Home

Cancel The Simpsons?

Nick Virago

I say do another season after this simpsons movie, then end it. Most of the newer episodes, although funny at times, don't really do it for me. Overall they are less funny and deal with storylines that seem to be ever increasingly off-the-wall, when compared to to the older episodes. Don't get me wrong, I love the Simpsons. Its just a show thats been on for so long, just doesn't have the same quality that it once had.

I think the movie maybe a way of putting an end to the series, I mean it has had a good 20 years or so of running episodes and hasn't needed a film to promote the cartoon. The movie is either being made because the Simpsons team 'can' make the film in terms of money or want to end the series. Of course it could go on after the movie but from the standard of recent episodes it won't be as funny as it was.

I say don't cancel it...I personally find it to be a hilarious show. A lot of people don't appreciate it as much because one of the "wow" factors of these animated cartoons is the "how could they do that on TV?" Constantly, I get the feeling of disbelief from people who watch Family Guy, American Dad, and even South Park. All of these shows push the boundaries of what is acceptable on TV, and that's what makes them funny. They are all good shows, but the Simpsons is still some good fun. In conclusion, keep the simpsons and any other animated show on FOX for now until you can fill it with a show that's just as good...which won't happen for a while...

Oh, by the way, unless contracts change, there will be at least one more season of The Simpsons after the movie comes out. I remember reading it on the news that it was renewed for a couple more (this was last year), and Family Guy got at least one more season in this contract as well. So yea, I doubt the Simpsons will be gone after the movie...I can't wait for it!

• 1 month later...
Either Way "Family Guy" has taken the spotlight from "The simpsons" over here in Britain

It has a different kind of mood. More adult, more sarcastic, more british. I love it and right now I could say I find it more entertaining than The Simpsons.

My favourite quote, from Family Guy: The Movie

Scientist: [Scientist unfreezes Walt Disney's body] Welcome Back,Mr. Disney.

Walt Disney: Are the Jews gone yet?

Scientist: Uhh,no...

Walt Disney: Put me back in!

[Slams the crynogen chamber shut]

The Simpsons being gone would be one more thing from our childhood leaving us...

It sucks! When you think about it, when we're all gonna be 70 no one is even going to remember The Simpsons or Biker Rats from Mars or Carebears or whatever... It's sad.

Archived