps, since he's a Druid/mage he can talk with Hoshiko or Toa (although he seemed to have viewed them with disdain as he referred to them as 'showoffs' while they were doing their dragon fireworks.) You could also use Xan to bring him into the group. (Perhaps he knows him somehow?) Or perhaps Yosho can bring the dagger back to Aya, maybe wondering if she's seen a similar one, and then overhear the current conversation and offer some sage advice to them about ancient artefacts, prophesies, or even just drinking. ;) (Like how to avoid a hangover.) Something that the other people in the group would find useful or would need.

Otherwise, you could just have Yosho just observe and follow the group and then have him appear to them at a critical moment (i.e. when they are engaged in battle or something) and lend them visible assistance or support. That would give him a foothold in the group.

It's up to you, of course, as only you know what role you have in mind for Yosho. But please don't think that 'we' are impeding your character's entry into the travelling group. He's welcome, but you have to find a way for him to be accepted by the characters who have already established relationships with each other.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

The group is going to be on the move Northward very soon, so everyone's characters need to rendezvous with Kyo so they're not left behind. Also, if you're planning on any sidequests or other ideas, it is imperative that you PM FFWM12 about it so that she can approve it. Otherwise, if you just post a sidequest and it doesn't fit within the flow of the RP as she sees it, the sidequest may very well be ignored/written off. Good communication is key to a smooth RPing experience. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. I've been reading the RP thread for most of today and it sounds pretty darn cool! I'd like to join if it's at all possible. I know everyone's on the road now, but if they're making a stop somewhere in the future (hopefully all whole and healthy), I was wondering if I could craft up a character and have them join.

Please let me know and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whew. Obake Blade OOC was waaaaaaay down the page @.@

Anyway. In case you guys missed my OOC in the main thread, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be going out of town for a week, starting this Monday (yes, an exact week, Monday to Monday). I will be bringing my laptop for information purposes, so there is a slim chance that I'll be able to get on and post every once in a while. Please don't panic if I don't - it's not because I'm killing Obake, but because I'm not here :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Takumi Nightsinger

Personality: The better way to describe it is, 'what is he not?' He's not quiet, shy, or retiring. He has a joie de vive that is infectious and can liven up the darkest nights. He uses humor, wit, and sometimes even downright sneakiness to get out of tough spots. He enjoys the good things in life: creature comforts, food, drink, people....

Weaponry:Longbow, whip, and shortsword. He prefers to stay as far away from actual fighting as possible. Oh, and he has arrows too.

Appearance:Medium height. Slender and healthy. Light skinned, blond hair styled in whatever way suits him or the situation at hand, vivid green eyes that can look ingenuous, seductive, or wickedly sharp depending on his mood. He prefers a flamboyant form of dress, with expensive fabrics in bright colors that liven up any stage on which he appears.

Archived