Home

Fave Party Member

Sam!

Who is your favourite party member?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite party member?

I voted for Kreia, but really it's a tie between her, Atton, (edit: Jolee), and HK, then Bao Dur is second.

@obi-wanrules, you should split all of the choices that have more than 1 character because some people like 1 of them but not the other. Especially the one with the droids which has one of the most liked characters and one of the most disliked. :)

Kreia. She's the only manipulative Sith Lord (you fight), and the one only party member who really seemed to have her own agenda. Even by KotOR I standards, she had a lot to say. Her dialogue was absolutely full of stuff relevant to the main plot (a nice change from other party members) and having a mentor-like figure was an improvement.

GO-TO is a close second, though. ;)

GOTO's purpose in the game is now clear to me. His reason for being is so that mod creators will have a party member to replace when creating a new henchman for you. Nobody would miss GOTO. Heck, most of the time we're talking about what horrible things we'd like to do to the useless ball of scrap. Die, Goto, Die.

GOTO's purpose in the game is now clear to me. His reason for being is so that mod creators will have a party member to replace when creating a new henchman for you. Nobody would miss GOTO. Heck, most of the time we're talking about what horrible things we'd like to do to the useless ball of scrap. Die, Goto, Die.

Goto's purpose in the game, to me, is a symbolism of Revan's crusade to save the Republic. Both Goto and Revan want to save the Republic. Both Goto and Revan betrayed the Republic, by committing treason againt the Republic...in order to save it. Goto and Revan has done actions that seem evil (Revan with the Jedi Civil War, Goto with the Jedi Bounty) but actually are motivated by alustric means, only to help the Republic...

But Goto hates the Republic. He only serves it because of his programming. And I think the Republic and us hate Goto. But if that so, then why do we love Revan for the exact same things that Goto has done? I speculate that Goto exists so that we indeed hate him, and then question why do we love Revan. He is an counterpoint to Revan's fanboys/fangirls/fanbots in the KOTORII game...and make us wonder if Revan is really a good person after all.

Goto is therefore very symoblic. However, I still hate him. It would have been better had he not been in the party...instead maybe contacted us via holograms and given us orders from there, wiring me credits and giving me advice in defeating the enemies. I liked working for Goto, though, when Goto wants me to use him, I just use him as a coatrack.

Has to be Mira because she drags her mind along in Nar Shadda's gutters. Here's two examples.

"Maybe someone just jammed a power converter up your ion exhaust and switched it on full."

"Well it's not really a competition. I mean, you're kind of an idiot, Atton. And you don't shower enough. And you scratch your...equipment, when you think no one's looking."

That would be cut content of Atton worried that Mical might be interested in the Exile. Shem was kind enough to slip it into the game, and Team Gizka I'm sure have a mod to replace loads of cut content. There's a list of some of the cut content but the site seems to be down at the moment.

scratchequipmentvx3.jpg

Nobody would miss GOTO.

*Raises hand* :xp:

He actually has some interesting stuff to say on the Republic. His past history as an infrastructure droid turned criminal mastermind was also intriguing.

He also struck me as more intelligent than the other party members. While they're all going on about how wonderful/awful killing people is, he's trying to stabilize the economy. It was a good twist to have someone who could truly save or ruin the galaxy without possessing any ties to the Force.

Archived