Home

Don't go canon

The Architect

Actually there should be canon in the game if when someone questions you about Revan and the Exile, then you can reply, I don't know, which would case both Revan and the Exile to be on the light side and their respective genders. Other than that, no forced canon.

I couldn't have said it better Pottsie.

And no no Emperor Devon. I asked how you'd bring Revan and the Exile back in KotOR III without going canon, not ideas on how you could tell the game their genders and alignments; because there are countless ways you could do that. I’m asking how you’d bring them back in the flesh if you wanted to, without going canon and making it so hard for the devs.

I couldn't have said it better Pottsie.

And no no Emperor Devon. I asked how you'd bring Revan and the Exile back in KotOR III without going canon, not ideas on how you could tell the game their genders and alignments; because there are countless ways you could do that. I’m asking how you’d bring them back in the flesh if you wanted to, without going canon and making it so hard for the devs.

You mean, like why they're on the damned game, and not watching the footballl game while babysitting their nephews?

Hmm, of course you could keep the old converstion way, but I think new ideas are always welcome. Like, walking through the street of determined planet, you find two unknown historians struggling to become some known professionals. You offer yourself to help them, reading their books about the "history of the Jedi Civil War: A work on progress".

One of the historian books, shows Revan as LS male, and that he still didnt came back from the unknown regions. The other, shows Revan as a LS female that is hiding on a known planet of the outer-rim. Then you just have to choose who's the right, and then -SUDDENLY- its true.

Of course the devs can give us better situations, but thats the main idea.

Hmm, of course you could keep the old converstion way, but I think new ideas are always welcome. Like, walking through the street of determined planet, you find two unknown historians struggling to become some known professionals. You offer yourself to help them, reading their books about the "history of the Jedi Civil War: A work on progress".

One of the historian books, shows Revan as LS male, and that he still didnt came back from the unknown regions. The other, shows Revan as a LS female that is hiding on a known planet of the outer-rim. Then you just have to choose who's the right, and then -SUDDENLY- its true.

Of course the devs can give us better situations, but thats the main idea.

Silentscope001's Idea to Bring Back Exile and Revan:

Mr. Jedi Padawan, happy little Jedi Padawan, in K3, is about to become a full fledged Knight. All that is needed is one...final thing. The test of doom.

Now, the Jedi Padawan can easily get passed this, and skip the test by "cheating". If you cheat, well, congrats, you get to set Revan and Exile to canonical gender! No LS and DS points, you could easily assume that you really have not studied, and, you know, it's "just" a test.

Question #1: How did Revan end the Jedi Civil War?

LS: Revan saved the Republic and stopped the Jedi Civil War, by redeeming himself, and killing off Darth Malak, thereby protecting the Republic from the evil Sith.

DS: Revan killed Darth Malak and flew to Korriban to reunite the Sith. However, the Sith were fighting each other after Darth Malak's death, and the Revan soon fled Korriban to places unknown.

Question#2: You are right, good job! She is considered very infamous in certain parts of the galaxy for her role in starting the Jedi Civil War.

Male: Actually, it's "He". (NPC: Oh. Ooops.)

Female: I agree, but she is a great general who saved the Republic from the Mandalorian Wars. Revan is a savior, and I believed she did not fall willingly.

Female: Of course. I consider her evil as well.

Repeat this for the Jedi Exile, and you will be set.

I want a canon face for the Revan/Exile. It wouldn't kill me if Revan/Exile didn't look exactly how they did when I played as them.

I don’t want a canon face for Revan and the Exile. It would suck if I couldn’t choose their appearances. Of course, it’s highly likely that they won’t even appear in KotOR III. Or, if they did, they would probably be wearing masks, for whatever reason/s.

I would think it would considering that we were left hanging in TSL with the Ebon Hawk flying off if you were LS to the Unknown Regions. That ending reminded me of LOTR with its endings until ROTK. Maybe that is what we are going to suffer with for now.

<Offtopic>

This is nothing against you JM12 but this is one of my pet peeves.

A trilogy is a set of three works of art, usually literature or film, that are connected and can generally be seen as a single work as well as three individual ones

One of the most popular "trilogies" of fantasy books, The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, is not a trilogy, though it is often referred to as such. Tolkien regarded it as a single work and divided it into a prologue, six books, and five appendices. Because of post-World War II paper shortages, it was originally published in three volumes. Sir Stanley Unwin, Tolkien's publisher, also split the novel into three parts to garner separate book reviews for each book of the 'trilogy', and thus (hopefully) spike book sales. It is still most commonly sold as three volumes, but has also been published in one-volume and seven-volume editions (as it is also split into six books and the appendices).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilogy

</Offtopic>

Revan is KOTOR. Even KOTOR's plot began and ended with Revan.

Only for KOTOR. For TSL, it's The Exile. For K3, it's...[iNSERT PRETTY COOL AND GENERIC NAME FOR GREAT JEDI PADAWAN WHO WILL SMASH THE TRUE SITH].

Unless, maybe I'm wrong. What if the true star is not Revan, Exile, and the Third Character...but the True Sith itself? Didn't it manlipuate Revan to go to war, using the Mandalorians as bait? Didn't Kreia fell prey to its luring desires, and created an order that destroyed the Jedi? Isn't it the ultimate supervillian, the symbol of great evil? Prehaps the True Sith could unify the trilogy together and actually become the main star, kicking Revan to the sidelines?

If so, then so long Revan-fanboy worship! Hello True Sith followers!

<Offtopic>

This is nothing against you JM12 but this is one of my pet peeves.

I'm merely making a comparison between what we got for TSL and LOTR. It was probably poor on my part but I was trying to make a point that maybe we are supposed to be left hanging though I admit before TSL came out, I had already guessed that Revan would disappear into the Unknown Regions of space and that someone would follow. Goes to show how my mind powers work.

Anyway all I was saying was that even if the devs made a goof and admittted it, there is always intent and purpose. You can't discount it. As to my position on going canon for KOTOR III, I go against it because it ceases to be an RP.

By "KotOR's plot began and and ended", I assume you mean both KotORs. Actually, the plot of KotOR II had nothing to do with Revan. It was all about the Exile revering his connection to the Force, and destroying the "Triumvirate."

I'm referring to the beginning of KOTOR 1, and the end of KOTOR 2... and I meant the character which is mostly driving the plot of the franchise. Not the character which each individual game spotlights.

Revan was the main villain which began the events of KOTOR 1, and he was the hero which put an end to the crisis.

Revan was largely responsible for the creation of the exile, "her" back story, and his actions were the catalyst for the exile's "re-"introduction to the plot and the force. Exile's villains were later debunked to be wannabes, and it was revealed that Revan had already discovered and is pursuing the true threat of the Sith.

lastly, Revan and his escapades became the continuation goal at the end of the second game, to give the Exile a purpose... who's purpose is to do what? Follow Revan's footsteps?

I'm not saying the focus character of the third KOTOR has to be Revan. But to not include Revan in a plot that is both created and largley centered around him would be idiotic. KOTOR 2 did a great job at building up the mystery of what happened to Revan, but before the franchise ends, they will have to conclude what has happened to Revan.

and no, not in a lame datapad... That would be like Luke reading about Vader's death in a datapad he found after beating Sidius.

I'm referring to the beginning of KOTOR 1, and the end of KOTOR 2... and I meant the character which is mostly driving the plot of the franchise. Not the character which each individual game spotlights.

Exactly, and the Exile was the one who "drove the plot" of TSL. Revan was mentioned a few times, and he's the subject of conversation in the talk with Carth on Telos, but he is certainly not "driving the plot".

Revan was largely responsible for the creation of the exile, "her" back story, and his actions were the catalyst for the exile's "re-"introduction to the plot and the force. Exile's villains were later debunked to be wannabes, and it was revealed that Revan had already discovered and is pursuing the true threat of the Sith.

The creation of the Exile? You mean the reason the Exile exiled himself? Well no, he exiled himself because he could not withstand the force of all the lives he was responsible for ending on Malachor V. Revan never gave him an order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator. The Exile was "re-introduced to the Force because of Kreia. She found the Exile, taught him, and told him of the "threat" that lay beyond.

Revan hadn't "discovered" anything, he "remembered" something from that he had found in the Outer Rim. That's why he left for the Unknown Regions.

The creation of the Exile? You mean the reason the Exile exiled himself? Well no, he exiled himself because he could not withstand the force of all the lives he was responsible for ending on Malachor V. Revan never gave him an order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator. The Exile was "re-introduced to the Force because of Kreia. She found the Exile, taught him, and told him of the "threat" that lay beyond.

In a way, Revan was a critical point for the exile of our character. He didnt ordered him to start the MSG, but he was there, at the right time, on the right place. Because Revan wasnt sure about his/her loyalty. Had not he/she disconnected him/herself from the Force, there would be no exile for him, and he would be dead.

He didnt ordered him to start the MSG, but he was there, at the right time, on the right place. Because Revan wasnt sure about his/her loyalty. Had not he/she disconnected him/herself from the Force, there would be no exile for him, and he would be dead.

I was under the impression that Revan ordered for the creation of the MSG, to ensure that all those who were disloyal to Revan, would be killed or turned to the DS. The Exile was the only person that able to break Revan's trap, and Kreia admires him for this.

Which leads to the question...is the Exile serving willingly with Revan, an former Sith Lord who tried to kill The Exile off, or is grudingly working with Revan in order to stop a bigger threat?

Archived